Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Next week obama: lithuanian or American, we're all cheering for jonas valan..hotsauce? Who seems to be getting ignored each year
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        That was a problem last year with DeRozan, especially in the playoffs. Not necessarily looking off Jonas, but deciding what he's doing to do with the ball before the defense reacts. And the final 15 minutes last night showed more of the same. Head down, tunnel vision, driving into set defenders.
        Yes exactly this. That corner 3 he shot right after Frye hit the three (I believe) to go up 2 perfectly shows that. Jefferson completely overplayed DeMar's right side fearing a drive to the middle. That gave him a pretty WIDE open baseline.

But nope. Because he wasn't getting any calls, he already made up his mind he was shooting the J.

Bad, bad tendency of his when he's frustrated.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          They went to JV twice between roughly 7:00 and 3:00 of the 4th...guess what happened?
          -Post up, foul on Lebron, makes 2 of 2
          -12 foot jumper, makes.

That's it. After the 2nd one, my GF who casually watches with me but knows next to nothing, said to me "why don't they give it to big JV more? He always makes it in he's so good!" My soul cried a little.
          Literally that's what she said

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            Is that a question or were you there too? lol

Comment

She also said "that lewro guy on your raps fan board is really onto something, nerlens Noel needs to be acquired now."

Or did she...we'll never know...

Comment

Side note I was going to post yesterday but forgot to. If anybody recorded the game they could confirm what I saw.

Around the 10:30 mark of the 3rd quarter last night, JV was WIDE open under the basket and looked away by Demar again. The ball swung around the perimeter, and you could see JV do a shrug and sigh. Eventually Powell drew a foul and went to the line. With the play whistled dead, JV looked at Kyle and put his arms up like "fuck man I'm open". During the free throws, Kyle walked over and said something to Demar (I took it to be something along the lines of "JVs choked you looked him off again". Then between free throws, he walked to JV and said something(I took it be something along the lines of "stay up big fella we'll keep trying".

I rewound and showed my girlfriend the whole sequence and she went "you're right that's exactly what happened"

Few takeaways:
                -JV frustration is definitely mounting
                -Kyle is clearly the leader, moderator, go between (we which we probably already knew)
                (jumping to conclusions on this point)-Demar does not consider JV a scorer on this team, he's the man and Kyle is the 2nd man, JV just needs to set screens for him.
                -Demar is also terrible at looking inside in general (this point we defintely already knew)
                I feel for JV. He gives the usual song and dance to the media about being a team player, not caring about touches, just wanting to win, yet he's still an afterthought. I think he bought into Masai saying all summer that he would have a larger role in the offense. Hasn't happened. Instead, its like you say; set the screen and get out of the way.

Comment

She also said "that lewro guy on your raps fan board is really onto something, nerlens Noel needs to be acquired now."

Or did she...we'll never know...
                  "That's what she said" is a common joke. It's not personal. Sorry if you were offended.
                  Happy to hear your trade proposals? Any thoughts?

Comment

"That's what she said" is a common joke. It's not personal. Sorry if you were offended.
                    Happy to hear your trade proposals? Any thoughts?
                    lol I know I was just joking right back, I understood.

I don't offend easily unlike most millenials

Comment

lol I know I was just joking right back, I understood.

I don't offend easily unlike most millenials
                      What do you mean, most millennials? Ugh, I'm so offended.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        It's a shame the game ended like that, because like the first or second play of the game was a nice pass inside to JV that set the tone for the great start to the game the team had (a rarity of late with our starting lineup issues).
                        I'm giving DD the benefit of the doubt about last night's game because he's been absolutely on fire and he deserves some more leeway than usual. Now, it will be interesting tonight, coming off a bad shooting game, whether he responds by doubling down if he's not on fire again or if he recalibrates. That's the last change from DD I really want to see. Can he change gears if it's not going well.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          I'm giving DD the benefit of the doubt about last night's game because he's been absolutely on fire and he deserves some more leeway than usual. Now, it will be interesting tonight, coming off a bad shooting game, whether he responds by doubling down if he's not on fire again or if he recalibrates. That's the last change from DD I really want to see. Can he change gears if it's not going well.
                          I reiterate last nights Demar post game quote
                          That's how I look at it, that's how I grew up watching basketball and watching some of my favourite players. Allen Iverson was one of my favourite players, he'd be in a game 11-for-35 but he won the game.
                          He's full Kobe now. Forget "distribution Demar" he'll never exist.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Bad, bad tendency of his when he's frustrated.
                            Yup, he was definitely frustrated. I mean, I won't blame him for feeling that way. Too many non-calls where there was obvious contact.

But DeRozan has to adjust. Driving into 4 opponents in an attempt to "force" contact, is not the way to earn calls.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Yup, he was definitely frustrated. I mean, I won't blame him for feeling that way. Too many non-calls where there was obvious contact.

But DeRozan has to adjust. Driving into 4 opponents in an attempt to "force" contact, is not the way to earn calls.
                              Said most of us since like 2011

Comment

That's how I look at it, that's how I grew up watching basketball and watching some of my favourite players. Allen Iverson was one of my favourite players, he'd be in a game 11-for-35 but he won the game.
                                Ugh. It's a pity that nobody challenged him on this; Iverson had to take those shots because he was often surrounded with a mediocre roster-- Tyrone Hill, Eric Snow, and Matt Geiger immediately come to mind. Last I checked, the Raptors aren't devoid of depth. DeMar should know better than this by now. My fear is that when he inevitably cools off, that he'll keep launching 25+ shots a night because "those are shots he can make".
                                Last edited by Sinbad; Wed Nov 16, 2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X