Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I for one am glad to see most of the usual suspects floating around here. I hope you all had a nice Derozan and are ready for five more DeRozans of DeRozan. What a time to be a DeRozan of the DeRozan DeRozans.

Oh my derozan i think im having a derozan
    I totally Derozaned it

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      I'd love to see Jonas to go beast every game like he did tonight; he can obviously do it, he just needs to be as inspired every night as he seems to be to play Drummond every time.

With the new All-Star voting positions, its tought to get Centers in, but I'd LOVE to see Jonas just have a break out year. I think the playoffs were an eye-opener for him, and tonight should just reinforce those feelings within him. Dude is a stud. Nice haircut too.

Comment

I'd love to see Jonas to go beast every game like he did tonight; he can obviously do it, he just needs to be as inspired every night as he seems to be to play Drummond every time.

With the new All-Star voting positions, its tought to get Centers in, but I'd LOVE to see Jonas just have a break out year. I think the playoffs were an eye-opener for him, and tonight should just reinforce those feelings within him. Dude is a stud. Nice haircut too.
        I mean it's easier to be inspired when you get to play minutes and touch the ball. That will continue to be the limiting factor for JV until the team lets him loose, which they will hopefully be forced to do because we are so thin up front.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Jakob looked pretty soft tonight.
          and nervous too.

Comment

• Game one of the 2016-2017 season.

DeRozan dominated, rebounded and passed while shooting efficiently - check
            JV rebounded, passed, scored efficiently and played solid defense - check
            Siakim showed energy, rebounded, played solid defense - check
            Good Ross showed up and rebounded, was engaged defensively, and made his shots - check

Mission accomplished.

Next game.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              and nervous too.
              He's just a kid. Not worried one iota.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                He's just a kid. Not worried one iota.

Comment

• So glad I PVR'd this game. Watching it again

Comment

• it kind of looked like Derozan and JV were options 1 and 2 tonight, not Derozan and Lowry.

Kyle didn't play great, and i expect him to be more involved, but i think long term a transition to a Demar/JV focused offence with lowry as the third option is going to be better anyways.

Comment

• 35 minutes for JV, and he scores 32 points and grabs 11 boards. Give him minutes, and he'll produce.

Huge games from some players tonight. AD had a huge game (50pts, 16 boards, 5 asts, 7 steals). Wholy sh!t.

Harden has like 14 assists at the half. LBJ had a triple double last night. Russ was one assist away from one tonight. Going to be a wild season if this keeps up.

*Edit - AD even had 4 blocks!

Comment

• I don't wanna jinx it but going by this game it looks like what was being said this offseason about giving JV a bigger role wasn't BS. We're so much more deadly when we play like this. Now obviously you won't get these kind of numbers from JV and Derozan on a nightly basis, but Lowry didn't do much tonight and the raps still easily put the game away.

Can't wait for the ECF rematch on Friday.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                          what's the raptors record for most points in a home opener ?
                          It was 39 pts by Vince Carter until DD got 40 tonight.

Comment

• How was the defense tonight? Specifically Pascal's and Carroll's?

Comment

I hate his hair.

But anyway, if that's what consistently triggers Beast JV then so be it. If he keeps getting minutes he'd be able to average at least 15 and 10 which should be enough to get in at the frountcourt spot in the East.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                How was the defense tonight? Specifically Pascal's and Carroll's?
                                Carroll is STILL meh.

But Pascal looks like a great perimeter defender. He really uses his endless gas tank to run all over with the addition of his length to majorly DISRUPT jump shots. He really effected a lot of shots taken by the guard/wing positions. If he can keep this up he may never be the pure rim protector Biz was but in a way more useful being that the league has become a jump shooting/perimeter oriented game. Teams are getting one shot and it's a highly contested one. But it's just one game of course, but very promising. Now if Powell could get back to playing like Tony Allen with some offence, instead of a poorman's DeMar, we could really have a sufficating defence when those 2 are in.

Comment

Working...
                                X