Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Yeah but we got the home run pick of that draft at 20.....

You mean we could have had Hood or Capela and Jokic???!! (cries in the corner) damn one of Masai's biggest draft blunders.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      You're still trying to do that thing where you tie Lowry and DeMar's playoffs together and turn them into one thing. They aren't one thing.

Lowry shot badly, DeMar played badly. If you're going to keep talking about the playoffs, it's important that you understand that distinction.
      I can talk about the playoffs all I want. To Lowry standard he played bad. To DeMar's standard he played bad too. They both didn't look like the all-stars they showed during the season.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Nov 1, 2016, 07:34 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        You're still trying to do that thing where you tie Lowry and DeMar's playoffs together and turn them into one thing. They aren't one thing.

Lowry shot badly, DeMar played badly. If you're going to keep talking about the playoffs, it's important that you understand that distinction.
        Lowry was pretty shit throughout. However you want to paint it. Lol

Either way, this isn't really the thread to be talking about that. If you want to make a thread to discuss, by all means.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          You mean we could have had Hood or Capela and Jokic???!! (cries in the corner) damn one of Masai's biggest draft blunders.
          *sigh* Thinking how different it would be with Jokic and Drummond as back ups or potential starters...what depth and of course Hood would mean an extra $11M free, not to mention just a stud SG/SF that Hood is.

DEN and Utah have very promising young teams.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Lowry was pretty shit throughout. However you want to paint it. Lol

Either way, this isn't really the thread to be talking about that. If you want to make a thread to discuss, by all means.
            Lowry really wasn't.

Barolt is definitely right to say it's not fair or accurate to try and group their playoff showings together. The difference between the value of their play was huge.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Guys, if we are going to pine over other guys taken in the late first and second round, we should really be rejoicing. Masai has seemingly hit a LOT with those late picks, and most guys are terrible taken in that range and never even play much. You want to go through the entire back half of that 2014 draft? Feel free - you'll find a lot more guys that have done nothing yet (or will never do anything) than Jokic's and Capela's. Such is life late in the draft.

To take the late draft picks we've had since 2014 and come out with Powell and Siakam (and maybe Wright) is pretty great.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I agree with Barolt about not grouping Demar and Kyle's playoff performance but I agree with Dan about our system being fine even though it doesnt generate a lot of assists. The problem in the playoffs wasnt the system it was Demar not making the smart play. Hopefully he learns from it. Kyle's shooting did hurt us as well because he is truly our only consistent shooter. So when he cant buy a basket it makes it really tough. But it was definitely our defense and JV that got us through the first two rounds not our role players hitting shots or doing any spectacular. Most of our shooters didn't even shoot the ball well throughout the whole playoffs.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Guys, if we are going to pine over other guys taken in the late first and second round, we should really be rejoicing. Masai has seemingly hit a LOT with those late picks, and most guys are terrible taken in that range and never even play much. You want to go through the entire back half of that 2014 draft? Feel free - you'll find a lot more guys that have done nothing yet (or will never do anything) than Jokic's and Capela's. Such is life late in the draft.

To take the late draft picks we've had since 2014 and come out with Powell and Siakam (and maybe Wright) is pretty great.
                  No, you don't understand.

I must complain about that one time we didn't get a impact player. It's the only thing that makes me a Raptors fan!

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Lowry really wasn't.

Barolt is definitely right to say it's not fair or accurate to try and group their playoff showings together. The difference between the value of their play was huge.
                    I'm not necessarily saying you CAN group their performances, but regardless, relative to his normal output, Lowry was shit. In my opinion.
                    Last edited by Joey; Tue Nov 1, 2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Lol, Ron is insane but basically harmless
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Casey's main goal this season should be to find a way to have this Demar + Pacers series JV + god mode Lowry all show up at the same time in the playoffs this year.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Casey's main goal this season should be to find a way to have this Demar + Pacers series JV + god mode Lowry all show up at the same time in the playoffs this year.
                            I'd prefer MIA series JV (without the injury), but I can live with Pacers series JV.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Casey's main goal this season should be to find a way to have this Demar + Pacers series JV + god mode Lowry all show up at the same time in the playoffs this year.
                              The brooms are gonna come out if that happens.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                                The brooms are gonna come out if that happens.
                                Heck if literally all that happened at once over 7 games
                                we'd have a chance vs cleveland
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X