Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Bit OT.. But what a day in the NBA. I'm on my 11th pick of the night and if Spurs continue to pound the rock in the 2nd half, I will have my 3rd perfect night of betting in 5 years. 11/11!

Fricking Spurs.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      JV did a fine job on Frye last night. He should have been given an opportunity on Green at least. Let him sag off Green and if he takes a few semi contested 3s with JV on him so be it. For this to truly work though, we would have to involve JV in the offence, which we don't like to do.
      Frye hit 5 threes the other night.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Frye hit 5 threes last night.

And how many of those 3s he made cuz of JV ?

Comment

• I think Bebe lead the team in +/- last nighg. Hasn't taken a shot in the last two games. While shooting 80 percent from the field on the season. Also only got 13 minutes. Why is no one complaining about that?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Would like to see Bebe get more minutes and more opportunity in the PnR. Love the way he is able to pass out of the roll. Always gets shooters clean looks.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think Bebe lead the team in +/- last nighg. Hasn't taken a shot in the last two games. While shooting 80 percent from the field on the season. Also only got 13 minutes. Why is no one complaining about that?

Not sure what you're suggesting here, but if you want to play Bebe for 30 minutes... Finish this sentence yourself.

I get it why Casey benches JV against a small lineup. Fair enough. But why the hell you only give yor big man only 2-3 post up opportunities against the team w/o a true big??! That's what I want to know. Our rotation.. is okay, I guess. For now. But the way we're using Jonas when he's on the floor is fucking mind-blowing and well, STUPID.

Comment

• Like what I saw from Siakam. This is 2pat's last year as a raptor. Can't wait for Sully to get back so he can take some of 2pat's minutes away.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Nov 17, 2016, 09:47 AM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Not sure what you're suggesting here, but if you want to play Bebe for 30 minutes... Finish this sentence yourself.

I get it why Casey benches JV against a small lineup. Fair enough. But why the hell you only give yor big man only 2-3 post up opportunities against the team w/o a true big??! That's what I want to know. Our rotation.. is okay, I guess. For now. But the way we're using Jonas when he's on the floor is fucking mind-blowing and well, STUPID.
                  I think Draymond has a better chance of stoping JV than JV has a better chance of stop either one of Draymond or KD.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think Draymond has a better chance of stoping JV than JV has a better chance of stop either one of Draymond or KD.

Just stop it. I don't care about rotations. That's not my point.

Comment

Just stop it. I don't care about rotations. That's not my point.
                      This is nothing new. It's a guard orientated league and we have a guard orientated offense.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

This is nothing new. It's a guard orientated league and we have a guard orientated offense.

That's quite a stupid reason to not give him a few more post ups against a smaller player.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Lol.

You know what, i wished they kept JV in the game once the Warriors went small. Let him guard KD or Green. That would've been ALOT of fun.
                          I'd be more than fine with jv guarding green. Sag off him a little and give him semi contested looks. This gets the ball out of the have of kd, curry and klay which is exactly what you want.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            I'd be more than fine with jv guarding green. Sag off him a little and give him semi contested looks. This gets the ball out of the have of kd, curry and klay which is exactly what you want.
                            That's pretty much it. You're not really stopping the Warriors on offense. They are ranked #1 in offensive rating, which surprises nobody. So firstly, if you have to pick your poison, then you would want the ball in the hands of their "weakest" offensive player, Draymond, and turn the game into a make-or-miss affair.

More importantly, Golden State actually sucks this season on defense. Like really suck. They are ranked #22 in defensive rating. So the obvious strategy is to attack the Warriors true weakness, which is defense. Surprisingly, the Raps are #2 in offensive rating and surprisingly not that far behind GSW, so they are the best team in the NBA to exploit GSW's real weakness. To top that off, JV is typically the Raps most efficient player on offense at USG > 20 (i.e., he needs to be guarded closely by GSW). Regardless of who you replace JV with, they are going to be less efficient or less of an offensive threat, by far.

Putting that all together, a very reasonable and logical strategy would have been to take your chances making Draymond try to beat you on defense, and have JV try to beat Draymond on offense.

Comment

We should ignore an obvious strategic advantage because the NBA has Westbrook, Curry and Lillard showcased in their downloadable posters?

Comment

• davywilly wrote: View Post
                                This forum has changed with this Tapatalk app, but good to be back. I will start by saying I am still not on Casey' bandwagon and like I said at the close of last season, if this team wants to get to the next level we need a better coach. Yes I have heard all the arguments for keeping Casey around but MARK MY WORDS, Casey cannot lead us to the promised land( like Moses couldn't lead Israel to the promised land) . My next beef is with Masai, this team needs a stretch something ( 3 or 4) this team can't shoot to save its life. It got so bad Denver decided to play us a zone. How did cleavland get Fry? For crying out loud please get a shooter for this team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                What was your old screen name? SirChillyWillyMost?

Comment

Working...
                                X