Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Jokic was a steal for Denver in the 2nd round, too bad the Raptors drafted DeAndre Daniels 4 picks earlier...
    Yeah but we got the home run pick of that draft at 20.....

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      What you see as hate, many of us see as perspective. He's easy to like when he's playing like he has early in the season. If those shots stop falling and he keeps taking em at this rate, you're going to start thinking a lot of people 'hate' him, when really it's the same opinion just expressed differently.

You might be a fan of DeMar, I'm a fan of the Raptors. So when he's making em successful, I'm a fan of his, when he's detrimental to the team's success, you'll probably be calling me a hater again.
      Deebo has the most wins in Raptor history. Most of the Raptors sucess have come with in uniform. I was a Raptors fan before him will be one after him. I'm a Deebo fan because he makes the Raptors successful.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Nov 1, 2016, 05:16 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Deebo is the winniest Raptor in history. Most of the Raptors sucess have come with in uniform. I was a Raptors fan before him will be one after him. I'm a Deebo fan because he makes the Raptors successful.

Winniest Raptor in history!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Comment

• Y'all make too much of a big deal out of going to two game 7s. Celtics did the same in 08. When they won the championship. Went 7 against ATL(8th seed) and CLE. Some teams just match up better with others. Playoffs is all about matchups.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Nov 1, 2016, 05:43 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Y'all make too much of a big deal out of going to two game 7s. Celtics did the same in 08. When they won the championship. Went 7 against ATL(8th seed) and CLE. Some teams just match up better with others. Playoffs is all about matchups.

It's not going to game 7s that bothers me. It's going to game 7s against teams that we didn't need to, in series where we massively underperformed.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

It's not going to game 7s that bothers me. It's going to game 7s against teams that we didn't need to, in series where we massively underperformed.
              The 2 Playoff series where the "winniest" Raptor in history underperformed the most. I do agree though, the Pacers and Heat were easily beatable in 5, 6 games tops if Lowry and Derozan played even half as good as they did in the regular season.

Comment

Dont you think that people thought that 08 Celtics should of handled ATL a lot easier? It doesn't happen like that. ATL and CLE matched up well with them that's why they took them to 7 games.

People are putting too much blame on Deebo/Klow. Instead of just giving credit to Indiana and Miami.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Dont you think that people thought that 08 Celtics should of handled ATL a lot easier? It doesn't happen like that. ATL and CLE matched up well with them that's why they took them to 7 games.

People are putting too much blame on Deebo/Klow. Instead of just giving credit to Indiana and Miami.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/....0&order_by=ws

Complete list of playoff runs, in the 3pt era, where guys took 300 shots and had a eFG% under 40%. DeMar last year, that's it.

Stop trying to deflect blame off Deebo/Klow.(by the way, no one is blaming Kyle, he was fantastic outside of the bad shooting)

Comment

When two players combine to take half the team's FGA's every night and they struggle at historic rates, they deserve blame. No dancing around that. This is the type of dichotomy that I can't stand. When they play well, you want to praise them non-stop. When they play poorly, you would rather throw yourself off a cliff than admit that they were the root cause of losses. Had JV not gone Super Saiyan in the playoffs, they don't get past Indiana.
                    Last edited by Sinbad; Tue Nov 1, 2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• DeMar/Klow both choked in the playoffs, but also managed to lead us to the ECF. These guys never quit.

And shit like that.. failures, well, it happens to the best of us. Just ask LeBron.

"Lessons in life will be repeated until they are learned"

We'll have to wait and see if they learnt anything from last year's playoffs.

Comment

Or maybe it's that you don't make a big deal of anything at all.

How would you not blame them for those 2 series? Especially Demar?

You are like the anti-GLF. A metaphorical hurricane could blow through and you'd tell us all it was "just a little gust of wind"
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          A metaphorical hurricane could blow through and you'd tell us all it was "just a little gust of wind"

Comment

• We're STILL talking about what happened in the Indiana and Miami series? c'mon man. Last i checked we won both series.

Whatever.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

http://www.basketball-reference.com/....0&order_by=ws

Complete list of playoff runs, in the 3pt era, where guys took 300 shots and had a eFG% under 40%. DeMar last year, that's it.

Stop trying to deflect blame off Deebo/Klow.(by the way, no one is blaming Kyle, he was fantastic outside of the bad shooting)
                              I'm not deflecting blame. They played bad. They both know that. I'm just saying the fact that the Raptors went to two game 7s against two lower seeded teams isn't anything to be a shamed of. That ATL team the big 3 played against won like 37 games I believe. They still took the world champions to 7 games.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm not deflecting blame. They played bad. They both know that. I'm just saying the fact that the Raptors went to two game 7s against two lower seeded teams isn't anything to be a shamed of. That ATL team the big 3 played against won like 37 games I believe. They still took the world champions to 7 games.

You're still trying to do that thing where you tie Lowry and DeMar's playoffs together and turn them into one thing. They aren't one thing.

Lowry shot badly, DeMar played badly. If you're going to keep talking about the playoffs, it's important that you understand that distinction.

Comment

Working...
                                X