No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Wolstat is reporting that carroll is unlikely to go again today..so more stormin norman!!

While this makes me happy, it's strange that we haven't heard a single thing about why carroll is out for now 4 days..
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      The last Raptor with at least 10 rebounds and five blocked shots while coming off the bench was Andrea Bargnani on Dec. 17, 2006 when he recorded 10 rebounds and six blocks.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Ryan Wolstat is reporting that carroll is unlikely to go again today..so more stormin norman!!

While this makes me happy, it's strange that we haven't heard a single thing about why carroll is out for now 4 days..
        Wolstat is guessing, for the record. Might well be guessing correctly, but he's guessing. Casey made no comment on whether Carroll would go tonight, and in fact explained away him not participating in shootaround by saying Carroll has been skipping shootarounds most of the season just to manage his workload. Not sure if I buy that, but Casey didn't suggest that Carroll wouldn't play tonight.

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd rather Carroll plays tomorrow instead of tonight. He can't guard LeBron at all but I think he would do a solid job on Durant.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Wolstat is guessing, for the record. Might well be guessing correctly, but he's guessing. Casey made no comment on whether Carroll would go tonight, and in fact explained away him not participating in shootaround by saying Carroll has been skipping shootarounds most of the season just to manage his workload. Not sure if I buy that, but Casey didn't suggest that Carroll wouldn't play tonight.

Just armchair coaching here, but I think the last thing Carroll needs is LESS practice for his usage...

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              I'd rather Carroll plays tomorrow instead of tonight. He can't guard LeBron at all but I think he would do a solid job on Durant.
              Yeah agreed, he's needed more tomorrow to match their death lineup. We have one of our own:

2Pat-Carroll(when he's good)-Derozan-Powell/Ross-Lowry

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Yeah agreed, he's needed more tomorrow to match their death lineup. We have one of our own:

2Pat-Carroll(when he's good)-Derozan-Powell/Ross-Lowry
                Honestly, if it were me, I'd be throwing one of these games as a schedule loss. Sit Lowry, DeMar, Carroll and JV for either tonight (ideally, as it is a road game) or tomorrow (ideally, as it is a back to back and likely a loss anyway). Tough call.

I think if the team tries to win both games, they have a better shot tonight being fresh, and might as well throw everything they have at the Cavs. Plus, the Warriors really don't have huge strong forwards, so the non-Carroll Raps are better able to match up with them.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey, lead us to the promised land!

Comment

Honestly, if it were me, I'd be throwing one of these games as a schedule loss. Sit Lowry, DeMar, Carroll and JV for either tonight (ideally, as it is a road game) or tomorrow (ideally, as it is a back to back and likely a loss anyway). Tough call.

I think if the team tries to win both games, they have a better shot tonight being fresh, and might as well throw everything they have at the Cavs. Plus, the Warriors really don't have huge strong forwards, so the non-Carroll Raps are better able to match up with them.
                    Tomorrow's Drake Night so there's no way the Raptors will rest anyone for that. We just gotta hope Drake goes out and gets everyone on the Warriors really drunk tonight.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      Tomorrow's Drake Night so there's no way the Raptors will rest anyone for that. We just gotta hope Drake goes out and gets everyone on the Warriors really drunk tonight.
                      I would've guessed that we don't have any association with Drake anymore. He's been MIA lately.

And they're not doing the OVO jerseys, right?

Comment

• someone PLEASEEEEE find me a mobile link

Im in class till 7:30

Really dont want to miss the game

Thanks <33333333
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

This is one of the first times I categorize a DanH post as "strongly disagree". Both of these teams are beatable. Not 2-0 beatable, but as one of the 4 or 5 best teams in the league we should definitely be aiming for a split. 2 losses just reinforce in the teams brain that we're "not good enough". And if you throw tonight, you put too much on a win tomorrow. Conversely, if you lose tonight, I don't think they'd be in a mood to throw tomorrow. Further, if you won tonight, you have an outside shot at 2-0 and would do wonders for early season confidence that we have a punchers chance at a finals appearance.

We have enough guys to stagger minutes between games, nobody should be playing 38 min either night. But I say if you wanna sit any guys you should do it vs the phillys and Brooklyns. I want this organization to feel at the point it can beat anyone on any given night. We the north, ain't we?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I would've guessed that we don't have any association with Drake anymore. He's been MIA lately.

And they're not doing the OVO jerseys, right?
                            He'll be around in the playoffs. He's not semi retired like spike Lee and jack nicholson, he's got shit to do.

Comment

• Don't think DeRozan will score 30 tonight. I think the Cavs will put LeBron on DeMar all night.

Raps need Lowry and JV to step up. And they need guys like Patterson and Joseph, Ross and Powell to make shots.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Don't think DeRozan will score 30 tonight. I think the Cavs will put LeBron on DeMar all night.

Raps need Lowry and JV to step up. And they need guys like Patterson and Joseph, Ross and Powell to make shots.
                                If LeBron ends up on DeMar look for the refs to not call any fouls
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X