Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Never! On to the Clippers, but we'll never forget how they robbed us! I hope the NBA doesn't think they can just pretend it didn't happen.....We need an official apology!
    Don't forget. I know I won't. My disappointment will turn into anger pretty soon. Probably in the playoffs.
    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Nov 21, 2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Agreed, the worst thing you can do is just take this lying down. Raptors brass needs to raise hell.
      The NBA needs to feel our rage. Masai was probably dropping f-bombs like a B-52 last night.

Comment

• I'm gonna make light of the situation and say at least it brought us all together. We've stopped talking about jv usage and Casey etc and divided into districts, we all have one common refrain: FUCK YOU NBA.

Did making the nba horrible somehow make the republic great again??
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Not sure if this was posted yet ...

Pats Twitter game is better than his bball game atm

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            Pats Twitter game is better than his bball game atm
            "Trigger fingers turn to twitter fingers"

Comment

• Another thing..

How could the nba take something so abstract and inconclusive, caused by human error by the home team staff, and reverse it, when nobody would have even noticed otherwise, not a single kings fan or coach would have raised hell..and yet

Last year carmelo stepping out of bounds, something so black and white, with our coaches screaming bloody murder in real time, sorry we don't review that you lose have a good night?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Valanciunas, first half: 11 FGA's, 6 FTA's (14 used offensive possessions), only two free throws came from his own offensive rebound (ie self-generated chances not from being involved in the offence). So 13 possessions where the team used JV as the finisher for the play in the first half (not even considering the high and low post playmaking chances they gave him early on).

Valanciunas, second half: 7 FGA's, 1 TOV (8 used possessions), FIVE of those FGA's from his own offensive rebound (ie not indicative of being an actual option in the offence). Shot 1/2 on possessions where he was actually passed the ball and took a shot.

So, JV was an option in the offence to the tune of 13 possessions in the first half.

JV was an option in the offence to the tune of 2 possessions in the second half.

Raptors scored 63 first half points.

Raptors scored 36 second half points.

Coincidence, I'm sure.
                They are just flat out committed to this being a DD/KL-dominated offence. I don't know what to say anymore.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• 1 day later and i'm still shaking my head. That was one of the worst call in NBA history.

Just to keep it short, the Kings time keeper FUCKED UP and somehow it's our fault??? Ross took the shot based on the time provided by the fucking clock.

Masai better protest this one.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      They are just flat out committed to this being a DD/KL-dominated offence. I don't know what to say anymore.
                      See, that would explain it if the first half was like the second half. But it wasn't. They show glimpses of playing the right way (attacking mismatches, using inside play to generate fouls, not forcing offence through one option that simply isn't working) which is always promising, but they seem unable to recognize that it's working and abandon it for no reason.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• In hindsight, the refs should have just waived off Ross' bucket and then let the Raps replay the possession. After getting over the shock of the review and reversal, I was 100% certain that was going to happen.

The chances of the us hitting another hail Mary 3 back-to-back were pretty slim. It would have been the same result, without the stench of incompetence fouling the air and the refs would at least walk out of there with some semblance of integrity.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          See, that would explain it if the first half was like the second half. But it wasn't. They show glimpses of playing the right way (attacking mismatches, using inside play to generate fouls, not forcing offence through one option that simply isn't working) which is always promising, but they seem unable to recognize that it's working and abandon it for no reason.
                          If you look at it from a DD/Lowry conserving energy for the stretch & winning time, it does make some sense. Kind of like the reverse version of Biz last season, who allowed DD/Lowry to rest on defense, conserving energy for offense. Making JV carry the offensive load in the first half allows DD/Lowry to rest on offense.

Unfortunately, there's no stat or measurement for how much energy a player has during the game. You can't see it on TV, other than some obvious huffing & puffing when a guy is winded. But energy levels, expenditure & conservation and player's decisions on how to play based on energy are a massive factor of the game, yet invisible to the fans.

Other than that far-fetched explanation, I got nothing for you.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Wow. The most important thing of all. Never mind "ross would have shot earlier" or "human delay on a clock" but here's what I've been saying the whole time: THE SHOT WOULD HAVE COUNTED ANYWAYS.

The nba found a simple quick deflection and a clock which really wasn't a malfunction but a natural delay, and they found their opening to muddle it up, confuse it and take it from us.

What a classic ending..to a wwe pay per view.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Wow. The most important thing of all. Never mind "ross would have shot earlier" or "human delay on a clock" but here's what I've been saying the whole time: THE SHOT WOULD HAVE COUNTED ANYWAYS.

The nba found a simple quick deflection and a clock which really wasn't a malfunction but a natural delay, and they found their opening to muddle it up, confuse it and take it from us.

What a classic ending..to a wwe pay per view.
                              And in all sports, the margin for overturning any call made on the floor should be 'conclusive'. At best, you could say it's too close to call. There's zero possibility that they can conclusively say here that the shot shouldn't have counted.

Comment

• OK, I've moved on now. Masai can take it from here. Thanks, rocwell. lol.

Lost in all of this was a nice shooting game by Carroll and Patterson.

Comment

Working...
                                X