No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, yeah, March 19th, 31st and April 4th against the Pacers. Games 70, 76 and 78.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Wow, yeah, March 19th, 31st and April 4th against the Pacers. Games 70, 76 and 78.
      Yea I just looked into that. That's strange... maybe they think we'll play again in playoffs and they want the to be intensity in the regular season games.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Re: pace. I'm torn on this. Raps definitely play better at a slow pace but I don't know if you can beat teams like the Lebrons, GSW and Spurs in 7 games playing like that. I feel like the pace needs to pick up to get easier shots against those teams, otherwise, it's just too hard to play that way for 48 minutes. Perhaps take a step backward early in the season to try to take two step forward later on.
        You can't which is why I said pace itself isn't the problem earlier. If you want to be able to play at a slow pace like that against those teams you need to be able to dictate the game on the defensive end of the floor, not just on offense. And we have been a below average defensive team this season. You need to be elite defensively if you want to play slow, methodical basketball against Golden State/Cleveland or you're either going to get blown off the floor or be forced to adjust to their pace of play.

Comment

• Vegas say we're 3.5 pt favs tonight. And public loves this spread... hammering like crazy. That usually means something bad about to happen.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Wow, yeah, March 19th, 31st and April 4th against the Pacers. Games 70, 76 and 78.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              People whine about Carroll and his injuries but then want Gallo?! lmao...he makes Carroll look like an Ironman.
              Not to mention Chandler who's neck and neck with Gallo in the injury-waiting-to-happen dep't.

Grass is always greener syndrome.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Vegas say we're 3.5 pt favs tonight. And public loves this spread... hammering like crazy. That usually means something bad about to happen.
                The biggest amounts I've ever won was betting on sac vs raptors games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vegas say we're 3.5 pt favs tonight. And public loves this spread... hammering like crazy. That usually means something bad about to happen.
                  In English for us punters please

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                    The Raptors certainly have preferred to play at a slow pace throughout Casey's tenure.

16-17 98.0 (21st)
                    15-16 95.3 (29th)
                    14-15 95.4 (20th)
                    13-14 94.4 (23rd)
                    12-13 92.9 (24th)
                    11-12 91.6 (28th)

I don't think they can consistently beat good teams playing at a fast pace. They're only 21st now at 98.0, but that must come down. It's out of character for them, and their defensive focus goes out the window when games speed up. While I agree that they need to get easy baskets by getting out in transition, it can't become a shootout. It's only been 12 games, but it feels like the book is out on the Raptors; push pace at every opportunity and try to run on them, and they'll revert to trying to outscore you.
                    They're 8-4 with 3 losses to the Lebrons and GSW. Not sure "the book" is out on them. If it is, only two teams appear to have purchased it.

Comment

• Here's a fun small sample size fact.

At Basketball Reference, among players with over 100 minutes this year, the 3 with the highest Box Plus/Minus are Westbrook, Paul and Harden. Who is #4, just ahead of Kemba, Lebron and Kawhi?

Lucas "Big Daddy" Nogueira.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        In English for us punters please
                        It means a lot of money is coming in on the Excremento Kings...

The line opened with Toronto being 5 pt favourites and enough money came in on Boogie and Friends that the line has moved to 3 to 3.5 points with Toronto still favoured....They want more money bet on Toronto.

The sports book dream is like house league hockey.. to have equal amounts of money being bet on both teams and they make easy clean money on the 10% fee (aka "the vig") on everything bet..
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          It means a lot of money is coming in on the Excremento Kings...

The line opened with Toronto being 5 pt favourites and enough money came in on Boogie and Friends that the line has moved to 3 to 3.5 points with Toronto still favoured....They want more money bet on Toronto.

The sports book dream is like house league hockey.. to have equal amounts of money being bet on both teams and they make easy clean money on the 10% fee (aka "the vig") on everything bet..
                          Oh I get the basics... I was more curious about the something bad happening. How would the public hammering the spread be an indicator of anything? I thought the sharps were the ones who had the inside info like if someone is going to sit.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            They're 8-4 with 3 losses to the Lebrons and GSW. Not sure "the book" is out on them. If it is, only two teams appear to have purchased it.
                            They're getting away with it now due to DeRozan's heroics. In the two games against Denver, who love pushing pace, it came down to the final possession. They gave up 100+ points in both meetings, and have done so in the past 6 straight games overall. We've been down this path before in the 14/15 season. Just because the Raptors can escape with wins while playing fast and neglecting defense in the regular season doesn't mean that it won't catch up with them down the line. If it's unacceptable in a loss, it should be unacceptable in victory too.

Comment

• There's a simple and quite profitable method to beat bookies by fading the public. People really love Toronto to beat Sac by more than 3 points tonight, and they're hammering our spread hard.(Sport insights say 77% of spread bets went on Toronto -3.5). Betting against the public is profitable.

@Demographic Shift line has opened at 3.5 not 5 points. + The public money takes a lot of time to move the line. Only professional money moves the line quickly.
                              Last edited by rocwell; Sun Nov 20, 2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Seahawks game followed by Raps/Kings. Gonna be great!
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X