No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, anyone know why no Quick Reaction has been posted for this game?
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      BTW, anyone know why no Quick Reaction has been posted for this game?
      It should be up there, seeing as I'm the one who did it. I'm seeing it. You still having that problem?
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        It should be up there, seeing as I'm the one who did it. I'm seeing it. You still having that problem?
        Not anymore Barolt. Wasn't up for a while though.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• So 5 things I think I saw.

1. The playoff experience last year is showing itself. No quit in the raps dog. Non panicked come back from a 10 point half time deficit to reel in the Lebrons to a tie game with 3 to play. They didn't fold coming down the stretch. In a one shot game The Lebrons made their shot to win and we didn't. Thats sports.

2.Jacob Poeltl provided 10 or so really good pro minutes. 7 pts and 7 boards. Both rookies don't look like they should be hidden deep in the D league based off the first two games. The time they play may decrease but in a really small 2 game sample size they have shown they have what it takes. Its sustainable and they will grow. Cause for giddy but guarded optimism

3.So far it looks like Demar is worth his contract eh ?

4.Yep it was a close one on our home floor and we didn't win it. Nope we didn't get the calls the NBA champs did.
          Yep it would appear we are competitive with the big dog in the east.

5.So far the defense hasn't fallen off and we can, even without Biz, rebound with the best of them in the NBA. +10 deltas in both games.. and it was against Andre Drummond and then against Thompson/Love.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Oct 28, 2016, 11:26 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Are people really complaining about the refs when Lowry was gifted an undeserved And-1 and a phantom call on a defensive rebound?
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              Are people really complaining about the refs when Lowry was gifted an undeserved And-1 and a phantom call on a defensive rebound?
              Yep... on balance the NBA held true to form and the Lebrons held a "circumstantial" edge in the 50/50 calls.
              Not complaining just observing.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                Are people really complaining about the refs when Lowry was gifted an undeserved And-1 and a phantom call on a defensive rebound?
                There was a few calls that were iffy both ways. The TT block on Lowry not getting called for one.
                Axel wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Fun game! They played bad for long stretches and were still right in it. Good fight. Tighten up that sloppy play and they win this one.

Lowry still very much getting into rhythm. Another bad night for him with the turnovers and not hitting shots. DeRozan was pretty good again, got to the basket a lot. Slipped a little defensively. JV had so many putback tips that it skewed his rebounding up and FG% down, but overall had a solid game, wasn't an issue defensively. Not used enough in the offence, but what else is new. Nice that 31 minutes now seems like a game where he didn't play enough - I spoil quickly, I guess. Siakam had a rougher game this time around but had some tantalizing plays including getting back and straight up stopping LeBron in transition. Poeltl had a nice game. Didn't mind them keeping him in against the small lineup CLE had out there in the 4th.

Joseph was great and almost won this one himself. Patterson was all over the court, very nice game from him even with some missed shots. Carroll was good for the most part, LeBron's just a tough check. Ross invisible, so that's never good.

Hopefully the offence gets cleaned up in the next few games, and they renew that effort to get inside, and they'll be just fine. The defence through two games has been on and off but overall has been pretty good I think.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I used to look forward to game threads.

Arm chair GM/Coaching is supposed to be fun.

Mans just seem bitter.

Comment

• Ok, cute trying just ross as a wing off the bench, but it's Powell time now. Give him 2 straight games as the only bench wing and he'll take the job and not look back.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        Demar was our best player

He made some nice passes

Lowry - 5/16
                        Carroll - 2/7
                        Jonas - 5/15
                        Patterson - 1/5 from deep
                        Ross - 0/2

Players missed some easy shots
                        He made so many terrible decisions. 32 points on 28 shot attempts is not good at all. With free throws it worked out to 50.7% TS, which is below league average.

6 of Jonas's misses were on failed tips where he was lucky to even get a hand on the ball. So he was really closer to 5 of 9. Which makes you wonder, once again, wtf is our plan on offense.

DeMar and Kyle combined to use 58 possessions (44 FGA).

That's about 60% of our total possessions.

Cleveland made 2 fewer buckets than us, but took twice as many threes and made 8 more than we did. That's the ball game.

Inefficient scoring will catch up with you eventually.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          All that for a one year rental...*barfing*
                          Atlanta still wouldn't even do it.

Why would they trade a proven all-star for depth and almost valueless picks? (Late firsts are now considered even worse than early seconds because of the guaranteed salary.) And especially after they just committed to Dwight for three years?

If we didn't include Powell or Poeltl, I would be fine with that trade, because getting Millsap's Bird rights has great value to us, because we are capped out and have no other way of adding gamechangers to our lineup.

Hell even if they asked for Powell/Poeltl you have to consider doing it.

Everybody wants to get value but nobody wants to give it. You want a multi-year All-Star on a multi-year deal? It will cost you a high lottery pick that we don't have. Boston can't even consolidate the Nets picks into a star.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            Where's Preseason Ross when you need him?! Back to his useless ways I see. But why wouldn't Casey at least put in all his best shooters for that 3?!

...and why the hell is Powell getting no PT?!????
                            I believe Ross still isn't 100%. I was always worried when he got injured because I knew he would lose his rhythm. I didn't get to watch this game but I'm glad that our defense overall was good in the first 2 games. I know when our guys get their rhythm back we will be just fine. I don't think all of Ross, Patterson, Demarre and Kyle are going to all shoot the ball badly for the whole season. Also we usually aren't a high turnover team so once the turnovers go down as well that would help a lot. I think the turnovers and the lack of hitting shots is a rhythm thing. I rather their defense be good and offense bad at this point than the other way around.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              He made so many terrible decisions. 32 points on 28 shot attempts is not good at all. With free throws it worked out to 50.7% TS, which is below league average.

6 of Jonas's misses were on failed tips where he was lucky to even get a hand on the ball. So he was really closer to 5 of 9. Which makes you wonder, once again, wtf is our plan on offense.

DeMar and Kyle combined to use 58 possessions (44 FGA).

That's about 60% of our total possessions.

Cleveland made 2 fewer buckets than us, but took twice as many threes and made 8 more than we did. That's the ball game.

Inefficient scoring will catch up with you eventually.
                              Jonas had a ton of tip-ins that he should have converted, though doing so is definitely harder with multiple Cavs clutching, pulling, and tugging on him. It's a wonder that he didn't swing his elbows at any of them.

DeRozan. Where do I begin? So long as Lowry is in this funk, our plan on offense seems to be "give the ball to DeMar and get out of his way". There was a lot of stagnant standing and watching too.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Ok, cute trying just ross as a wing off the bench, but it's Powell time now. Give him 2 straight games as the only bench wing and he'll take the job and not look back.
                                Agreed. However, Ross just got his contract. Showcase to trade him and then unleash Powell and give him the $ next yr.

Comment

Working...
                                X