Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    By not ready do you mean them missing open shot?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Don't be facetious. You know full well what he meant. It's difficult for other players, especially shooters, to get in rhythm when they don't know when or where their looks are coming from.

Comment

By not ready do you mean them missing open shot?

Agreed. This isn't little league. Patterson and Ross want more shots, they gotta start making shots. There's too slim a margin of error to worry about a professionals morale or readiness. Derozan and Lowry shooting and driving and keeping it themselves is 100% why we won yesterday, and without Derozan the Cavs would have whooped us. We'd be 1-2 without them shooting, 0-3 without them and JV all shooting.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I don't think Patterson wants more shots.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Agreed. This isn't little league. Patterson and Ross want more shots, they gotta start making shots. There's too slim a margin of error to worry about a professionals morale or readiness. Derozan and Lowry shooting and driving and keeping it themselves is 100% why we won yesterday, and without Derozan the Cavs would have whooped us. We'd be 1-2 without them shooting, 0-3 without them and JV all shooting.
          This whole thing is silly, because fans say this stuff, but stars don't.

Chris Webber went on a run during summer league about how when he was in the league he made a point of getting touches for his role players because he knew if he had their back, they'd have his. It's not 'unprofessional', it's human psychology. Whether playing pop warner football or in the NBA, guys give more when they get more. It is what it is, and you can either use it to your advantage, or complain that our brains work the way they do while you miss out on benefitting from it.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Justin Trudeau was at the game?

Seriously though Air Canada was a shit nickname for Vince and this is even worse for Demar. Need to come up with something better.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            Heir Canada seems right. Deebo is everything we wanted Carter to be when it comes to love for the city, work ethic, teamwork and leadership. He's already taken over as the face of the franchise in mainstream media. He will be the all-time leading scorer by years end and probably go down as the greatest Raptor of all-time.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
              Christina makes liking Demar more difficult than it needs to be
              It's only hard because you've spent most of your tenure here hating on him. Now your seeing just how wrong you were.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                This whole thing is silly, because fans say this stuff, but stars don't.

Chris Webber went on a run during summer league about how when he was in the league he made a point of getting touches for his role players because he knew if he had their back, they'd have his. It's not 'unprofessional', it's human psychology. Whether playing pop warner football or in the NBA, guys give more when they get more. It is what it is, and you can either use it to your advantage, or complain that our brains work the way they do while you miss out on benefitting from it.
                Chris Webber also played with one of the deepest teams in recent history that could have (did) beat the Lakers in the western conference finals. When you have Stojakovic, Bibby, Turkoglu, Christie, Divac...yeah you're gonna play a pass it around game.

I think we tend to overrate our role players here at RR, and just how "deep" this team actually is. Cojo is awesome in his role but can't shoot, Pat does all the little things but seems to miss all shots every November and December, Carroll hasn't been what we thought we were getting from Atlanta whatsoever, Ross is a flake who makes a couple nice plays and a few good passes every 2 weeks and we go "THERE HE IS"..I'd really like Powell to be the scoring option off the bench but Casey gon case.

Comment

It's only hard because you've spent most of your tenure here hating on him. Now your seeing just how wrong you were.

What you see as hate, many of us see as perspective. He's easy to like when he's playing like he has early in the season. If those shots stop falling and he keeps taking em at this rate, you're going to start thinking a lot of people 'hate' him, when really it's the same opinion just expressed differently.

You might be a fan of DeMar, I'm a fan of the Raptors. So when he's making em successful, I'm a fan of his, when he's detrimental to the team's success, you'll probably be calling me a hater again.

Comment

Heir Canada seems right. Deebo is everything we wanted Carter to be when it comes to love for the city, work ethic, teamwork and leadership. He's already taken over as the face of the franchise in mainstream media. He will be the all-time leading scorer by years end and probably go down as the greatest Raptor of all-time.

first bold - just not talent
                    second bold - no that's Lowry

But overall no hate, he's been really really good so far

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Chris Webber also played with one of the deepest teams in recent history that could have (did) beat the Lakers in the western conference finals. When you have Stojakovic, Bibby, Turkoglu, Christie, Divac...yeah you're gonna play a pass it around game.

I think we tend to overrate our role players here at RR, and just how "deep" this team actually is. Cojo is awesome in his role but can't shoot, Pat does all the little things but seems to miss all shots every November and December, Carroll hasn't been what we thought we were getting from Atlanta whatsoever, Ross is a flake who makes a couple nice plays and a few good passes every 2 weeks and we go "THERE HE IS"..I'd really like Powell to be the scoring option off the bench but Casey gon case.
                      It's funny. We talk about how we made the ECF despite DeMar and Kyle shooting terribly, but when we talk about the team passing more when DeMar is flowing, suddenly the team ain't as deep!

Like these aren't the same guys who got us to that ECF when DeMar and Kyle couldn't hit the ocean from a boat.

Comment

I'm not a fan of either nickname. Heir Canada doesn't really make any sense since he's current, so not an heir.

Deebo sounds like the name of an obscure Star Wars character, possibly a robot.

The nickname quality in the NBA is quite terrible since the 90s.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It's funny. We talk about how we made the ECF despite DeMar and Kyle shooting terribly, but when we talk about the team passing more when DeMar is flowing, suddenly the team ain't as deep!

Like these aren't the same guys who got us to that ECF when DeMar and Kyle couldn't hit the ocean from a boat.
                          Defense is what got us by, not role players hitting shots.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            And the key guys defensively were those role players. Reward em for having DeMar and Kyle's backs, so they'll be there again.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              That and JV going insane for a series and a half.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I like to refer to last year as the ugliest conference finals appearance I've ever seen. Harsh but true. Firstly Indy and Miami had major flaws, secondly we won on the backs of Lowry (despite his shooting) Valanciunas (not mentioned in my overrated role players) and Biyombo (gone). It was not some beautiful team effort of swing passes and 2Pat Ross and Carroll going off, despite revisionist history. It was scrapping and clawing at its finest. We were outscored by Indiana and maybe outscored Miami by 1 or 2 points, with home court in both series

Comment

Working...
                                X