Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      At the risk of sounding like a complete douche bag, I'm pretty sure it was I who said it first
      That's OK. You sound like that all the time and I still think you're alright.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Murry captures rookie of the month ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          Murry captures rookie of the month ..

http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...ada-Basketball

Comment

• Cue a 'sleeve-gate' discussion. Cavs are wearing the sleeves tonight and getting crushed at home by the Clippers

Comment

• Thread: Game #19: Los Angeles Lakers @ Toronto Raptors 2/12, 7:30 EST

@

Projected Starters

Toronto
              PG - Kyle Lowry
              SG - Demar Derozan
              SF - Demarre Carroll
              PF - Luis Scola
              C - Jonas Valanciunas

Los Angeles
              PG - Jose Calderon
              SG - Jordan Clarkson
              SF - Luol Deng
              PF - Julius Randle
              C - Timofey Mozgov

Last Meeting:
              Game #14: Los Angeles Lakers 93 Toronto Raptors 102

While the sellout crowd left no doubt it came to watch Kobe Bryant say goodbye to Canada, Terrence Ross took full advantage of his first start this season. The former NBA slam dunk champion proved a sparkplug with 22 points, including a team-high nine in the fourth quarter, as the Toronto Raptors put two tough home losses in the rearview mirror and beat the Los Angeles Lakers 102-93 on Monday night. Kyle Lowry scored 27 points for the Raptors, and Bismack Biyombo had a career-high 15 points with 13 rebounds. But it was Ross' strong, one-handed slam that finally gave Toronto the lead for good with 6:55 to go, and the Raptors quickly went on an 11-0 run to remove any doubt about the final outcome. Ross started in place of injured forward DeMarre Carroll. In what was almost certainly his last NBA appearance in Toronto, Bryant shot 8 of 16 for 21 points as the Raptors swept the season series from the Lakers for the first time. The crowd of 20,163, the largest ever at Air Canada Centre to watch the five-time NBA champion, certainly showed its appreciation for his 20 years in a Lakers uniform. "Wow! Wow!" Bryant said afterward. "It felt absolutely amazing. Sitting on the bench and they started chanting, `We want Kobe!' (I was like), give me 5 minutes."
              Bryant, who announced his plans to retire after this season, averaged 27 points in 33 career games against the Raptors. He's scored 891 points against them, fifth all-time among opponents. And he has reached 40 points five times versus Toronto, more than any other player. Bryant was given a standing ovation when Lakers coach Byron Scott removed him for the final time with 24.6 seconds remaining.

Noteworthy:

- After losing back-to-back games to fall to an 8-6 record, the Toronto Raptors have bounced back to win four straight games.
              - Raptors are now second in the Eastern Conference with a 12-6 record.
              - Toronto goes for its fifth consecutive victory, as they host an LA Lakers (10-10) team that have lost three of their last five games.
              - The Raptors recently defeated the Memphis Grizzlies, 120-105, while the Lakers were able to take a 96-90 road victory over the Chicago Bulls.
              - The Toronto Raptors will be playing in the first game of a “two games in two nights schedule”.
              - LA Lakers will have two days off since their win in Chicago.
              - Toronto will be the third stop in a four-game road trip for the Lakers. This will be the first of two meetings for both teams this 2016-17 season.
              - In their victory over the Grizzlies, Toronto Raptors All-Stars Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan combined for 53 points.
              - Lowry notched 29 points and dished out eight assists, while DeRozan shot 6-for-9 from the field and missed just one of his eleven free throw attempts.
              - DeRozan’s six field goals was also able to put him third overall for field goals made in franchise history. He is now just 12 baskets away from passing Vince Carter’s (1998-2005) 3,451 field goals made.
              - The Toronto Raptors were able to offset a season-high 20 turnovers with a season-high 16 three pointers made.
              - For the season, the Toronto Raptors are 5th in the league in scoring with 109.7 ppg. They are 15th in points allowed at 104.3 points, which gives them a +5.4 point differential.
              - The Toronto Raptors will have their complete roster in their upcoming game against the Lakers.
              - By comparison, the LA Lakers are 8th in scoring at 106.6 ppg, but 27th in points allowed at 109.6 points. This puts the Lakers 24th overall in point differential at -3.0 points.
              - 10-year veteran Nick Young will not be available against the Toronto Raptors. Young has been diagnosed with a strained right calf muscle, which will put him out of action for two to four weeks.
              - D’Angelo Russell is still out after receiving a platelet rich injection in his knee.
              - This is the first time Los Angeles Lakers are visiting Toronto since Kobe Bryant's retirement.

Go RAPS!

Comment

• Just for context (and so that people like me stop refreshing this page all the time), the most recent protest was from the nuggets game on nov 8th. The protest was filed on nov 10th and the nba gave its decision on nov 23rd. They must have very long business days.

Comment

• The Toronto Raptors will be playing in the second game of a “two games in two nights schedule”.
                  First game of a back to back, not second.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• I think this one is a win. The Lakers defence is horrid. The Raptors' offence is historically good (barring the other even more historically good offensive team this year) - their current 112.6 ORTG is better all but one team that played from 1996-97 to 2015-16, and only a tenth of a point below the 2009-10 PHX Suns.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Meanwhile the Lakers' 107.4 DRTG is good for 27th in the league, and is even higher at 108.2 on the road.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Return

Doubt Lowry makes him feel all that welcome once the ball goes up.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Just for context (and so that people like me stop refreshing this page all the time), the most recent protest was from the nuggets game on nov 8th. The protest was filed on nov 10th and the nba gave its decision on nov 23rd. They must have very long business days.
                            There may have been some miscommunication with some of the media. We were told it was 5 days from submission, but now some media guys (I think Eric Smith was the one I saw) are saying it is actually 5 days for the team to submit evidence after the protest is filed, then 5 further days for the league to make a decision. So yesterday would have been the protest finalization date, and then next week would be the league response deadline. Still nothing concrete, just what I've seen floating around.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X