Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Any win in DEN is a good one, though this one pushes the limit of that rule. A terrible three quarters.

Good news is, this team seems now to be good enough to decide to win games even when everything is going poorly. Lowry and JV in particular stopped dicking around and won the game for the Raps. DD was pretty consistent throughout. Nice to see the team survive some no-KL-no-DD minutes to start the 4th by putting JV out there with shooters around him.

I'll take it. One down, four to go.
    We are only good enough to decide to win when it's a shit team. We couldn't execute down the stretch against Cleveland or golden state and it was mostly because of our horrible defense. I know they are the top dogs but they're who we have to beat moving forward.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      Spiced Rum, Vodka or Budweiser is the only way to be free when watching these dudes give us cardiac arrest. Love the sig by the way, wish I came up with that...
      Thanks. Just like Bruno is the Raptors (unofficial and fingers-crossed temporary) mascot, he's my fantasy keepers league mascot - ie. kept on my roster for purely comedic reasons. My sig is this year's team name, last year it was "WHO WANTS TO SEX CABOCLO". Next year, we'll have to see about that.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Did you guys see hollis Jefferson clank not one not two but 3 attempted dunks tonight?

The same Hollis Jefferson who had an all time college blooper falling flat on his back before leaving the ground on a breakaway dunk
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Wow I honestly thought Demar had an off night today, then I go check his stats
          30/5/4/2 onn 48% percent shooting

I feel he is going to break Vince's points average record for sure
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
            I know that stat sounds bad and certainly it's not good, but for context, 5 of those teams are in the top 12 in the league in pace.
            That may be true but by now we should be poised enough to dictate the pace. We always let other teams dictate how we play
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
              Wow I honestly thought Demar had an off night today, then I go check his stats
              30/5/4/2 onn 48% percent shooting

I feel he is going to break Vince's points average record for sure
              He moved up a tax bracket and 2 nba tier brackets this season
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Team was clearly gassed after the back to back, travel and then having to play in Denver. That's a very solid road win playing with a 1/4 tank.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  Thanks. Just like Bruno is the Raptors (unofficial and fingers-crossed temporary) mascot, he's my fantasy keepers league mascot - ie. kept on my roster for purely comedic reasons. My sig is this year's team name, last year it was "WHO WANTS TO SEX CABOCLO". Next year, we'll have to see about that.
                  You should put your name in the hat if we have any openings for RR Dynasty or RR Keeper Leagues. Always looking for experienced managers who are committed!

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Thank God he didn't say anything about cory.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Team was clearly gassed after the back to back, travel and then having to play in Denver. That's a very solid road win playing with a 1/4 tank.
                      You forgot to mention the altitude.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        dwane casey presser, once again, demonstrating that he doesn't understand the issues with his team. The defensive collapse is precipitated by playing too fast on offence. you can "execute" as well as you like in half court defence, but we're getting killed on transition because we take too many bad shots.
                        We're 20th in the league in pace. Playing too fast is not our issue.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                          We're 20th in the league in pace. Playing too fast is not our issue.
                          it was against golden state and it was for stretches last night

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            it was against golden state and it was for stretches last night
                            Especially in the worst quarter for the Raps, the 2nd. A few too many times lately the Raps are playing ball the way the opponent wants to play instead of the way they need to play. Too many 100+ points against.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I know Casey hand was forced, but I want to see more Bench + JV lineups. We cannot rely on Kyle and Demar playing 38+ minutes a game.

Comment

• Game #13: Toronto Raptors 99 - Sacramento Kings 102

Starting Lineups:

Raptors

PG - Kyle Lowry
                                SG - DeMar DeRozan
                                SF - DeMarre Carroll
                                PF - Pascal Siakam
                                C - Jonas Valanciunas

Kings

PG - Ty Lawson
                                SG - Arron Afflalo
                                SF - Rudy Gay
                                PF - DeMarcus Cousins
                                C - Kosta Koufos

Key Matchup:

Hopefully the Raptors are rested up for this game. Their last showing against Denver was anything but an easy win, going into overtime at high elevation. From the high ground of Denver the Raptors will descend into sunny Sacramento to meet the Kings. Although DeMarcus Cousins has seen time at the power forward spot, expect Jonas Valanciunas to match up with him on the court instead of Pascal Siakam. Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan can be excited to face a backcourt that will have trouble slowing them down. But the real issue here is that the Raptors haven't been slowing their opponents down. Although the past few teams they've faced are known for their high scoring, fast-paced style of play, it is a bit of a concern that Toronto has not been able to stymie their offense by any significant amount. Hopefully they improve upon this against the Kings. The men of the North charge upon the royalty of Sacramento!

LET'S GO RAPTORS
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X