Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big boi wrote: View Post
    The only positive I can glean out of facing the cavs in the 2nd round is that if we lose, Casey can justifiably be fired given a step back vs. last year. I of course hope we beat the cavs in that series, play the celts and beat them in the ECF, and then play in the finals... which would be a huge step forward. But then of course Casey would be retained. I want us to go as far as possible this year, but I believe Casey holds us back from our potential.
    Not sure losing to the Cavs in the second round would be considered a "step back". We're still losing to the best team in the East.

Sorry (not sorry) Boston, you're a fake #1 seed.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

Sorry (not sorry) Boston, you're a fake #1 seed.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yeah... if he was a coach that I really wanted here, I wouldn't want him fired just for losing to the Cavs in the 2nd round. But if he is a coach that I want to get fired, which he is, then I hope it would at least help justify firing him. Believe me I think there are many better reasons to fire him, and have been for years, but as people that love him point toward his record, I would suggest a big slump before the all star game, before Lowry was out, led to us not finishing first, most likely, and thus avoiding the cavs in the 2nd round. Again, all I'm talking about is a justification for firing him. There really hasn't been one since the Washington series sweep, because JV rescued him in the Indiana series last year. Then Masai helped rescue him in this year's slump by trading for Ibaka and Tucker. I think he should be fired because he isn't a very good head coach. I believe we need a better head coach to get the maximum potential out of this team (to the extent we are able to resign Lowry, Ibaka and Tucker... which might only be enhanced if we were able to attract a better head coach).

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
          Yeah... if he was a coach that I really wanted here, I wouldn't want him fired just for losing to the Cavs in the 2nd round. But if he is a coach that I want to get fired, which he is, then I hope it would at least help justify firing him. Believe me I think there are many better reasons to fire him, and have been for years, but as people that love him point toward his record, I would suggest a big slump before the all star game, before Lowry was out, led to us not finishing first, most likely, and thus avoiding the cavs in the 2nd round. Again, all I'm talking about is a justification for firing him. There really hasn't been one since the Washington series sweep, because JV rescued him in the Indiana series last year. Then Masai helped rescue him in this year's slump by trading for Ibaka and Tucker. I think he should be fired because he isn't a very good head coach. I believe we need a better head coach to get the maximum potential out of this team (to the extent we are able to resign Lowry, Ibaka and Tucker... which might only be enhanced if we were able to attract a better head coach).
          Yawn...not trying to he disrespectful, but anybody whos consumed with thoughts of firing Casey on the eve of an exciting time like this needs to get past it. Can't see the forest through the trees.

Comment

• Raptors just won 50 games for the 2nd straight season. Second hottest team in the NBA just behind the Warriors.

Some Raptors fans - FIRE CASEY.

Holy shit. There's so many things to talk about but whatever.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Interesting.. seems like Bucks want to avoid us.

Comment

• So why are the Nets resting their players?? Adam Silver needs to address this.

https://twitter.com/BrooklynNets/sta...24711198117888
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  So why are the Nets resting their players?? Adam Silver needs to address this.

https://twitter.com/BrooklynNets/sta...24711198117888
                  It makes no sense whatsoever, from any possible point of view. Next have the lottery locked up and nothing to rest for. They should be all over the spoiler role. They've been playing well. Love to hear the explanation for this craziness. Like I said, the solution for Adam Silver is simple: DNP-rest = minus 1 game salary.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    It makes no sense whatsoever, from any possible point of view. Next have the lottery locked up and nothing to rest for. They should be all over the spoiler role. They've been playing well. Love to hear the explanation for this craziness. Like I said, the solution for Adam Silver is simple: DNP-rest = minus 1 game salary.
                    Just me...I'd like for Boston to play the Bulls. I think the Bulls could beat them. I'd like that. Wonder if that's in the Nets calculus...a Prokhorov FU for the draft picks.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Giannis + Bucks shooters in the first round would be decent practice for LeBron + Cavs shooters in the second
                      Fucking Dellavedova gave the Bucks the Cavs play that destroyed us in the ECF

.....At least we'll be warmed up for LeBron in round 2.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        The solution for teams is then simple. DNP rest becomes DNP headache, DNP bruised ankle, DNP pooping lots today. The union would he allll over that

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          The solution for teams is then simple. DNP rest becomes DNP headache, DNP bruised ankle, DNP pooping lots today. The union would he allll over that
                          Yeah, but then you're forcing your medical & training staff flat out lie, which might not be acceptable or comfortable for some people - especially the medical profession.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Fucking right the union would be all over that. The TEAM decides to rest a player, so the player loses salary? The players aren't making the decision, the teams are. Should players lose pay every time they get a DNP-CD?
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• The player itself shouldn't be fined.... the team should, like what they did when Masai said FUCK BROOKLYN.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                The player itself shouldn't be fined.... the team should, like what they did when Masai said FUCK BROOKLYN.
                                But the man is truly a GOD, he made that statement and they have been doomed ever since. Crazy stuff...

Comment

Working...
                                X