No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me guess 2pat was the best raptor in +/-?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Let me guess 2pat was the best raptor in +/-?

You kidding? This game? He was a disaster, and the stats showed it. Siakam was the best and frankly should have played more - on a night when the offence is completely dead, defence, energy and rebounding is exactly what you want (besides, say, a dominant inside scorer).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Oh well. Good effort by all involved, just couldn't hit a shot.

This is exactly the sort of game where you can explicitly see just how much JV means to this team. Not just in his own efficient scoring and offensive rebounding, both of which would be huge boons to a team that couldn't buy a bucket for long stretches, either. It's no coincidence DD "went cold" in this one. Sacramento was completely ignoring the screener and blitzing DD all night long - DD only got a couple of those nice in-space vertical jumpers all night long. Good luck trying that with JV rolling down the lane or popping to the free throw line. Never mind just getting past the screens in the first place - Poeltl tried, as did BeBe, but with foul trouble being a concern against Cousins neither could ride that line between effective screens and offensive fouls - and as such their screens were useless more often than not.

But yeah, he doesn't fit with this core. Trade him and get a defensive C. Bah. He's crucial to what this team does.

Great effort in particular by Poeltl, BeBe and Siakam filling the void. DeRozan tried, but just had no space to operate. Lowry disappointing again, though I liked his passing with BeBe and Siakam - they went away from that later and I don't know why. Everyone else was pretty rough. Carroll can't shoot to save his life. Ross was great for a stretch and then disappeared off the face of the earth. Even Powell's typical super-sub performance was pretty muted. CoJo and Pat both pretty useless.

Oh, well. On to the next.
          Dd was doubled out of pnr the entire 2nd half vs Mia. They trapped him at half court toward the end. Jv was wide open under the hoop all day. Dd never passed. He made shots and better success finishing on hassan than Dmc today. They stuck with poeltl for long stretch in the 3rd for pnr defence C's Mia.
          If anything this game underline the necessity for a vet in the front court. We were lucky bebe didn't foul out too.
          How'd cojo do today/this year Dan?
          Norm should have been subbed in the 2nd when the pace was our of control. Cojo wasnt effective.

Comment

• Youtube thumbnail on Yak's video

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Dd was doubled out of pnr the entire 2nd half vs Mia. They trapped him at half court toward the end. Jv was wide open under the hoop all day. Dd never passed. He made shots and better success finishing on hassan than Dmc today. They stuck with poeltl for long stretch in the 3rd for pnr defence C's Mia.
              If anything this game underline the necessity for a vet in the front court. We were lucky bebe didn't foul out too.
              Norm should have been subbed in the 2nd when the pace was our of control. Cojo wasnt effective.
              I would do the trade just for the fact it would give Powell more minutes. I love cory and his D but, if were going all in with Deebo the other off guard has to be able to shoot at all times.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I would do the trade just for the fact it would give Powell more minutes. I love cory and his D but, if were going all in with Deebo the other off guard has to be able to shoot at all times.

Rather norm take Dmc mins but in theory he can shoot better than cojo

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  They left Poeltl in for a while in the third and fourth against MIA and turned a 14 point lead into a 5 point lead before JV came in and settled things down.

Yes, MIA doubled DD late in the game, but the doubles were soft and late because of the concern with JV rolling on most plays. DD was able to find room to elevate for his jumper. Not so in this one - zero attention paid to any of our bigs at all, as evidenced by the open alley oops available for much of the night, and it meant neither DD nor Lowry had any breathing room at all except on broken plays.

CoJo has been struggling, but his struggles are about as unsustainable as DeRozan's hot shooting. Not going to bet the house on either continuing. The 2nd wasn't the issue, the 3rd Q is where the game fell apart. Just couldn't score.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

They left Poeltl in for a while in the third and fourth against MIA and turned a 14 point lead into a 5 point lead before JV came in and settled things down.

Yes, MIA doubled DD late in the game, but the doubles were soft and late because of the concern with JV rolling on most plays. DD was able to find room to elevate for his jumper. Not so in this one - zero attention paid to any of our bigs at all, as evidenced by the open alley oops available for much of the night, and it meant neither DD nor Lowry had any breathing room at all except on broken plays.

CoJo has been struggling, but his struggles are about as unsustainable as DeRozan's hot shooting. Not going to bet the house on either continuing. The 2nd wasn't the issue, the 3rd Q is where the game fell apart. Just couldn't score.
                    Players were also helping off our shooters because we couldn't make a shot. A lot of things let to Deebo taking tougher shots. Not just JV not being there to set screens. Paint was packed the whole game. They did not respect our shooters at all.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Players were also helping off our shooters because we couldn't make a shot. A lot of things let to Deebo taking tougher shots. Not just JV not being there to set screens. Paint was packed the whole game. They did not respect our shooters at all.

Not just JV's absence. I'm just saying it played a huge role - the team can survive his absence with hot shooting, or the absence of hot shooting with JV's presence, but not both at once.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And jv was just as open in the 4th as bebe was today. He yelled for the ball the 3rd or 4th time

Comment

Not just JV's absence. I'm just saying it played a huge role - the team can survive his absence with hot shooting, or the absence of hot shooting with JV's presence, but not both at once.
                            Vs the kings but not a real team.

Comment

We could of one this game with just average shooting. Actually raps would be the only undefeated team right now if we could just have an average shooting from 3 so far. Instead of bad.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

We could of one this game with just average shooting. Actually raps would be the only undefeated team right now if we could just have an average shooting from 3 so far. Instead of bad.

Agreed! We also could have won the game with our starting C and without average shooting, as evidenced by the 3 wins we got with our starting C and without average shooting. Absolutely need better shooting if this team is going to operate at its peak.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X