Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    The only rational I can think of is that Brooklyn is on the road, and they want to reward their best guys by giving them the night off, and an early start to their summer vacation for having to endure the crap that they had to all year long.

It's pretty gross that the NBA is like this. People pay over $100 a night to see some of these guys play. The league should really consider cutting pre-season down by a few games.. getting rid of that week long all-star break and then moving the draft/free agency out a week or two. Still get those 82 games in + playoffs but in a longer window.

Less b2b's, and 4 in 5's. If you have more natural rest days through out the year.. we might see less of this crap.
    Going from an 8 game to a 4 game preseason would help. But again people pay nearly full price to watch meaningless scrimmages in October so heaven forbid they lost dollars

The only people here getting screwed are the fans. Surprise surprise.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Also I'll add to "rest is stupid": the nbas "sister league" (same months played, games played, conference and playoff format) nhl NEVER rests players, and their top guys have a much more brutal physical gauntlet to make it through. That's not even up for debate, that's fact.
      I would say that the overall content of a mid season NBA game is better, because the star players actually go all out, so much dump and chase and coasting in mid season NHL games.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I understand the angst, but I don't think the league can say "only good teams are allowed to rest players". They either have to eliminate resting altogether, or allow it and see shit like this as a result. Don't think there's an in-between.
        Yeah I would say add that there are multiple reasons to sit your best players other than to lose games. Obviously to avoid injury, but I'm sure every franchise wants to get a better read on their young bench players (ie Bruno, Powell, Poeltl etc.) and there is no way those guys would play big minutes with actual starters in the lineup.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          I would say that the overall content of a mid season NBA game is better, because the star players actually go all out, so much dump and chase and coasting in mid season NHL games.
          If demar derozan had to block 1 nhl slap shot he'd by lying down wincing for 3 hours. There is no comparison

Comment

• So is DeRozan not playing tonight?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              So is DeRozan not playing tonight?
              Not confirmed yet. He's questionable. Either way, he was feeling under the weather. "Re-accommodate" him to Toronto. Flu is contagious, can't risk it just b4 the playoffs

Comment

• Let's just go home.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Let's just go home.

Fuck these guys are so annoying. Golden State hasn't "rested" once this year, Lue and the Cavs treating these guys like fragile pieces of art. Please basketball gods do not send these losers back to the finals

Comment

• I hope it really is an excuse and not the flu. That would suck and it could go around the team. No shame in just saying "rest" at this point.

Comment

• Like i said, Adam Silver needs to address this.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This is a way bigger issue than banning the "Hack A Shaq"
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Like i said, Adam Silver needs to address this.
                          Everybody thinks they're cool cause Pop did it, Pop only rested Duncan and Manu who were old as fuck. Kyrie and Love resting all the time is fucking weird...theyre 20 SOMETHING YEARS OLD

Comment

• That's what i said in the other thread -- i don't have a problem resting the grandfather's of thw game like Kobe and Duncan last year, Nowitzki this year. But guys who are in their mid 20's? lol. And why are the Nets resting their players again?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Everybody thinks they're cool cause Pop did it, Pop only rested Duncan and Manu who were old as fuck. Kyrie and Love resting all the time is fucking weird...theyre 20 SOMETHING YEARS OLD
                              And one of them already missed a third of the season to injury.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

This is a way bigger issue than banning the "Hack A Shaq"
                                Agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X