Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Why do you keep saying mismatch. TT played pretty well last night on both ends.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    He's listed at 6'9. Jv and jp had success with orebs but didn't get the ball in the post much or in rhythm. Everytime cavs went small w love and Bron Casey matched. Size is our only real advantage. Good to explore that now in prep for possible ECF rematch.

Comment

• I'd almost forgotten about the Ross dunk on Faried.

DeMar and Ross should open up a poster shop when they retire they've both had some absolutely nasty ones.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Now that's a game thread OP!

Comment

• Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            He made so many terrible decisions. 32 points on 28 shot attempts is not good at all. With free throws it worked out to 50.7% TS, which is below league average.

6 of Jonas's misses were on failed tips where he was lucky to even get a hand on the ball. So he was really closer to 5 of 9. Which makes you wonder, once again, wtf is our plan on offense.

DeMar and Kyle combined to use 58 possessions (44 FGA).

That's about 60% of our total possessions.

Cleveland made 2 fewer buckets than us, but took twice as many threes and made 8 more than we did. That's the ball game.

Inefficient scoring will catch up with you eventually.
            Agreed! There was a sequence in the second quarter where whenever demar touched the ball it was either a turnover or a terrible shot by him. He has become even more chuckier this season, if that's possible.

So far this season he has taken 55 FGA in 73 mins. That's 0.75 FGA per min, way higher than last season.

He misses so many obvious passes to JV and ISOs all the time, it's just so goddamn infuriating. I'm sick of him. He's basically a homeless man's Kobe.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              He's listed at 6'9. Jv and jp had success with orebs but didn't get the ball in the post much or in rhythm. Everytime cavs went small w love and Bron Casey matched. Size is our only real advantage. Good to explore that now in prep for possible ECF rematch.
              They were going small with Lebron at center at lot. Its hard to put JV out there. Casey is a defensive coach. He is going to think D first when it comes to match ups.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Agreed! There was a sequence in the second quarter where whenever demar touched the ball it was either a turnover or a terrible shot by him. He has become even more chuckier this season, if that's possible.

So far this season he has taken 55 FGA in 73 mins. That's 0.75 FGA per min, way higher than last season.

He misses so many obvious passes to JV and ISOs all the time, it's just so goddamn infuriating. I'm sick of him. He's basically a homeless man's Kobe.
                He had a 50.7 true shooting percentage on a night where the rest of the team combined for a 44.4 ts%. You guys realize that the opposing teams defense also has a part in how efficient the raps are right? We were facing the champs and lost by 3. I hate coming on here and always defending demar because I do agree that there are some obvious flaws to his game and he needs to pass more. But this loss was absolutely not on him. Demar turned it over three times the entire night. Lowry had two times as many turnovers and a ton of stupid foul baiting contested lay up attempts.

Comment

• You know what the best thing is about this thread? How Raps fans don't easily accept losing game 2 of the regular season - even if it's against the reigning NBA champs. Times have changed. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    You know what the best thing is about this thread? How Raps fans don't easily accept losing game 2 of the regular season - even if it's against the reigning NBA champs. Times have changed. lol.
                    I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I mean, what will happen if we go on 5 games losing streak? I guess I know...

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      They were going small with Lebron at center at lot. Its hard to put JV out there. Casey is a defensive coach. He is going to think D first when it comes to match ups.

No one on raps can cover Bron. Being reactive everytime is weak. Sometimes you gotta play your strength to assert yourself to win. This game was never in question, at best maybe overtime and that is part of the reason.

Comment

• I hate this Nuggets team (not because they are evil or bad people) because they have the assets to give higher ranked teams fits. They beat us 2-0 last year. I hope we can let Murray know his home-coming is going to get spoiled

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                          He had a 50.7 true shooting percentage on a night where the rest of the team combined for a 44.4 ts%. You guys realize that the opposing teams defense also has a part in how efficient the raps are right? We were facing the champs and lost by 3. I hate coming on here and always defending demar because I do agree that there are some obvious flaws to his game and he needs to pass more. But this loss was absolutely not on him. Demar turned it over three times the entire night. Lowry had two times as many turnovers and a ton of stupid foul baiting contested lay up attempts.
                          Lowry played a shitty game, but the thing with Lowry is when his shot is off, he has some modicum of self control and tries his hardest to contribute in other areas of the game. Demar doesn't do that, ever. His defense is laughable and he's in his 8th season.

Ultimately, it's not about win or loss as much as it's about playing good and sustainable basketball. Demar is still a ball hog who doesn't pass, and he still plays in that selfish way. He still takes stupid Kobe shots that rarely go in. Yea, he hit them in the first game, but that's not sustainable...at all. It's the fact that Demar uses so many possessions and still doesn't look to get other involved and just calls his own number.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            No one on raps can cover Bron. Being reactive everytime is weak. Sometimes you gotta play your strength to assert yourself to win. This game was never in question, at best maybe overtime and that is part of the reason.
                            If role player make open shots we with this game. Their was nothing wrong with the game plan on offense. It just wasnt well executed my player that were wide open.

The only thing that kept us in the game was the D. You put JV out there with Love and Lebron that chances

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                              I hate this Nuggets team (not because they are evil or bad people) because they have the assets to give higher ranked teams fits. They beat us 2-0 last year. I hope we can let Murray know his home-coming is going to get spoiled
                              Its rare that this squad faced a healthy Nuggets team in sometime. This ain't going to be easy.

Comment

• going to the game. can't wait to welcome jamal murray to the nba!

the original brow

Comment

Working...
                                X