• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the fuck...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Where do you write mate?
      Raptors HQ, have posted a couple articles here when they are relevant to the convo, but I have one up every week (plus anytime something cap-related happens).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Quality of a passes matter as well. It wasnt "i got nowhere to go" type of passes but very on point and decisive.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Ross has been amazing. Unfortunately he cant keep this up. If he does though hes like elite bench player
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Ross has been amazing. Unfortunately he cant keep this up. If he does though hes like elite bench player
            He and Powell both have a low-60's TS%. That's JV level efficiency. Pretty crazy. Especially from Ross who is carrying as much usage as JV.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Man what a game last night. Carrolls coming out party? We can only hope so, because the 1st and 4th quarter he was involved, energetic, and hitting shots. To me the shots in secondary to the actual junk yard dog stuff we actually saw last night. I think aside from any big trade, a demarre carroll we signed up for would be the biggest internal improvement. That would bring us back to having a punchers chance at the cavaliers.

Defense was outstanding from everyone. Cojo was draining buckets! Just entertaining ball. Bebe looked a little lost last night, backup center is definitely a slight issue, but whatever. We're back on track guys!
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Carroll deserves first star for his performance last night. Great game from him. There must have been a meeting held prior to the game as their defense was on point.. only allowed 39 points at the half against a D'Antoni offense. That was impressive.

Although allowing 35 in the 3rd was pretty bad.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Carroll deserves first star for his performance last night. Great game from him. There must have been a meeting held prior to the game as their defense was on point.. only allowed 39 points at the half against a D'Antoni offense. That was impressive.

Although allowing 35 in the 3rd was pretty bad.
                  I noticed there was something different with him from te first posession. I was like "woah, he's trying..Like, hard"

But I think fans myself included too often equate bad play or rust with lack of effort. He said in the post game "people forget I wasn't able to train all summer" and that is very true. Plus he had light work in training camp. We're now a month into the season and I'd say a combination of him catching up to the rest of the guys that have been going hard, plus losing minutes to stormin norman, has brought out this hustle..I hope. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems like a prideful guy that wants to be a key component. And like I said, if we get Atlanta demarre at that small forward spot, that is the biggest internal improvement we can hope for this season. Would be "yuuuuge". It would be our trump card. It would make the raptors great again!
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    That must be some good weed you're smokin on, hook a brotha up
                    Last night was a start Maybe it will just be one game.

Comment

• So..the league squashed the nuggets protest of their game. As a refresh, Memphis was awarded the ball with seconds left when the refs and replay centre said the ball went out of bounds of Mudiay. Apparently a clearer view seen later showed this was not the case. The NBA replied ".. that a misapplication of the playing rules is required "to justify the extraordinary remedy of granting a game protest and overturning the game's result." So, to overturn it, it would be not that they got a call wrong but that they used the rule wrong...is that it? Not sure where that leaves us.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        So..the league squashed the nuggets protest of their game. As a refresh, Memphis was awarded the ball with seconds left when the refs and replay centre said the ball went out of bounds of Mudiay. Apparently a clearer view seen later showed this was not the case. The NBA replied ".. that a misapplication of the playing rules is required "to justify the extraordinary remedy of granting a game protest and overturning the game's result." So, to overturn it, it would be not that they got a call wrong but that they used the rule wrong...is that it? Not sure where that leaves us.
                        Judging by the reaction of coaches and players around the NBA, I think that the Raptors' appeal will probably result in some sort of action.

I don't think they will arrange to replay the 2.4 seconds, simply because I don't think the Raptors are going to agree to fly to Sacramento to heave a 3.

Maybe the Raptors would agree to play overtime, but I don't think the league will award that. They tend to stand by their officials if there's any grey area to stand in.

I think the most likely scenario is that the ruling is upheld, but the rules are subsequently changed to prevent this situation happening again, either in the offseason or before the playoffs.

The officials' stance that the hypothetical clock has more value than the clock visible to the players and coaches (and fans!) is not a satisfactory situation. It changes end game strategy significantly. Just shooting the ball before the final buzzer isn't enough any more, it needs to be released earlier than that to account for timing errors.

I would expect teams to challenge all buzzer beaters going forward. Even if the ball is clearly released in time. The team on the wrong end of a buzzer beater is going to be claiming that the clock started late every time.

It also presents an optics problem. When TV networks show that the ball is out of the hands of the player before the final buzzer, but it still gets called back, that's not a good ending to a game. It's extremely disappointing, and a bad look for the league.
                        Last edited by OakTree; Thu Nov 24, 2016, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I noticed there was something different with him from te first posession. I was like "woah, he's trying..Like, hard"

But I think fans myself included too often equate bad play or rust with lack of effort. He said in the post game "people forget I wasn't able to train all summer" and that is very true. Plus he had light work in training camp. We're now a month into the season and I'd say a combination of him catching up to the rest of the guys that have been going hard, plus losing minutes to stormin norman, has brought out this hustle..I hope. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems like a prideful guy that wants to be a key component. And like I said, if we get Atlanta demarre at that small forward spot, that is the biggest internal improvement we can hope for this season. Would be "yuuuuge". It would be our trump card. It would make the raptors great again!
                          You forgot the "Believe me!" at the end lol.

Comment

• This was the first game Carroll resembled the player he was in ATL.

Comment

How true. Over the last couple of years at least, with the continuity of the core players still here and Masai who makes it a priority to acquire players of a particular mindset we should really all give benefit of the doubt to the players on this team. We have absolutely no idea what is going down with them personally or on the injury fronts. A couple of days ago I mused in a post about the oddity that has been CoJo's play of late...seems like he as well bounced back well last night.

One never knows. But fundamentally these guys like playing for each other and the team is also trying to incorporate a couple of rookies into the lineup this year. Anyway, I just wanted to throw this in...we really should never ascribe "laziness" to this team's play...I don't think we have such players anymore....Masai & Casey wont allow it.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                How true. Over the last couple of years at least, with the continuity of the core players still here and Masai who makes it a priority to acquire players of a particular mindset we should really all give benefit of the doubt to the players on this team. We have absolutely no idea what is going down with them personally or on the injury fronts. A couple of days ago I mused in a post about the oddity that has been CoJo's play of late...seems like he as well bounced back well last night.

One never knows. But fundamentally these guys like playing for each other and the team is also trying to incorporate a couple of rookies into the lineup this year. Anyway, I just wanted to throw this in...we really should never ascribe "laziness" to this team's play...I don't think we have such players anymore....Masai & Casey wont allow it.
                                I agree, even a nagging injury can lead to the kind of defensive blow bys that also look like a lack of effort.

That said, to be really successful so many of these guys have to play right at the peak edge of their potential performance. They aren't perfect and they aren't robots, it's easy enough for anybody's focus to slip for a while. The other big thing to remember is it's just November, this team has to peak in terms of health and production in the spring.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X