Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    The Nuggets are my sleeper pick out West this year. I think they'll make the playoffs. This game will be a good test for Poeltl & Siakam. Handling Gallo, Nurkic, Jokic & Faried won't be easy tasks. Also, GET NORMAN POWELL'S ASS IN THE GAME.
    No chance they make the playoffs. The West is so deep. Teams like Utah and Minnesota have a better collection of young talents than Denver.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Nuggets always seem to beat the Raptors, a win here would be huge. I expect Jamal Murry to have a breakout game against us

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        The Nuggets always seem to beat the Raptors, a win here would be huge. I expect Jamal Murry to have a breakout game against us
        So far this season Murray has played a total of 25 minutes and has scored a single point.
        That's not a typo. One point.

Curious based on that body of work so far this season why you expect he is going to get an opportunity to play 25-30 minutes tomorrow and have a 20 plus point game..?

Hope the guy eventually gets a chance and plays well this year.. just not seeing it tomorrow.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Still think they are in the same tier... right now..
          They look like the same player..

DD takes 14.6 shots a game and has a FG% of 44.3 on those attempts... He gets to the line 6 times a game.
          Harden takes 14.1 shots a game and has FG% of 44.3 on those attempts.. He gets to the line about 8 times a game.

What separates the two SoCal guys is that Harden is a far better 3 pt shooter ... moving him to the top of Tier 1 and keeping DD in the lower quadrant of tier 1..
          Yeah, when you take half your shots from three, being able to hit it make sure a massive difference. Never mind that Harden actually carries a significantly higher portion of the offence than DeMar does, and at the same time generates assists at almost twice the rate DD does. They are not comparable offensive players. To say they are in the same tier is to abuse the tier system by defining tiers that broadly.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Good game thread Joey.

It's going to be interesting to see how DC plans to match up with their twin towers in Nurkic/Jokic. That's their biggest strength, and Jokic vs whoever we play at the 4 is going to be dicey. Nurkic will probably give JV fits unless JV can get him in foul trouble.

Lowry should eat up Mudiay.
            Why would Nurkic give JV fits? JV has trouble with jump shooters, and Nurkic really isn't that. Jokic is a tougher matchup for JV (and for basically anyone).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Anyone watching Suns-Warriors? Suns are sending small guys to get offensive rebs lol. And it's working!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                No chance they make the playoffs. The West is so deep. Teams like Utah and Minnesota have a better collection of young talents than Denver.
                I honestly feel Denver has a better collection of talent as a whole than Minny & easily have the scarier bench.

That's something no-one is realizing. Denver's bench unit actually has some lethal guys on it. Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried, Gary Harris..... need I go on?

Denver is essentially in the same situation Portland was last year. Lots of young talent, a formidable bench & a chance to shock people. Sure, Wiggins & KAT look like All-Stars. But what else is on that team? Lavine, Dieng.... and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, when you take half your shots from three, being able to hit it make sure a massive difference. Never mind that Harden actually carries a significantly higher portion of the offence than DeMar does, and at the same time generates assists at almost twice the rate DD does. They are not comparable offensive players. To say they are in the same tier is to abuse the tier system by defining tiers that broadly.
                  The tiering view is as broad as you want to make it..If you add to many defined parameters you don't get a tier you get a ranking system.Harden and Westbrook are in the top part of the tier for high usage high scoring shooting guards. Demar is thought of league wide as a good high usage high scoring SG and would fit in that tier. Most if not all think he wouldn't be viewed in the highest quadrant of the tier.

Hope you don't want to take a run at telling me how and what my opinions need to conform to. It's just a sports related discussion.

Since I used the tier as my example I am OK with it and don't think I am abusing my own thoughts.

If your not and prefer a numerical ranking crunched out of a relational db that's ok too...

I think DD is about 4 or 5. Be interested in where you think he ranks ..gut feel or statistically
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Oct 30, 2016, 09:17 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Tfc 2-0!!!!!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Why would Nurkic give JV fits? JV has trouble with jump shooters, and Nurkic really isn't that. Jokic is a tougher matchup for JV (and for basically anyone).
                      On offense. Nurkic is a stellar low-post defender.

Comment

The tiering view is as broad as you want to make it..If you add to many defined parameters you don't get a tier you get a ranking system.Harden and Westbrook are in the top part of the tier for high usage high scoring shooting guards. Demar is thought of league wide as a good high usage high scoring SG and would fit in that tier. Most if not all think he wouldn't be viewed in the highest quadrant of the tier.

Hope you don't want to take a run at telling me how and what my opinions need to conform to. It's just a sports related discussion.

Since I used the tier as my example I am OK with it and don't think I am abusing my own thoughts.

If your not and prefer a numerical ranking crunched out of a relational db that's ok too...

I think DD is about 4 or 5. Be interested in where you think he ranks ..gut feel or statistically
                        But even using your criteria, which I assume you mean high scoring, high usage PGs & SGs since you mentioned Westbrook.....

1st tier = Curry, Westbrook & Harden

2nd tier = DeMar, I. Thomas, Kyrie & Lillard

If you lower the USG a little bit, then you could possibly add CP3 to Tier 1 and Lowry would be like Tier 1.5, and more guys like Klay to Tier 2. It's really hard to convince myself that DeMar is in the Westbrook, Curry, Harden class.......yet. Hope you're right, though.

Comment

If your intention was the say they are in the same tier, and therein to make tiers essentially meaningless, that's your prerogative. I was just pointing out, as is my prerogative, that in my opinion that's what you were doing.

I completely agree that DeRozan is a good high usage guard. Harden, however, would not be described by anyone that way. He is a game changing, defence shattering force of nature who can score on anybody. To lump that in with "good" is a little... generous, no?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

JV gets like 3 post touches a game, I doubt it impacts the game much.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And... any evidence of that? He only defended 39 post ups last season, and gave up 1.08 PPP, second worst on the Nuggets behind only Mudiay.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                But even using your criteria, which I assume you mean high scoring, high usage PGs & SGs since you mentioned Westbrook.....

1st tier = Curry, Westbrook & Harden

2nd tier = DeMar, I. Thomas, Kyrie & Lillard

If you lower the USG a little bit, then you could possibly add CP3 to Tier 1 and Lowry would be like Tier 1.5, and more guys like Klay to Tier 2. It's really hard to convince myself that DeMar is in the Westbrook, Curry, Harden class.......yet. Hope you're right, though.
                                The committee of one (me) very arbitrarily used 5 guys in the tier. Why 5 and not 10 or 7.. dunno. Just like round numbers and 5 was it.

I have Westbrooke in the SG's as thats what I think he is. Me being me. Others take the view he is a PG and thats OK but to me he plays more of the SG role.

So my top tier of SG's is made up of :
                                Harden ... Westy... Thompson..Butler...and DD.

With DD being at the lower end of the tier.

The Next Tier ..

Beal.. McCollum.. Reddick... Bradley .. Middleton... maybe .. maybe the ghost of Dwayne Wade subbed in for Reddick...

EDIT... I swore I would never get into the DD valuation religious wars and threads so I am stopping here.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Oct 30, 2016, 10:17 PM. Reason: edit on DD valuation
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X