X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We sit out DD.... so Norman Time?

Watch Norman go out and get 52 now.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Casey has flaws but sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. Bulls fans wanted Thibs gone for overplaying their starters and eventually got what they wanted and they haven't been the same team since. I am not DC's biggest fan but we would have to be prepared for a step back if he were to get fired. My biggest complaint is late game situations and play calling. Even ISO already ---yes there is some risk of a turnover if pass the balk but using DD as a decoy drawing the double team and passing to open guy would shock everyone and just might work. DC is to predictable in late game situations.
      I agree re late game situations. Or end of shot clock situations. I hear you, but I think Thibs is a better coach. Anyway, I hope we can figure it out for the playoffs and with the benefit of a series against one opponent we can run plays in those situation instead of default to iso. Looking forward to the playoffs.

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
        Lol DD with flu-like symptoms
        Right........
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Loss here would be huge
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Loss here would be huge
            Why?

Boston is not losing to Milwaukee.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Why?

Boston is not losing to Milwaukee.
              Is I Thomas sitting? He should be, cause everyone else is lol.

Also, Brooklyn should be severely punished for sitting all their guys, they're last fucking place and are effecting Miami in the playoff race directly. That's borderline collusion IMO
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It's ridiculous that they're resting their players against the Bulls. You're in last fucking place. Why are you resting your "top" guys for? what's the point?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  It's ridiculous that they're resting their players against the Bulls. You're in last fucking place. Why are you resting your "top" guys for? what's the point?
                  Especially when it directly effects a teams playoff hopes. It's borderline collusion as I said before. Makes you wonder if the NBA wants the Bulls in. I don't think that's the case, but THIS is a problem. Resting a 32 year old Lebron mid season, fine. But wtf is this about??

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Especially when it directly effects a teams playoff hopes. It's borderline collusion as I said before. Makes you wonder if the NBA wants the Bulls in. I don't think that's the case, but THIS is a problem. Resting a 32 year old Lebron mid season, fine. But wtf is this about??
                    Personally I think resting players is really short sighted. You're going to lose casual fans. Really, some guy who takes his two kids to a game and spends $500 over the course of the night and best players are sitting on the bench for rest? There will be casual fans who won't come back for years after that. Ditto to turning on a national game on ABC and finding these guys sitting on the bench. The teams + players are completely forgetting where their $$$ is coming from. Increasing your championship odds? Still only 1 out of 30 teams are going to win a championship, so great, 1 team has happy fans who will say "I didn't get to watch Durant play, but at least we won that year!" The fans of the other 29 teams don't get to say that. The casual fan turning on a national game during the season who just wants to watch some basketball doesn't say that, either.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I understand the angst, but I don't think the league can say "only good teams are allowed to rest players". They either have to eliminate resting altogether, or allow it and see shit like this as a result. Don't think there's an in-between.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I understand the angst, but I don't think the league can say "only good teams are allowed to rest players". They either have to eliminate resting altogether, or allow it and see shit like this as a result. Don't think there's an in-between.
                        My problem is theres no rhyme or reason for brooklyn to do it. They are tanked as far as they can go with no first anyways, and they're not preparing for a playoff run. Those are both valid reasons whether we like them or not. Brooklyn is doing it...why? It could end up costing miami fans a playoff round, and the heat organization millions and millions in revenue. Its just icky

Comment

• Also I'll add to "rest is stupid": the nbas "sister league" (same months played, games played, conference and playoff format) nhl NEVER rests players, and their top guys have a much more brutal physical gauntlet to make it through. That's not even up for debate, that's fact.

Comment

My problem is theres no rhyme or reason for brooklyn to do it. They are tanked as far as they can go with no first anyways, and they're not preparing for a playoff run. Those are both valid reasons whether we like them or not. Brooklyn is doing it...why? It could end up costing miami fans a playoff round, and the heat organization millions and millions in revenue. Its just icky
                            I don't disagree. But there isn't a requirement to justify the rest to the league. That's the problem.

Comment

The only rational I can think of is that Brooklyn is on the road, and they want to reward their best guys by giving them the night off, and an early start to their summer vacation for having to endure the crap that they had to all year long.

It's pretty gross that the NBA is like this. People pay over $100 a night to see some of these guys play. The league should really consider cutting pre-season down by a few games.. getting rid of that week long all-star break and then moving the draft/free agency out a week or two. Still get those 82 games in + playoffs but in a longer window.

Less b2b's, and 4 in 5's. If you have more natural rest days through out the year.. we might see less of this crap.

Comment

• Good argument that scarcity (a shorter schedule) could actually drive increased revenue (see: NFL), but I doubt the billionaires will ever risk toying with that.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X