Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    Our defense wasn't really any better last year (105.2 dRTG, 11th) than in 2013-14 (105.3 dRTG, 10th), in fact I'd say it was worse because those 2013-14 numbers also include the bad start to the season with Gay.

In 2014-15 there was the huge dropoff down to 25th in the league but I feel like the system itself wasn't really the problem but rather the problem was trying to play that system with guys like Vasquez and Lou logging heavy minutes.
    In 2014-15 Casey implemented a hedging system that was completely insane on the face of it AND a terrible fit for our personnel. It was terrible. The defence in 2014-15 was terrible when Vasquez and Lou were sitting, they were a problem but not THE problem.

In 2013-14, meanwhile, the DRTG pre-Gay trade was about the same as at the end of the year.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      In 2014-15 Casey implemented a hedging system that was completely insane on the face of it AND a terrible fit for our personnel. It was terrible. The defence in 2014-15 was terrible when Vasquez and Lou were sitting, they were a problem but not THE problem.

In 2013-14, meanwhile, the DRTG pre-Gay trade was about the same as at the end of the year.
      I'll be very interested to see where the defense goes this year. We already saw some zone-D, but they can't return to the small, scrambling nonsense of 14-15. I can live with a more conservative scheme, like we had under Greer.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
        I'll be very interested to see where the defense goes this year. We already saw some zone-D, but they can't return to the small, scrambling nonsense of 14-15. I can live with a more conservative scheme, like we had under Greer.
        It looked exactly the same as last year in Game 1.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          LOL. Remember when 'Lebroning' was a thing?

................no

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• If there's one thing we did badly on Wednesday, it was converting catch and shoot opportunities. 5/25 overall, 2/16 from 3.

You have to figure that'll improve.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Comment

• "When James was a teenager, he started attending games at the arena, and he couldn’t believe how bad the Cavs were, how empty the arena often was, with its bright blue seats seeming like a neon sign of disinterest. During his senior year of high school, he went to several games, was given courtside seats and visited the locker room. His thought was pretty clear after he watched that 17-win team with the lowest attendance in the league: They were awful, and he didn’t want to be a part of it."

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  If there's one thing we did badly on Wednesday, it was converting catch and shoot opportunities. 5/25 overall, 2/16 from 3.

You have to figure that'll improve.
                  Yeah we really killed detroit....a couple of rusty turnovers and missed open looks away from being a 30+ pt win i think. Nice to see us come out swinging (literally even) this season.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    It looked exactly the same as last year in Game 1.
                    Yeah, about the same, except for that delightful zone defence they used for a few minutes. I love it when Casey mixes in zones, he did it a little in his first couple years but not nearly as much as I hoped for when he was hired. His matchup zone used on LBJ in the DAL championship series was a thing of beauty. It seems to be his strength as a defensive minded coach, and I'd love to see him use it more (especially with the personnel we have). Can really throw an opposing offence off, switch into and out of a zone defence.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

So you're saying there's a chance?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Get the ball to JV the whole game. Let him attack Love & Thompson.

Also, Siakam gets a perfect 2nd chance to prove himself on the perimeter with Love & I bet at times Lebron.

This is also a matchup where Ross/Powell will be needed.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Yeah, about the same, except for that delightful zone defence they used for a few minutes. I love it when Casey mixes in zones, he did it a little in his first couple years but not nearly as much as I hoped for when he was hired. His matchup zone used on LBJ in the DAL championship series was a thing of beauty. It seems to be his strength as a defensive minded coach, and I'd love to see him use it more (especially with the personnel we have). Can really throw an opposing offence off, switch into and out of a zone defence.
                          Yeah i was really excited to see the zoning up at times. Thought they executed it fairly well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            So you're saying there's a chance?
                            Well if you want more.. From Covers

"A lot of bettors like to go against the defending NBA Champion on its Banner Night, but that situation has been a 50-50 proposition over the years (NBA Champs are 13-12 ATS since 1991). Instead, I prefer to fade such teams on the road in their second game, and especially if they're matched up against an opponent that isn't off a straight-up loss, as the champs are 1-8 ATS in that situation since 1991. And that very well could be the case on Friday, when the Cavaliers will travel to Toronto "

Comment

I thought his match-up zone was going to be his bread-and-butter when Casey was hired. You don't exactly need premium defenders to employ it either. Perhaps we'll see more of it going forward, but given how well the Cavs shoot the 3, I doubt we see it much tonight.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                                I thought his match-up zone was going to be his bread-and-butter when Casey was hired. You don't exactly need premium defenders to employ it either. Perhaps we'll see more of it going forward, but given how well the Cavs shoot the 3, I doubt we see it much tonight.
                                Depends who is on the floor, but yeah, not the ideal matchup for it.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X