Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    God help us when Abbas is the voice of reason.

He's right though, no need to overreact just yet. If we lose to the Bucks though...
    lmaooooooooo maybe this is just what the doctor ordered

Comment

• I thought that game was well fought considering it was basically a mathematical certainty of a loss based on the schedule.

Good effort from Lowry and DD. Cory and Pat continue to look like they are rounding into form.

Some odd choices in this game. Starting with the odd choice they make every game, starting Siakam. Once again that lineup was not great, and Siakam couldn't defend Griffin to save his life, and they managed to be -3 in like 9 minutes and also put the Clips in the bonus almost instantly at the start of both halves. Siakam tries, and kudos to him for that, but that lineup just doesn't work. While the real starters were a +1 in 10 minutes, because of course.

Weird to close the game without Powell playing much late. Thought he did well for most of the game, especially defensively, and could have helped stop the Clips late (which the Raps couldn't do to save their lives - again, though, defence at the end of the game while living in this schedule nightmare is hard).

Weird to go to hack a Jordan with BeBe out there - in theory BeBe is an upgrade defensively from JV, so why wouldn't you leverage that strategy with JV out there, and try to defend with BeBe on the floor? Can't control that he suddenly turned into Jose Calderon from the line, just the timing of the strategy was very strange.

JV not getting the ball at all as a primary option is a little odd. Heck, he was barely used as a screener for long stretches - there were long stretches where the Raps barely bothered to run screen plays at all. Maybe tired legs made the most lazy on offence but whatever the reason there were long ugly stretches in this one (and yes, overall they scored very well, it was a stylistic thing that bothered me more than the results).

I'm finding it difficult to get too upset though. Tough loss, good fight, on the road against the most dominant team in the league so far, on a back to back in the middle of the worst schedule stretch of the season? What are you gonna do?

Hope the Raps can regroup and take the next two to give them a morale boost and some momentum for the upcoming home stand.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        God help us when Abbas is the voice of reason.

He's right though, no need to overreact just yet. If we lose to the Bucks though...
        No need to put down Abbas to make your point. Whether I agree with him or not, I've never seen him put anyone here down.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I thought that game was well fought considering it was basically a mathematical certainty of a loss based on the schedule.

Good effort from Lowry and DD. Cory and Pat continue to look like they are rounding into form.

Some odd choices in this game. Starting with the odd choice they make every game, starting Siakam. Once again that lineup was not great, and Siakam couldn't defend Griffin to save his life, and they managed to be -3 in like 9 minutes and also put the Clips in the bonus almost instantly at the start of both halves. Siakam tries, and kudos to him for that, but that lineup just doesn't work. While the real starters were a +1 in 10 minutes, because of course.

Weird to close the game without Powell playing much late. Thought he did well for most of the game, especially defensively, and could have helped stop the Clips late (which the Raps couldn't do to save their lives - again, though, defence at the end of the game while living in this schedule nightmare is hard).

Weird to go to hack a Jordan with BeBe out there - in theory BeBe is an upgrade defensively from JV, so why wouldn't you leverage that strategy with JV out there, and try to defend with BeBe on the floor? Can't control that he suddenly turned into Jose Calderon from the line, just the timing of the strategy was very strange.

JV not getting the ball at all as a primary option is a little odd. Heck, he was barely used as a screener for long stretches - there were long stretches where the Raps barely bothered to run screen plays at all. Maybe tired legs made the most lazy on offence but whatever the reason there were long ugly stretches in this one (and yes, overall they scored very well, it was a stylistic thing that bothered me more than the results).

I'm finding it difficult to get too upset though. Tough loss, good fight, on the road against the most dominant team in the league so far, on a back to back in the middle of the worst schedule stretch of the season? What are you gonna do?

Hope the Raps can regroup and take the next two to give them a morale boost and some momentum for the upcoming home stand.
          Good summary, although I don't agree with the bold.

DeRozan was a pylon on defense, with even Jack & Matt criticizing his poor/slow rotations several times. He once again forced his own shot too much down the stretch.

I'm also getting quite frustrated with Lowry. He can play so well at times, but he can go through stretches when he absolutely sinks the team. His shot selection, selfishly trying to out-duel Paul, and constant whining to the refs is getting stale. His defense is also overrated.

Ross and Patterson were the bright spots on this night.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            No need to put down Abbas to make your point. Whether I agree with him or not, I've never seen him put anyone here down.
            Please leave the moderating to the Admins/Mods. :-)

Comment

• Montreal Impact vs Toronto FC. East Conf. Finals, 1st leg. Tonight at 8pm.

Comment

• Comment

• when was the last time the raptors actually beat a good team? charlotte, arguably???

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    when was the last time the raptors actually beat a good team? charlotte, arguably???
                    lol just relax
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I normally don't shill my own writing here, but I wrote a piece on the end of this game:

http://www.holyfield.co/blog/2016/11...easure-of-time

If this isn't allowed, I apologize to the mods.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                        lol just relax

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          They have 6 losses. Only 2 of which (both to the Kings) were objectionable. Cavsx2, GSW and Clips (both 2nd night of back to back) are nothing to freak out about.
                          Last edited by Mess; Tue Nov 22, 2016, 01:09 PM.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

They have 6 losses. Only 2 of which (both to the Kings) were objectionable. Cavsx2, GSW and Clips (both 2nd night of back to back) are nothing to freak out about.
                            I mean, being 0-4 versus teams that'll likely be top 5 teams at the end of the year isn't really what I'd consider good.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                              I mean, being 0-4 versus teams that'll likely be top 5 teams at the end of the year isn't really what I'd consider good.
                              I think it's fair to suggest that 'freak out' mode is still a long way off, but what is troubling is that the performance to date this season (along with the defensive shortcomings) is indicative of the "what's the ceiling of a Casey/Lowry/DeRozan core" discussion that has been going on for several seasons now. The sky isn't falling, but reality may be setting in.

Comment

• With Derozan coming back down to earth, its going to be tough to win games with how our defense is right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X