No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What i've learned from this thread. Some people here still thinks JV is some elite big man. They act like he's Hakeem Olajuwon lol but the reality is he's more of a cross between Rik Smits and Robin Lopez.

Rik Smits btw was a former all star so that's not a slight on JV.

As for putting JV against small ball lineup. Y'all saw what happened the other night against Frye and the Cavs. He'd get destroyed against the Warriors small ball lineup. If we didn't have JV late in the against tbe Cavs we would've won that game.

I'm done with this thread anyhow. It's just hilarious, putting JV in against the Warriors small lineup is common sense? ugh.....
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      ha, this same criticism has been levelled against people who complain about JV's usage and minutes.

Full circle.

Anyways, if you think Derozan is going to sustain his production I'm betting you're in for a nasty surprise. But I won't be surprised if he maintains a 35% USG rate. That's where I see potential huge problems.
      I don't think that he can sustain his production. There's no way that he can. And I agree that his USG% won't come down unless Lowry picks up the slack. The your-turn my-turn offense isn't going anywhere, especially if opposing teams keep enticing the Raptors to play smallball.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        What i've learned from this thread. Some people here still thinks JV is some elite big man. They act like he's Hakeem Olajuwon lol but the reality is he's more of a cross between Rik Smits and Robin Lopez.

Rik Smits btw was a former all star so that's not a slight on JV.

As for putting JV against small ball lineup. Y'all saw what happened the other night against Frye and the Cavs. He'd get destroyed against the Warriors small ball lineup. If we didn't have JV late in the against tbe Cavs we would've won that game.

I'm done with this thread anyhow. It's just hilarious, putting JV in against the Warriors small lineup is common sense? ugh.....
        Wait, what happened against the Cavs with JV on the floor with Frye?

JV played 8.5 minutes while on the floor with Frye. JV scored 6 points on 3 shots with 4 rebounds and no turnovers. Frye scored 6 points on 2 shots with one assist and one block. The Raptors were +5 in those 8 minutes. Ooh, colour me terrified of JV playing at the same time as Frye. How ever will the Raptors survive outscoring their opponents by 28 points per 48 minutes?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The good news is that we've versed the two NBA Finals 3 times in the first 12 games, so we only have to vs them another 3 times in the last 70 games.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

JV played 8.5 minutes while on the floor with Frye. JV scored 6 points on 3 shots with 4 rebounds and no turnovers. Frye scored 6 points on 2 shots with one assist and one block. The Raptors were +5 in those 8 minutes. Ooh, colour me terrified of JV playing at the same time as Frye. How ever will the Raptors survive outscoring their opponents by 28 points per 48 minutes?
            It's not about JV's offense man it's about his defense and you know it.

Frye scored 6 points on 2 shots, 2 threes. DAGGER shots. JV was too slow to react.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Meanwhile!

Frye played 20 minutes that game - 8.5 opposite JV and 11.5 with JV on the bench.

In the 8.5 versus JV, he posted 6 points and a -5, as noted above.

In the 11.5 with JV sitting, he posted 15 points on 8 shots and a -4.

If only, if only, we didn't have JV out there so much.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                It's not about JV's offense man it's about his defense and you know it.

Frye scored 6 points on 2 shots, 2 threes. DAGGER shots. JV was too slow to react.
                Once, JV was too slow to react. Once was on a switch (that JV handled very well, covering LeBron well) and Lowry fell asleep leaving Frye wide open.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Once, JV was too slow to react. Once was on a switch (that JV handled very well, covering LeBron well) and Lowry fell asleep leaving Frye wide open.
                  Ah, the play where Lowry gambled for the steal, then fell down trying to recover, gifting Frye an open look. Somehow, the broadcasters made that out to be JV's fault.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Thanks for sharing. If Casey is dumb for how he game plans against GSW than what are the rest of the coaches?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Thanks for sharing. If Casey is dumb for how he game plans against GSW than what are the rest of the coaches?

Have you EVER disagreed with a Casey move, or EVER criticized Derozan?

Just curious because maybe your credibility takes a hit when you don't ever see the other side of the fence
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        How did matching up small working out? We didnt mitigate any issues, and lost what the big man brings. We played into their hands and they killed us.

So yeah, team common sense because NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE IS GOING TO BEAT THAT LINEUP MATCHING UP SMALL. It's common sense to avoid the strategy that will guarantee you lose.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        JV isn't going to either.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Miami in 2013 was also an excellent small ball team. Arguably just as lethal as the Warriors with a Prime LeBron James playing PF alongside Chris Bosh at C. They didn't win 27 straight games for no reason.

First two rounds of the playoffs: they lose only 1 game by single digits.. winning the rest by an average of 12.

And then the Pacers take 3 games from them, with the point differential of the series being just 3 points. Just the year before, the Heat capped off the series against the Pacers by winning 3 straight by 18 points a game. What happened??

Roy Hibbert. Yes, the same slow-footed Hibbert that is currently backing up Cody Zeller. The same Roy Hibbert that never crossed 50% shooting in a single season in his enitre career. This Hibbert averaged 22 points, 10 rebounds and 55% shooting in 7 games against the championship Heat. Do you know who else has posted numbers like that in a 7 game series in the conference finals?
                          Hakeem, Duncan, Howard. That's it.
                          (In other series: Bird, Barkley, Shaq, Brand. Again: that's it.)

He didn't need any "Secret Stuff" to do it. All he needed was the damn basketball in the post against the smaller opponents he was facing.

What's the moral of the story here? When you have a mismatch, fucking use it. Trust your defensive schemes to stop the opponents; not any 1 defensive player. Team defense is a COLLECTIVE EFFORT. Which is why a prime Garnett always managed to be on crappy defensive teams despite his own individual excellence.

/mini rant

Comment

Meanwhile!

Frye played 20 minutes that game - 8.5 opposite JV and 11.5 with JV on the bench.

In the 8.5 versus JV, he posted 6 points and a -5, as noted above.

In the 11.5 with JV sitting, he posted 15 points on 8 shots and a -4.

If only, if only, we didn't have JV out there so much.
                            Yes, JV was a-4 and Bebe was +5.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Have you EVER disagreed with a Casey move, or EVER criticized Derozan?

Just curious because maybe your credibility takes a hit when you don't ever see the other side of the fence
                              So changing the topic is your best argument to that I see.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Oh how quickly some people make this about JV vs. DD.

Sorry, we're not taking the bait..... It's about JV, his actual defensive abilities and #matchups. Blame the coach, his teammates and the weather if you want. #excuses

Comment

Working...
                                X