Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If both teams have their D Leaguers in, we're likely favorites to win the game considering the season the 905 is having.
    Should be noted that the majority of players on the 905 roster are affiliated players - they're not on the Raptors roster (so you won't see Heslip, Tavares etc). If the Raptors decide to rest the starters, you'll see significant minutes from BeBe, Pascal, Jakob, Fred, Norm, and Delon. Not sure how many minutes Bruno would appear for at all.

Should be noted that the 905 won't know the schedule for the next round of the D-League playoffs until either Monday (today) or Wednesday of this week, depending on how the other playoff series goes. If the other series ends tonight, and the 905 start the second round say on Thursday, then you might have Pascal, possibly Fred, and Bruno travelling with the 905 on Wednesday - which will mean more time for the second unit, but probably will mean at least some minutes for the starters.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
      Should be noted that the majority of players on the 905 roster are affiliated players - they're not on the Raptors roster (so you won't see Heslip, Tavares etc). If the Raptors decide to rest the starters, you'll see significant minutes from BeBe, Pascal, Jakob, Fred, Norm, and Delon. Not sure how many minutes Bruno would appear for at all.

Should be noted that the 905 won't know the schedule for the next round of the D-League playoffs until either Monday (today) or Wednesday of this week, depending on how the other playoff series goes. If the other series ends tonight, and the 905 start the second round say on Thursday, then you might have Pascal, possibly Fred, and Bruno travelling with the 905 on Wednesday - which will mean more time for the second unit, but probably will mean at least some minutes for the starters.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

A lineup of Wright-Powell-Bruno-Poeltl-Bebe would be hilarious
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• This is what the Knicks SHOULD look like. These guys and Porzingis. A bunch of desperate, young guys. If THEY were the team and not all these insane vet contracts (Noah, Carmelo) you could see a better future for them. That said, what a rough watch.

What's up with the Cavs?

Comment

• Fuck Arsenal. And Wenger too.

Comment

• I just realized this, but if we rest DeRozan on wed, then it'd be 6 days off in between games. I don't think that's good idea. We need him sharp come playoff time.

I wouldn't rest any of the players on wed. Maybe put some mins restrictions, give Lowry, DeRozan, Ibaka and PJ 24 mins. Just to keep them sharp.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Has there ever been a team in history that didnt "come out with the intention of winning"?? Resting players IS tanking, I'm pretty sure nobody expects that they would purposely throw bad passes or miss shots. what a tool.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

"We're coming out with the intention of winning, but we're resting our two best players"
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      I just realized this, but if we rest DeRozan on wed, then it'd be 6 days off in between games. I don't think that's good idea. We need him sharp come playoff time.

I wouldn't rest any of the players on wed. Maybe put some mins restrictions, give Lowry, DeRozan, Ibaka and PJ 24 mins. Just to keep them sharp.
                      Its a real odd situation, seems like a lose lose situation to me. Play everyone and it means Raps probably play Cavs in the second round, don't play starters and Raps could still end up playing the Cavs in the second round and Raps risk being out of sync for the start of the playoffs. I am assuming the Cavs decide to rest at least two of the big three, otherwise may as well play everyone.

Comment

• The Cavs wanna face us in the 2nd round. It's obvious.

Little do they know that were prepared to knock them out no matter when we face them. It's inevitable.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• The Cavs really look like they aren't even trying..

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            The Cavs wanna face us in the 2nd round. It's obvious.

Little do they know that were prepared to knock them out no matter when we face them. It's inevitable.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                              The Cavs really look like they aren't even trying..
                              They don't care about the regular season. Pop and the Spurs have been doing this for years and it makes a ton of sense.

A fresh LeBron is the stuff of nightmares. Fortunately they've got holes in their lineup and aren't invincible.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                They don't care about the regular season. Pop and the Spurs have been doing this for years and it makes a ton of sense.

A fresh LeBron is the stuff of nightmares. Fortunately they've got holes in their lineup and aren't invincible.
                                Cavs were playing Ole defense on Dragic and JJ, lots of straight line drives that were uncontested at the rim. Then JJ and Dragic sit (you're season on the line and you're playing Okaro White most of the 1st quarter?), and then Deron Williams making Whiteside look silly multiple times on the pick and roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X