Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure nothing will change.
    I'd really LOVE for them to acknowledge that one video clip where it clearly fucking shows
    that even from the point of DMC's tip it's only 2.39 seconds.
    How the fuck they happily arrived at a non-negotiable 2.5 eludes me.
    But hey, what can ya do.

Comment

• Just like y'all, I'm not expecting anything at all.. But do they really want to put someone else's mistake on a team?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Just like y'all, I'm not expecting anything at all.. But do they really want to put someone else's mistake on a team?
        I don't think they give a rats ass. WHADDYAGONNADOABOUTIT

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Wow, the Grizz are really going to struggle without Conley. Even lineups with Gasol but no Conley have roughly a -4 net rating on the year.
          I still think they make it to the playoffs..... they may struggle but Conley should be back around the all star game .. enough time to make up any lost ground with 30 plus games to the end of the year. Even with Conley it was hard to see them cracking the top 5 though.. See them finishing 7 or 8.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• My reaction if the NBA decides to deny our protest and say that officials made a correct call:

Comment

My reaction if the NBA decides to deny our protest and say that officials made a correct call:

https://streamable.com/wdo6

Comment

My reaction if the NBA decides to deny our protest and say that officials made a correct call:

What's up, doc?

Comment

• Game #18: Memphis Grizzlies 105 - Toronto Raptors 120

@

Projected Starters

Toronto
                  PG - Kyle Lowry
                  SG - Demar Derozan
                  SF - Demarre Carroll
                  PF - Luis Scola
                  C - Jonas Valanciunas

Memphis
                  PG - Andrew Harrison
                  SG - Tony Allen
                  SF - Troy Williams
                  PF - Jamychal Green
                  C - Marc Gasol

Last Meeting:
                  Game #75: Toronto Raptors 99 - Memphis Grizzlies 95

DeMar DeRozan scored 27 points, Kyle Lowry added 22 and Jonas Valanciunas led a strong defensive effort that carried the Toronto Raptors to a 99-95 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies. The injury-depleted Grizzlies lost their fifth straight. Zach Randolph led Memphis with 16 points and the bench scored 52 points. Valanciunas, finished with a career-high seven blocked shots and a team-best 14 rebounds. His inside defensive presence helped the Raptors limit the Grizzlies to 12 points in the paint in the second half. Memphis had 26 in the first half. In addition to their defensive play, the Raptors got a key spark from reserve swingman Terrence Ross. He connected on four consecutive 3-pointers early in the fourth quarter to allow Toronto to pull ahead 87-84 with five minutes to go. The Raptors never trailed again. The Grizzlies, outrebounded 23-18 in the opening half, shot 52.3 percent from the field, including 61.9 percent in the second quarter (13 of 21). The Raptors overcame 40 percent shooting from the field by making 7 of 16 from beyond the arc.

Noteworthy:

- Raptors have kept the opposition under 100 points the past two games.
                  - The Raptors (11-6) are 5-3 at home and the Grizzlies are 6-3 on the road.
                  - Memphis has lost two of its last three after winning six straight.
                  - The Raptors have won three in a row.
                  - The Memphis Grizzlies just received word that Conley will be out for several weeks due to a back injury. The Grizzlies said that Conley was diagnosed with transverse fractures in the vertebrae located in his lower back. The injury is expected to resolve itself with rest. Conley is expected to miss six weeks and will be re-evaluated in four weeks.That now leaves Memphis without its star point guard, Randolph, James Ennis, Chandler Parsons, Brandan Wright and Jordan Adams.
                  - Vince Carter is questionable with a hip injury. He traveled with the team to Toronto and will be listed as questionable for the game.
                  - Carter averages 9.3 points and 26.4 minutes per game off the bench for the Grizzlies.
                  - Chandler Parsons, James Ennis and Brandan Wright are out with injuries.
                  - The Memphis Grizzlies are averaging 96.9 points on 42.2 percent shooting and allowing 97.3 points on 43.7 percent shooting.
                  - Zach Randolph is the third double-digit scorer and Vince Carter is grabbing 3.9 rebounds.
                  - The Memphis Grizzlies are shooting 33.2 percent from beyond the arc and 78.5 percent from the free throw line.
                  - Grizzlies have won six straight road games.
                  - The Grizzlies are the same team they were at the end of last season with all of their injuries.
                  - Zach Randolph has missed the past three games after the death of his mother last week.
                  - Center Jonas Valanciunas did not play in the fourth quarter Monday because of a minor ankle injury. The ankle was rewrapped and he could have returned but coach Dwane Casey rested him with the game well under control.
                  - The Raptors expect to announce their 100th straight sellout at the Air Canada Centre.

Go RAPS!

Comment

• Comment

• Scola starting for the raps is an interesting look. I wonder how well the Nets Jersey will blend with the raptors one. Guess it should blend pretty well if they're wearing the whites, but an astute observer would notice Scola wearing the wrong jersey, if nothing else.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        Scola starting for the raps is an interesting look. I wonder how well the Nets Jersey will blend with the raptors one. Guess it should blend pretty well if they're wearing the whites, but an astute observer would notice Scola wearing the wrong jersey, if nothing else.
                        They got away with it the last 3 games, so clearly they have their ways.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• You guys I was sitting in my medical school class lecture, opened up this page and could NOT stop laughing out loud. You guys have such a good sense of humor, especially this Uncle Si.

Oh and lets just say the professor was not amused.

Comment

• Classic Uncle Si! Wait till you get a couple brandys in him at Christmas dinner

Comment

• Anyways, that's a pretty shitty grizzlies starting lineup. I suspect without conley in the lineup they'll slow the game down even further, but we can do that too. Lowry shouldn't have to use as much energy defensively.

Raps 106 grizzlies 96, and we get to 12-6 with a brural opening sked and a screwjob mixed in

Comment

• Both teams are already bottom 10 in pace, Memphis being the 3rd slowest. I'd bet the under on this one.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X