• I guess I'll make Game 2 thread as well
          lets start a streak!!!
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post
              Biyombo got 70 mil to not play a single minute
              Biz was serving a suspension from flagrant in last year's playoffs

Comment

• Nice win to start the year!

Holy crap DeRozan came to ball tonight. He was in full NOOOOO-YES! mode all night. Especially to start the second half, just hitting tough shot after tough shot. Mixed things up nicely with some very nice takes to the bucket as well though. Would like to see more use of the pick and roll for him - bobbled a few handoffs and caused turnovers, but that seemed more rust than anything. Nice game overall, even managed to be pretty average defensively - was not really taken advantage of at that end. Need a little more passing from him on most nights, but when it's going down like that, shoot away.

I thought starting Siakam was a mistake and I stand by it. He makes up a lot with his energy, but he's still a ways off from fitting in with the starters, and frankly I'd like his energy off the bench - that seemed to be the missing ingredient tonight for that bench unit that Biyombo always brought. Still, after the first few very rickety minutes, he settled in and was very, very good. Keep that activity level up and learn from mistakes and he's already a massive upgrade over Scola in the starting lineup.

Lowry didn't have it, and played kind of dumb for the first half, settling down in the second and seeming to find a bit of a groove at the end of the game. No worries, others stepped up.

Ross was a nice surprise, showed a lot. Nice passing, nice drives to the bucket. Decent defence too.

Patterson, CoJo, typical solid performances off the bench. Didn't need have to do much in this one. Nice job by Poeltl - even with his foul trouble, he probably had a more level and controlled game than Siakam. Didn't bring the same chaos, but was almost always in the right spot and only rarely a step late (and got called for the foul every time he was, so lessons to be learned there). Nice to see him get a bucket (more kudos to Ross on that one). That big depth is looking just fine.

Carroll was pretty invisible but that's OK - he was still the only guy hitting threes for most of the game, and he didn't get the massive run at the 4 I expected with Siakam holding down the fort pretty well.

Last but not least. Tell me again how worried you are about JV's pre-season. Ha. Monster game, and it was obvious he dominated all over the court - rebounds, huge scoring on crazy efficiency, looked really good defensively. Want to highlight one thing though - the Raps tried to pass to him inside early on a couple times. They forced some passes that he would have a hard time catching. And he caught them, and got fouled. Force that ball in there guys. Good things happen, and this is exhibit A - Drummond barely played in this one due to foul trouble (some credit to DeMar too on that one on that beautiful spin from the post into a dunk and-one). If you can generate foul trouble for opposing bigs, it's worth trading off a few early turnovers trying to get the ball inside to JV.

Oh, and he put Boban on a poster and that was very fun. Twisted the rim off-kilter on that one too, not sure if anyone else noticed (haven't read through the whole thread), but Lowry sure did.

On the coaching side, I was pretty happy all things considered. Good rotation timing, good job closing out the game (not worried about minutes in this one, and DET was threatening a bit late).

Very nice win, with even the few bad spots looking like rust getting shaken off. Good job, boys.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Nice win to start the year!

Holy crap DeRozan came to ball tonight. He was in full NOOOOO-YES! mode all night. Especially to start the second half, just hitting tough shot after tough shot. Mixed things up nicely with some very nice takes to the bucket as well though. Would like to see more use of the pick and roll for him - bobbled a few handoffs and caused turnovers, but that seemed more rust than anything. Nice game overall, even managed to be pretty average defensively - was not really taken advantage of at that end. Need a little more passing from him on most nights, but when it's going down like that, shoot away.

I thought starting Siakam was a mistake and I stand by it. He makes up a lot with his energy, but he's still a ways off from fitting in with the starters, and frankly I'd like his energy off the bench - that seemed to be the missing ingredient tonight for that bench unit that Biyombo always brought. Still, after the first few very rickety minutes, he settled in and was very, very good. Keep that activity level up and learn from mistakes and he's already a massive upgrade over Scola in the starting lineup.

Lowry didn't have it, and played kind of dumb for the first half, settling down in the second and seeming to find a bit of a groove at the end of the game. No worries, others stepped up.

Ross was a nice surprise, showed a lot. Nice passing, nice drives to the bucket. Decent defence too.

Patterson, CoJo, typical solid performances off the bench. Didn't need have to do much in this one. Nice job by Poeltl - even with his foul trouble, he probably had a more level and controlled game than Siakam. Didn't bring the same chaos, but was almost always in the right spot and only rarely a step late (and got called for the foul every time he was, so lessons to be learned there). Nice to see him get a bucket (more kudos to Ross on that one). That big depth is looking just fine.

Carroll was pretty invisible but that's OK - he was still the only guy hitting threes for most of the game, and he didn't get the massive run at the 4 I expected with Siakam holding down the fort pretty well.

Last but not least. Tell me again how worried you are about JV's pre-season. Ha. Monster game, and it was obvious he dominated all over the court - rebounds, huge scoring on crazy efficiency, looked really good defensively. Want to highlight one thing though - the Raps tried to pass to him inside early on a couple times. They forced some passes that he would have a hard time catching. And he caught them, and got fouled. Force that ball in there guys. Good things happen, and this is exhibit A - Drummond barely played in this one due to foul trouble (some credit to DeMar too on that one on that beautiful spin from the post into a dunk and-one). If you can generate foul trouble for opposing bigs, it's worth trading off a few early turnovers trying to get the ball inside to JV.

Oh, and he put Boban on a poster and that was very fun. Twisted the rim off-kilter on that one too, not sure if anyone else noticed (haven't read through the whole thread), but Lowry sure did.

On the coaching side, I was pretty happy all things considered. Good rotation timing, good job closing out the game (not worried about minutes in this one, and DET was threatening a bit late).

Very nice win, with even the few bad spots looking like rust getting shaken off. Good job, boys.
                  That's the biggest thing. At least Pascal is still going to be better than Scola when he starts, so that's good. But being better than Scola is a very low standard lol. Also why am I the only one who didn't think Poeltl looked good defensively. Maybe the fouls blinded my judgement. I will have to look at him again because I thought he played terrible. And yes Dan you were right all along about JV. He played AMAZING and I couldn't be happier. Also when Demarre gets his rhythm back on his shot I think that's when he will take the next step. Until then I will take the active defense.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Hier Canada
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

That's a fair comparison actually. I'll accept it.

Only caught the second half tonight, but I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw.

We have a better record than Golden State.
                      Last edited by Joey; Wed Oct 26, 2016, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Only thing I will disagree with is Jakob. He's a rookie so it's expected but he looked like he didn't belong. I can't remember a single positive thing he did aside from the open dunk from that great pass from T Ross.

Comment

• That was one of the best 3 or 4 games I've ever seen derozan play..also one of the best 3 or 4 games I've ever seen jv play.

If these two both take another step forward this year..Look out.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'd love to see Jonas to go beast every game like he did tonight; he can obviously do it, he just needs to be as inspired every night as he seems to be to play Drummond every time.

With the new All-Star voting positions, its tought to get Centers in, but I'd LOVE to see Jonas just have a break out year. I think the playoffs were an eye-opener for him, and tonight should just reinforce those feelings within him. Dude is a stud. Nice haircut too.

Comment

• jonas smash

OG is our king

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                That's the biggest thing. At least Pascal is still going to be better than Scola when he starts, so that's good. But being better than Scola is a very low standard lol. Also why am I the only one who didn't think Poeltl looked good defensively. Maybe the fouls blinded my judgement. I will have to look at him again because I thought he played terrible. And yes Dan you were right all along about JV. He played AMAZING and I couldn't be happier. Also when Demarre gets his rhythm back on his shot I think that's when he will take the next step. Until then I will take the active defense.
                                Jakob looked pretty soft tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X