Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Coach Casey is a defensive minded coach. I'm surprised that people don't understand this by now. We're not going to outgun the Cavs or the Warriors anyways......That's not our identity...That's not how they want to play.
    I think most people do understand Casey, and how it was his defensive-minded substitution that actually led to the team playing into the opponent's hands, which is the very source of anti-Casey frustration.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I think most people do understand Casey, and how it was his defensive-minded substitution that actually led to the team playing into the opponent's hands, which is the very source of anti-Casey frustration.
      He's a defensive minded coach that has a blindspot for how poor every perimeter defender not named Norman Powell has been. It's been obvious for years that he doesn't mind the guards being blown by or torched defensively, but suddenly becomes a hardass if the bigs get burned. He's not even subtle about it.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Basically the anti-Casey / fire-Casey people will beat the same drums over and over. Until their hands are bloody and our ears are deaf. Then complain when people don't hear them anymore....

Comment

Basically the anti-Casey / fire-Casey people will beat the same drums over and over. Until their hands are bloody and our ears are deaf. Then complain when people don't hear them anymore....
          There's no anti casey group vs another group really. It's a forum of people playing armchair gm and coach, trying to tinker because you can always improve, and then like 3 people just repeating the company line ad nauseum
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Coach Casey is a defensive minded coach. I'm surprised that people don't understand this by now. We're not going to outgun the Cavs or the Warriors anyways......That's not our identity...That's not how they want to play.
            I think Casey wants to be a defensive coach and talks like a defensive coach, but his effectiveness as a defensive coach is debatable. That's a bit of the issue here. Nobody would have a problem if the so-called "defensive" substitutions actually made a difference.

Watching the game, at no point after halfway through the 2nd quarter did I ever feel like the Raps actually had a chance to win. The faux "get back in the game" run was fairly predictable, as were the responses by GSW to quell any thought of a Raptor uprising. Kind of like watching Usain Bolt toy with the field. Whatever the purpose of the defensive substitution we threw at them didn't really matter. The only time it felt like the Warriors were somewhat uncomfortable was the beginning of the game, IMO.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              There's no anti casey group vs another group really. It's a forum of people playing armchair gm and coach, trying to tinker because you can always improve, and then like 3 people just repeating the company line ad nauseum
              There you go again....assuming everyone agrees with you.

You're not tinkering with anything.....you're complaining about the usage of your favourite player. You're literally typing sad right now and i'm starting to feel sorry for you. I really wish you picked someone else to be your favourite player.....You'd be much happier right now.

When you step back from the ledge, you realize that we're 7-4 with 3 losses against 2 teams who happened to play in the NBA Finals last year. So sad.....

Comment

Have you read any of my posts in this thread? I'd be curious to hear an objective response about the content of the posts, as opposed to the theme or source of them.

You're absolutely right that it's essentially a lost cause, in that Casey isn't likely to pop in here and read such posts, then have a eureka moment and suddenly change his coaching philosophy. However, that doesn't mean that frustration isn't warranted, or that suggestions from those frustrated aren't actually legitimately viable alternatives. Unless, of course, you prescribe to the notion that fans can't possibly suggest a strategy that would be comparable to what an actual NBA coach is implementing, in which case carry on.

Comment

There you go again....assuming everyone agrees with you.

You're not tinkering with anything.....you're complaining about the usage of your favourite player. You're literally typing sad right now and i'm starting to feel sorry for you. I really wish you picked someone else to be your favourite player.....You'd be much happier right now.

When you step back from the ledge, you realize that we're 7-4 with 3 losses against 2 teams who happened to play in the NBA Finals last year. So sad.....
                  I don't have a favorite player, but if I had to pick one it'd be Lowry for his hustle. I'm 30. My last favorite player was Vince Carter when I was in junior high school. I just enjoy efficient basketball
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Oh how quickly some people make this about JV vs. DD.

Sorry, we're not taking the bait..... It's about JV, his actual defensive abilities and #matchups. Blame the coach, his teammates and the weather if you want. #excuses
                    You're right. This is about JV, Casey and the Warriors "Death Lineup" aka small lineup.

I don't know why people keep bringing up DD who you know was the Raps best player last night. But whatever.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      My oh my, you'd think it was Hillary vs Trump in this thread, Geezus. We are a divided bunch!! We need to do some healing.
                      Make the Raptors Republic great again lol
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Yes, JV was a-4 and Bebe was +5.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        Not with Frye on the court. With Frye out there, JV was a +5.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          You're right. This is about JV, Casey and the Warriors "Death Lineup" aka small lineup.

I don't know why people keep bringing up DD who you know was the Raps best player last night. But whatever.
                          Lol for real though. We always bring up DD when we talk about JV or Casey.

Comment

• Boys .. we need em all....

DD.. Kyle... JV... Bebe.. Ppat... Ross... Powell.. Carroll... Cojo... Siakam... Poeltl .. the promise of Sullinger ...

Bruno and Van Vleet .. well maybe not Bruno or Fred...

Its an 82 game season and we need all those guys to get to the playoffs and do some damage...

On to Denver..
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Boys .. we need em all....

DD.. Kyle... JV... Bebe.. Ppat... Ross... Powell.. Carroll... Cojo... Siakam... Poeltl .. the promise of Sullinger ...

Bruno and Van Vleet .. well maybe not Bruno or Fred...

Its an 82 game season and we need all those guys to get to the playoffs and do some damage...

On to Denver..
                              NBA scheduler hates us. I mean, NBA 15/16 FINALISTS for b2b and now a trip to Denver? Come on now.

Ok, i'M DONE COMPLAINING.

"Make the Raptors Republic great again" - TRex

Comment

• I'll make a game thread tomorrow if no one else does. I'll make RR great again. I got us.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X