Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Re resting players - this is why this is such a big debate. I don't have a problem resting the grandpa's of the game like Dirk and Pierce and last year Duncan and Kobe. But does a 25 year old Kyrie Irving really needs a rest? hell i have a problem resting LeBron.

I don't remember guys like Jordan and Olajuwon, Malone etc... even Kobe(in his prime) getting a "rest day".
    Doesn't LeBron lead the league in minutes? And he has the most minutes for a player at this point in his career since Wilt I'm pretty sure. Him I can understand.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• We really need to tank the game tomorrow. I really wanna face the Celtics in the 2nd round and destroy them. Pls.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Re resting players - this is why this is such a big debate. I don't have a problem resting the grandpa's of the game like Dirk and Pierce and last year Duncan and Kobe. But does a 25 year old Kyrie Irving really needs a rest? hell i have a problem resting LeBron.

I don't remember guys like Jordan and Olajuwon, Malone etc... even Kobe(in his prime) getting a "rest day".
        People know a lot more about the human body than they did back in the day. Plus, Jordan left the game for a second midway through. Hakeem got old fast (Raptors trade --ahem), Malone was just a tank.

That said, with the Cavs losing today, they probably shut down all their starters Wednesday. Kyle needs minutes, the team needs game time minutes together. Since the game doesn't really matter, I expect the Raps to play starters for 20+ minutes and try to get guys like Bebe and Pascal on (is Pascal activated?) by the 4th. It's gonna be an ugly game

Comment

It's different if its game 82 and it means nothing to YOUR team. I understand its not worth the risk of getting injured in a nothing game. But then Lowry and the new additions need time to gel as well, so a fair compromise is probably or so minutes for all the starters.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It will be interesting what the Cavs do tomorrow, will they bench their starters or do us dirty by playing really hard with their starters so they will try to defeat us morally before the playoffs.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              It will be interesting what the Cavs do tomorrow, will they bench their starters or do us dirty by playing really hard with their starters so they will try to defeat us morally before the playoffs.
              It's been confirmed that lebron will not play. Kyrie is a maybe.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                We really need to tank the game tomorrow. I really wanna face the Celtics in the 2nd round and destroy them. Pls.
                If Celts win against the Bucks it doesnt matter what we do.

Fack, 1st Giannis, then LeBron...just wonderful lol

Comment

We really need to tank the game tomorrow. I really wanna face the Celtics in the 2nd round and destroy them. Pls.
                  Bring out the 905 squad

Comment

I'd rather knock off the Cavs in the 2nd round & then beat up on Boston.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Im so split on who I hope the Pacers play...

I think Lance Stephenson may have sparked something in that team.

On one hand I would love to see the Pacers eliminate the Celtics in the 1st rd just for laughs and the other would like to see Lance and PG wear down LBJ because Bron would need to battle George, meanwhile Stephenson will get under his skin and work him harder on that end too....Lance is a pretty good defender when hes into it.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        Im so split on who I hope the Pacers play...

I think Lance Stephenson may have sparked something in that team.

On one hand I would love to see the Pacers eliminate the Celtics in the 1st rd just for laughs and the other would like to see Lance and PG wear down LBJ because Bron would need to battle George, meanwhile Stephenson will get under his skin and work him harder on that end too....Lance is a pretty good defender when hes into it.
                        Lance will blow in his ear again.

I hope the Heat play the Celtics though, Whiteside will dominate that series.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Lance will blow in his ear again.

I hope the Heat play the Celtics though, Whiteside will dominate that series.
                          Hmm didnt think of that, so the Heat have the season series against the Bulls? If so I have no problem with seeing our biological fathers get eliminated from the Playoffs. Not that I thought the Bulls were a tough match up for anyone but us. I rather the Heat play the Celts than the Bulls too but I do think the Pacers have the best chance of the 3 to eliminate them.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            Hmm didnt think of that, so the Heat have the season series against the Bulls? If so I have no problem with seeing our biological fathers get eliminated from the Playoffs. Not that I thought the Bulls were a tough match up for anyone but us. I rather the Heat play the Celts than the Bulls too but I do think the Pacers have the best chance of the 3 to eliminate them.
                            iirc The Heat have the season series with the Pacers, but not the Bulls, which is why they need one of those two teams to lose to have a chance at the playoffs. I would love to see the Heat in the playoffs, they are fun to watch, and fuck the Bulls.

Comment

If I was Adam Silver, in the next CBA I would insist on a player losing 1 game's salary for each DNP-rest. That will be the end of that.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X