Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      If you look at it from a DD/Lowry conserving energy for the stretch & winning time, it does make some sense. Kind of like the reverse version of Biz last season, who allowed DD/Lowry to rest on defense, conserving energy for offense. Making JV carry the offensive load in the first half allows DD/Lowry to rest on offense.

Unfortunately, there's no stat or measurement for how much energy a player has during the game. You can't see it on TV, other than some obvious huffing & puffing when a guy is winded. But energy levels, expenditure & conservation and player's decisions on how to play based on energy are a massive factor of the game, yet invisible to the fans.

Other than that far-fetched explanation, I got nothing for you.
      It makes gauging how much players have in the tank difficult, but I think players are more likely to foul, gamble, and play passing lanes when they're fatigued. Though it should be said that Lowry and DeRozan have taken resting on defense to a new level this year. They've both been poor on that end, though Lowry will at least get into a proper stance and produce bursts of intensity every so often. Still, going away from something that your opponent hasn't proved that they can stop solely to get shots up at the end of the game is baffling.

Comment

• Almost equal parts frustrated by continued underwhelming JV usage, that blown end-of-game call, and the fact that this team has already lost twice to Sacramento (!).

Positives: Ross has made huge clutch three's the last couple of games (in spite of the last one being stolen) and this is pretty similar to how the team started out last season, which turned out to be a great year anyway.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          They are just flat out committed to this being a DD/KL-dominated offence. I don't know what to say anymore.
          When the game is in crunch-time, DeRozan & Lowry are "our guys".

Lost in the chaos created by that ridiculous call by the refs, is that fact that DeRozan and Lowry (despite scoring 9 points), were absolutely atrocious in the 4th quarter. The selfishness and forced offense lost the game for the Raptors. Between dumb shots, bad passes, over-dribbling and porous defense, "our guys" were terrible.

Had the Raptors played more as a team throughout the 4th quarter, the last ditch hail mary situation would have been avoided.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            See, that would explain it if the first half was like the second half. But it wasn't. They show glimpses of playing the right way (attacking mismatches, using inside play to generate fouls, not forcing offence through one option that simply isn't working) which is always promising, but they seem unable to recognize that it's working and abandon it for no reason.
            1. I totally agree. 2. We can't say this green-light commitment to DeMar on offence isn't producing results, he is still developing every year. 3. They should be able to have their cake and eat it too, imho, re: point #2 and giving JV a more consistent role in games like this. There's enough room + shots to both be able to say "DeMar's our guy" and to have a game where JV is used for both halves the way he's so often used only in the first half (or first quarter) when it's called for by the night's match-up and JV's early hot hand.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Even the scorekeeper was in shock at the "no basket" verdict lol

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Even the scorekeeper was in shock at the "no basket" verdict lol
                Yep, saw that last night. She's like "No basket??" Then immediately looks over at the Raptors bench like 'this is not gonna end well'
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LOL Lowry and DeRozan were forcing EVERYTHING in the 4th. So many bad/lazy/dumb passes too mostly by Joseph.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

That lady was like Oh my god I dun messed up
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I was looking to see if someone had posted this as well. Indisputable evidence that beyond all the other
                      fully-justifiable arguing points, HE ACTUALLY GOT IT OFF IN LESS THAN 2.4!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!

Unbef*ckinglievable.

I hope Masai submits this clip with his protest.

Comment

Look at the signal from the ref to start the clock, it comes a split second after cousin deflects it and a split second before Ross gets to it. There was no fucking clock malfunction. By this logic, every buzzer beater with .5 or less left on release should be looked at by point of inbound and if the clock isn't dead accurate should likely be taken away
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

See, that would explain it if the first half was like the second half. But it wasn't. They show glimpses of playing the right way (attacking mismatches, using inside play to generate fouls, not forcing offence through one option that simply isn't working) which is always promising, but they seem unable to recognize that it's working and abandon it for no reason.
                          I more concerned with our defense than our offense. Seemed we made hay when bebe played. He was +11, jv was -14.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            I more concerned with our defense than our offense. Seemed we made hay when bebe played. He was +11, jv was -14.
                            Sacramento's bench being terrible is a more likely explanation for that, but sure. Scoring 36 points in a half is totally fine.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Isn't the ref the one that starts the clock? He has his hand on a device on his belt.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Sacramento's bench being terrible is a more likely explanation for that, but sure. Scoring 36 points in a half is totally fine.
                                Iirc bebe was matched up with boogie. Not sure if Rudy was on but that's all sac has in any lineup.
                                The defense has been consistently bad. The offense has been good. Jv is the anchor of the defense and I think hes one of our worst defenders. We can try to have a shoot out every game but defense is key in the playoffs. At the same time I think jv will be huge in the half court offense in the playoffs. Both jv and biz were useful in the playoffs last yr.

Comment

Working...
                                X