Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch

Comment

• And Anthony Davis is hurt.........AGAIN.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        And Anthony Davis is hurt.........AGAIN.
        Yup.. Impressive player, but can't stay healthy. Sucks.

Comment

• I didn't read every page of this, but a lingering question I have is;

Let's pretend instead of 2.4 seconds there was 24 seconds remaining. Let's assume everything else unfolded the same way---a deflection and a buzzer beater. Do the refs still review the inbounds pass?

I get that they review buzzer beaters as part of the replay rules, and that's a good thing. But what is the cut off on reviewing the inbounds pass as well? 2.5 seconds? 12 seconds? 24 seconds? Does every review of every final shot going forward also include a review of the inbounds pass to make sure the clock was correct?

This is a very slippery slope.

Comment

• 4 points in a Q, that's gotta be a record

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
              4 points in a Q, that's gotta be a record
              Um. What? There was still 9 mins left in the 2nd

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Um. What? There was still 9 mins left in the 2nd
                I'm an idiot

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                  I'm an idiot
                  Well, you have company. The boxscore filled in the "at the half" score with the total so I assumed it was halftime as well.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Take a look at this Mudiay game winner vs Philly last year:

So, if the clock started late when Mudiay caught the ball, then that shouldn't have counted, right?

Here's a screen shot of Mudiay with the ball after catching and turning up court, with the clock still at 3.1:

From another angle you can see the official clock hasn't changed (so it's not just the TV clock that starts late).

The decision in the Raptors game was garbage. And the biggest problem with that decision is that when you go back and look at all the 0.2 or 0.1 second game winners over the last few years, almost all of them would have been called back if this rule were applied then. Because the clock never starts exactly on time.
                    Last edited by OakTree; Tue Nov 22, 2016, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Just watched the Bulls vs Nuggetts game and the whistle that goes in favour of the Bulls .. well Butler and Wade... is almost laughable if it weren't so one sided... Butler actually kicked his legs out and fell on his own... and got the shooting foul call.

Its not just the Raps that take the NBA officials worst... Denver is at home and is getting seriously hosed ...
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Tough loss ... That was a tough one.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                          Tough loss ... That was a tough one.
                          Tough is an extreme understatement.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            Tough is an extreme understatement.
                            We are now 0-2 vs the Kings this year. The refs decision sucks but the team needs to play better; we shouldn't be in that position to lose to the Kings.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Well, you have company. The boxscore filled in the "at the half" score with the total so I assumed it was halftime as well.
                              That makes 3 of us. My jaw dropped and had to go verify on another site
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Wasn't it also against the Kings last year (or the year before) when the refs took away a Lowry 3 pointer because he "kicked out his legs" or something laughable like that? I get that they'd be sick of him baiting their whistles, but that was extra ridiculous.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X