No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We'll see Drake sometime soon, unless the OVO jersey was a 1-year thing.

Terrible game, but glad we won.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
      Played well. Felt he should have taken even more shots in the fourth while they were stalling.
      I think he stopped shooting as much after he twisted his ankle on that play when he was down for a bit

Comment

• Raptors need to make some damn 3s. You can't keep winning games like this
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
          I think he stopped shooting as much after he twisted his ankle on that play when he was down for a bit
          Good call.

I noticed he went to high tops and seemed tentative after that ankle tweak.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Nurkic is a beast though. 13pts 18rebs 5blks
            he played great. but our guards also threw up garbage into his hands several times. gameplan was piss-poor.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              he played great. but our guards also threw up garbage into his hands several times. gameplan was piss-poor.
              Yup. They didn't approach him correctly on drives to the hoop.
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Jameer Nelson stole Lowrys three point skills tonight

Comment

• Woof. Rough second half. Raps showed they were the better team, then bought into their own hype and let off the gas. Effort was lacking for most of the 2nd half. Nice to see Lowry step up and have a good game (mostly on the strength of a good 4th Q). DeRozan continues his very good play - he's been a stabilizing force for the Raps in the first few games, which is a nice improvement from last year, where he'd score but might not really calm things down. JV rock solid again, underused again. Tough game on the boards, but still ended up close to a double double. They used him early but forgot him in the 2nd half, though at least he was well used as a screener in the 4th when they closed things out.

Not really a lot to take from this one. Everyone was pretty good early, pretty bad for most of the second half, and very good down the stretch. I thought Poeltl played too much, though he did well when he was out there. Nice to see a lot of PP-JV. Interesting closing the game with Pat out there instead of CoJo.

Meh. I'll take the win.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Thank god we won. I was not a happy camper for the first half of the 4th.

Demar is playing great basketball. I know its extremely early in the year, but I might have to bump him up from my "fringe all star" label to "premier scorer". He reminds me of prime dwane wade the way he's slicing dicing and not missing in the paint.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• WTF Patterson had 5 blocks
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Thank god we won. I was not a happy camper for the first half of the 4th.

Demar is playing great basketball. I know its extremely early in the year, but I might have to bump him up from my "fringe all star" label to "premier scorer". He reminds me of prime dwane wade the way he's slicing dicing and not missing in the paint.
                        It does look like he improved his strength and ability to finish through contact.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                          WTF Patterson had 5 blocks
                          Career high!

Patkembe Patumbo

Comment

• This was a game that, despite the fact that it started to slip away I had full confidence that we would pull through. We're just a better team, better discipline, etc. The poise is there.. proud of the result, not so proud of the relinquishing of huge lead but that happens sometimes.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• One thing I like so far this year - Casey is doing a good job of keeping DeMar and KL away from each other more often. Spread the load around. DeRozan has played 10 MPG without Lowry on the court this year, and KL has played 10 MPG without DD. That's up from about 9 and 9 last season. I'd like it pushed to more like 12 and 12 (pushing each down to about 36 MPG), but it's a step in the right direction.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X