No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Leiweke. He should've never left the MLSE. Dude brought hope and look at our sports teams now.

Comment

• As ever with the Grizzlies, nothing is a given. Considering that, I'll take it, ugly as it was.

First half especially was very rough. JV was completely discombobulated on offence (though what the heck was with Carroll setting some sort of screen for him in the post? Just mucked up the paint and led to that terrible pass and turnover) early on, though he did OK defensively. DeRozan was turning it over at a crazy rate. And nobody could stop anyone on MEM from scoring.

Said at the break while watching that a) the Raptors needed only one good Q defensively to win the game and b) that Casey would be screaming at the half.

Storyline seems to be thus: gameplan was to play simple and outplay them. Came out lackadaisical and with the Grizzlies providing their usual grit and grind, the game ran away from them. So, new gameplan: tread water while Gasol is on the court, and smash their bench. Took a while for the bench to really put that together, but finally during Gasol's break in the 4th they went on their run. Mission accomplished.

I thought both JV and BeBe fought well with Gasol for his minutes on the floor, though to middling effect. Saw JV limping at one point and was unsurprised to see Casey say his ankle was still an issue. In any case, love the decision to stay small at the end. Forcing a mismatch instead of matching up is a nice (and relatively new) look from Casey. Paid off nicely - Gasol was not nearly aggressive enough inside to make the most pay for the decision, and Patterson got free for a back breaking three off a simple pick play. Patterson had a good game, as did Joseph, who might have been the biggest difference maker in this one.

Finally, our two stars once again decided to win this one for us. Incredibly efficient scoring (which we needed with the paint packed by the Grizzlies and our bigs ineffective) from both. Lowry was incredible and managed to avoid the turnover bug that bit so many others.

Not pretty, but I'll take it. Just keep winning. Back to back coming up, let's see how long we can push this streak.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hard to take much from that. Definitely looked like they played at about half-speed for most of the night and with about half the focus required to play an NBA game. Absolutely took Memphis lightly.

I wasn't watching closely and I had to stop watching about halfway through the 4th but, did Casey sit on his timeouts all game? The scoreboard at the bottom seemed to suggest Toronto had all its timeouts. You have to think he was trying to send a message to his guys.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          In basketball, or in any sort of analysis, you try to look at the whole picture instead of fixating on one facet alone.

DeMar had 24 points on 9 FGA. He also contributed 9 boards and 6 assists.

For you to take a game like that and equate 7 turnovers to the Kennedy assassination goes to show that your protestations of fairness and balance are pretty much a joke. You can point to all the qualified praise you want, but the act is so tired dude.
          It's ridiculous. It's not like DeMar gets a ton of credit for his low turnover rate.

Yeah he had a lot of turnovers today. He was also hyper efficient scoring the ball and had a ton of assists and rebounds and contributed very effectively. Harden averages 6 turnovers per game, I think DeMar's allowed to have the occasional high turnover game especially if everything else about his game was amazing.

Comment

• I didn't see much of the game but I think it's also important to notr that Derozan was likely guarded by Tony Allen for much of the game.

Kobe's last game against Memphis last year he gave Allen a signed pair of shoes calling him "the best defender I ever faced."

I would expect Derozan to struggle a bit against him and have above average turnovers. No big deal.

Comment

• So....

Comment

• Anybody here got adam silvers cell phone number?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Anybody here got adam silvers cell phone number?
                  No, but 212-407-8000

Comment

• NBA just released PRs about Doc, Drummond fines. Nothing about us. Business day about to close!
                    Last edited by rocwell; Thu Dec 1, 2016, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      NBA just released PRs about Doc, Drummond fines. Nothing about us. Business day about to close!
                      They probably forgot about it

Comment

• Lol. NBA be like...

Comment

• Whatever happens, The Sacramento Screwjob is such a great name for this debacle, glad we have it.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Whatever happens, The Sacramento Screwjob is such a great name for this debacle, glad we have it.
                            At the risk of sounding like a complete douche bag, I'm pretty sure it was I who said it first

Comment

• Comment

• NBA TV Canada gonna have a 75 minute special "The Decision".
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X