Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consmap wrote: View Post
    I'll make a game thread tomorrow if no one else does. I'll make RR great again. I got us.
    Will you build a wall?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Will you build a Firewall?
      Fixed that ... Haha

After all, gotta keep all those criminal viruses and hackers out. The internet doesn't send it's good ones.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        NBA scheduler hates us. I mean, NBA 15/16 FINALISTS for b2b and now a trip to Denver? Come on now.

Ok, i'M DONE COMPLAINING.

"Make the Raptors Republic great again" - TRex
        Trip to DEN then a back to back with the Kings and Clippers, all on the road. This is a more brutal version of the west coast road trip we are used to.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Trip to DEN then a back to back with the Kings and Clippers, all on the road. This is a more brutal version of the west coast road trip we are used to.
          I don't even look further. Cavs, Warriors b2b + Denver in Denver is too much already.

Comment

Lol for real though. We always bring up DD when we talk about JV or Casey.
            This is so annoying.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              This is so annoying.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              So ironic that u post that
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                My oh my, you'd think it was Hillary vs Trump in this thread, Geezus. We are a divided bunch!! We need to do some healing.
                a house divided against itself cannot stand ... honest Abe

Comment

• Okay I'll try to be as objective as I can here:

Going forward, should we use JV in small ball situations? Probably not, the offense is very efficient with or without him and the defense would suffer considerably.

Is it a little ridiculous that JV never got another shot after going 6/6 in the first quarter? Absolutely
                  Is it all on DeRozan, Casey and the play-calling? It is definitely mostly on that, but I also think that JV doesn't always do a very good job making himself available as an option.

Did it matter last night? No, of course not. Golden State scored 127 points. The Raptors weren't winning that game.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    Okay I'll try to be as objective as I can here:

Going forward, should we use JV in small ball situations? Probably not, the offense is very efficient with or without him and the defense would suffer considerably.

Is it a little ridiculous that JV never got another shot after going 6/6 in the first quarter? Absolutely
                    Is it all on DeRozan, Casey and the play-calling? It is definitely mostly on that, but I also think that JV doesn't always do a very good job making himself available as an option.

Did it matter last night? No, of course not. Golden State scored 127 points. The Raptors weren't winning that game.
                    After watching OKC vs GS last year I'm pretty firmly back on the stay big bandwagon. You can pound small ball inside and outrebound them by a million, if you do that well enough.

JV was 4/4 in the first quarter, the Raps "problem" is they revert back to KL/DD offense for most of the game.

On the other hand yeah, defense.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I don't think it's a 1/1 comparison though because Oklahoma City had much better perimeter defenders than the Raptors. Durant and Roberson are both better than anyone the Raptors have in that role. So they can afford the slowness from their bigs if the perimeter can keep up adequately.

The Raptors don't have that luxury.
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Game #12: Toronto Raptors 113 - Denver Nuggets 111

Starting Lineups:

Raptors

PG - Kyle Lowry
                        SG - DeMar DeRozan
                        SF - DeMarre Carroll
                        PF - Pascal Siakam
                        C - Jonas Valanciunas

Nuggets

PG - Emmanuel Mudiay
                        SG - Jameer Nelson
                        SF - Danillo Gallinari
                        PF - Kenneth Faried
                        C - Jusuf Nurkic

Key Matchup:

The past few days have been tough for the Toronto Raptors. Unfortunately it won't get much easier, with the Denver Nuggets waiting for them on their home court. These Nuggets are young, energetic, and have elevation on their side; expect them to try and deplete the stamina of the Raptors by playing FAST. Like facing the Golden State Warriors, the Raptors should attempt to slow the game down and limit Denver's offense in transition. DeMar DeRozan has a clear mismatch against Jameer Nelson and should try to bully his way into the paint, since missed jump shots can lead to long rebounds and fastbreak opportunities. Danillo Gallinari and his height can cause problems on defense for the Raptors. Patrick Patterson and his mobility might help in this situation, regardless of whether his jump shot decides to appear or not. The Raptors look to end their week on a high note at high altitude!

LET'S GO RAPTORS
                        OG is our king

Comment

• Comment

• Time to start another win streak. This is a team we should beat if we are disciplined offensively and gang rebound on the defensive end.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Must win game.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hopefully Casey has a great pre game plan. Gotta grab em by the Nurkic!!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X