Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Could we get Aldridge from Spurs without selling the farm?
    Nope. I figured our best non-farm offer would be Ross, Patterson, Poeltl, multiple 1sts. I doubt they bite.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'll be rooting for the Raps in this one.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
        I'll be rooting for the Raps in this one.

Comment

hopefully sully isn't out too long , Siakam and Patterson should be able to get us by and this gives Siakam a good amount of playing time which is key to development. Optimism is key

Comment

DiabloMami wrote: View Post
            hopefully sully isn't out too long , Siakam and Patterson should be able to get us by and this gives Siakam a good amount of playing time which is key to development. Optimism is key
            Sully won't play for at least 3 months

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              I for one am almost happy at this development. That's assuming he's fresh for the 2nd half.

We need to find out what we have in our bigs, most notably Siakam. It does nobody any good to have all 3 of Siakam, Bebe and Poelt average a combined 5 or 10 minutes all season. With 3 months, we will hopefully learn A LOT about Siakam. Best case scenario, we drafted our long term PF. Now don't everybody laugh at once, that is an ABSOLUTE best case scenario. But at least we'll know. We can't go into the 2017 off season not knowing what we have in any of our entry level guys other than I guess Powell. Eventually these guys need to play or be cut loose. And we can't continue with band aids at starting PF. AAND it becomes all the more paramount knowing what we have with 2Pat entering the 15 to 20 million dollar a year universe. (still can't wrap my head around these numbers)
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                While this may well be true, it's not what is being said. 2-3 months, maybe more, maybe less, is what Masai suggested in his press conference. I don't think we can say for sure that it will be that long. Certainly no time soon though.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I for one am almost happy at this development. That's assuming he's fresh for the 2nd half.

We need to find out what we have in our bigs, most notably Siakam. It does nobody any good to have all 3 of Siakam, Bebe and Poelt average a combined 5 or 10 minutes all season. With 3 months, we will hopefully learn A LOT about Siakam. Best case scenario, we drafted our long term PF. Now don't everybody laugh at once, that is an ABSOLUTE best case scenario. But at least we'll know. We can't go into the 2017 off season not knowing what we have in any of our entry level guys other than I guess Powell. Eventually these guys need to play or be cut loose. And we can't continue with band aids at starting PF. AAND it becomes all the more paramount knowing what we have with 2Pat entering the 15 to 20 million dollar a year universe. (still can't wrap my head around these numbers)
                  Agree on the notion of using this setback with Sullinger to see what Nogeuria / Peoltl / Siakam have sooner rather than later.

If he can stay upright it would be nice to see what Bebe can bring to the party on a consistent basis. Would be happy if he stayed healthy enough to at least play the Dwayne Wade schedule (65 games) with regular minutes.

Pascal played close to 35 minutes a night at New Mexico State last year. He played the full 40 a few times. I know the SunBelt conference isn't the NBA but he should be able to use that big motor and pretty close to ready NBA body to put in 15-18 minutes a night if he merits it. Coaching staff is going to have to keep it simple for him on what they want (rebounds and defense and the odd run out if its there).

Hopefully Poeltl is a quick study on offense and give the raps 10 mins a night as he isn't as physically ready as Pascal for the grind of a the 82 game pro season. Still the whole team... GM, Coach, Scouting thought this guy was worth the pick at 9 so lets see what he can do....

Everyone heals differently but Sullinger carries big weight on a big frame and its a foot injury. Thinking it might be a redux of Carroll and we see Sullinger back closer to end of March rather than mid February. Nobody knows ...
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Thank goodness they are at least thinking about starting Patterson. If Siakam impresses off bench for several games maybe he earns the starting role, or if Patterson mysteriously struggles (lending more credence to the currently-unsupported narrative of him not being good as a starter). But I think PP is the obvious guy to start for the first little while at least.
                    That is the greatest thing I've heard all day. I never thought Casey would even think about starting Pat. This is a good sign.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Just saw Casey's scrum. Still think Siakam will start.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Just saw Casey's scrum. Still think Siakam will start.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        I'm gonna listen now. But FUCK I really hope not
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I was looking at guys who played really well last year internationally/in the D-League.

There's this one guy I really like for our squad. He's 28, played amazing last season for the Canton Charge and made the D-League All 2nd team.

His name is Nick Minnerath. He's exactly what you want in a power forward this day and age, he just has never gotten a shot. Sadly, he's gone to Europe & is playing in Russia. But seriously, look at his game tapes. This guy is skilled. Looks like a mix between Jon Leuer & Chris Andersen (Yes, Bird Man).

I know it's odd to post up a random rant like this, but we need help at the PF spot.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

The possibility of Siakam and Bebe sharing the floor together increased by a lot. Oh boy

EDIT: Completely forgot that we have Poeltl on the roster. Not sure if that makes things better though lol
                            OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                              The possibility of Siakam and Bebe sharing the floor together increased by a lot. Oh boy

EDIT: Completely forgot that we have Poeltl on the roster. Not sure if that makes things better though lol
                              Bebe is injured

Comment

Bookies still love us. We've opened as 9 points fav against the Pistons.

Comment

Working...
                                X