Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OakTree wrote: View Post
    Take a look at this Mudiay game winner vs Philly last year:

So, if the clock started late when Mudiay caught the ball, then that shouldn't have counted, right?

Here's a screen shot of Mudiay with the ball after catching and turning up court, with the clock still at 3.1:

From another angle you can see the official clock hasn't changed (so it's not just the TV clock that starts late).

The decision in the Raptors game was garbage. And the biggest problem with that decision is that when you go back and look at all the 0.2 or 0.1 second game winners over the last few years, almost all of them would have been called back if this rule were applied then. Because the clock never starts exactly on time.
    I'm hope somebody on the raptors teams IS actually going back and looking at all the buzzer beaters from the last few years in prep for the meeting with the league. Not that it matters, they can still do whatever they want. Maybe the raptors can threaten to release the evidence to further enrage the northern faithful
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      That makes 3 of us. My jaw dropped and had to go verify on another site

When I see "half" I assume that the half is over.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

So there should be a ruling by Sunday at the latest.

They better come strong with the argument, I've never heard of a bang bang inbounds play being retimed from exact moment of impact on a stop watch in new Jersey rather than when the REFEREE chooses to start the clock.

Comment

So there should be a ruling by Sunday at the latest.

They better come strong with the argument, I've never heard of a bang bang inbounds play being retimed from exact moment of impact on a stop watch in new Jersey rather than when the REFEREE chooses to start the clock.
            5 business days. So, mid-late next week (due to Thanksgiving).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              5 business days. So, mid-late next week (due to Thanksgiving).
              Damn I thought every day was a business day in the nba

Comment

Damn I thought every day was a business day in the nba
                Not for the league office, unfortunately.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OakTree wrote: View Post
                  Take a look at this Mudiay game winner vs Philly last year:

So, if the clock started late when Mudiay caught the ball, then that shouldn't have counted, right?

Here's a screen shot of Mudiay with the ball after catching and turning up court, with the clock still at 3.1:

From another angle you can see the official clock hasn't changed (so it's not just the TV clock that starts late).

The decision in the Raptors game was garbage. And the biggest problem with that decision is that when you go back and look at all the 0.2 or 0.1 second game winners over the last few years, almost all of them would have been called back if this rule were applied then. Because the clock never starts exactly on time.
                  I'm sure the Raptors will have a boatload of these with them when they present their case. On one hand, the NBA has set a terrible precedent but I don't know that they can say they're wrong. Will every last second shot be protested now? I think the best scenario would be for Silver to privately admit they screwed up and then promise to give them the benefit of every call for the rest of the season

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I'm sure the Raptors will have a boatload of these with them when they present their case. On one hand, the NBA has set a terrible precedent but I don't know that they can say they're wrong. Will every last second shot be protested now? I think the best scenario would be for Silver to privately admit they screwed up and then promise to give them the benefit of every call for the rest of the season
                    That must be some good weed you're smokin on, hook a brotha up

Comment

• Game #15: Toronto Raptors 115 - Houston Rockets 102

vs

Projected Starters

Toronto

PG - Kyle Lowry
                      SG - Norman Powell
                      SF - Demar Derozan
                      PF - Luis Scola
                      C - Jonas Valanciunas

Houston

PG: James Harden
                      SG:Patrick Beverley
                      SF: Trevor Ariza
                      PF: Ryan Anderson
                      C: Clint Capela

Last Meeting
                      GAME 71 - MARCH 25, 2016 HOUSTON 112, TORONTO 109

Last season, the Rockets swept Toronto with James Harden at his very best and Kyle Lowry getting ejected in one of their meetings. Go back one season and you may recall DeMar DeRozan had a career best 42 point scoring effort including his final shot which sealed the win with 18.1 seconds remaining.

Note Worthy:
                      - This is a homecoming of sorts for both Patrick Patterson and Kyle Lowry, who both played with the Rockets earlier in their careers — Lowry from 2008-11 and Patterson from 2010-12.

- The Raptors have given up 100 or more points to their opponents in each of their last eight games.

- The Raptors are third in the NBA in offensive rating (points scored per 100 possessions), one spot ahead of the Rockets.

- DeMar DeRozan has cooled off just a bit, relinquishing the spot as the league's top scorer, but he is still averaging 30.9 points per game.

- 21% of Raptors points scored on 3s, third-fewest in the NBA, while the Rockets get 36.8% of their scoring from the 3-point line, the largest percentage in the NBA.

- The Raptors aren't playing terrible basketball but they definitely do seem to be in a bit of a rut as they've won just one of their last five.

Go Raps!

Comment

• This is a must win.

Also Luis Scola? I think I'm having a nightmare.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          This is a must win.

Also Luis Scola? I think I'm having a nightmare.
                          This is 2nd appearance in raptors starting lineups this year on rr. Something tells me dwane casey and his evil rock are behind this

Comment

• "This a must win"? Guys come on.

I'm not even worried about this losing streak. We'll even it out. Early adversity is a great thing. At least in my book.

Comment

• I'm just hoping that there's a few signs of life for the defense in this one. At the same time I'm not expecting Harden to be shut down or naything
                              OG is our king

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                                vs

Projected Starters

Toronto

PG - Kyle Lowry
                                SG - Norman Powell
                                SF - Demar Derozan
                                PF - Luis Scola
                                C - Jonas Valanciunas

Houston

PG: James Harden
                                SG:Patrick Beverley
                                SF: Trevor Ariza
                                PF: Ryan Anderson
                                C: Clint Capela

Last Meeting
                                GAME 71 - MARCH 25, 2016 HOUSTON 112, TORONTO 109

Last season, the Rockets swept Toronto with James Harden at his very best and Kyle Lowry getting ejected in one of their meetings. Go back one season and you may recall DeMar DeRozan had a career best 42 point scoring effort including his final shot which sealed the win with 18.1 seconds remaining.

Note Worthy:
                                - This is a homecoming of sorts for both Patrick Patterson and Kyle Lowry, who both played with the Rockets earlier in their careers — Lowry from 2008-11 and Patterson from 2010-12.

- The Raptors have given up 100 or more points to their opponents in each of their last eight games.

- The Raptors are third in the NBA in offensive rating (points scored per 100 possessions), one spot ahead of the Rockets.

- DeMar DeRozan has cooled off just a bit, relinquishing the spot as the league's top scorer, but he is still averaging 30.9 points per game.

- 21% of Raptors points scored on 3s, third-fewest in the NBA, while the Rockets get 36.8% of their scoring from the 3-point line, the largest percentage in the NBA.

- The Raptors aren't playing terrible basketball but they definitely do seem to be in a bit of a rut as they've won just one of their last five.

Go Raps!
                                Great game thread Zainab. I like what you've done with it. Haha Sure fire Win.

Comment

Working...
                                X