No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps at #2 on Stein's Power Rankings this week. Plus there are 3 Raptors related articles on espn.com/nba (one's an insider article). Crazy times.

Comment

• Must see tv! Hot streak v cold streak. I really, really want this one
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        I'm running out of Scola gifs guys.. #sendhelp

I think someone should hire Matt Barnes to pay Fisher a visit for doing that to our PF Luis S.

Comment

• 113-104 Cavs

Comment

• We need to get a Jason Terry mask for Nav Bhatia tonight.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Raps at #2 on Stein's Power Rankings this week. Plus there are 3 Raptors related articles on espn.com/nba (one's an insider article). Crazy times.
              I don't see the powerrankings yet, but BPI has us 16% Title Odds. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...x-playoff-odds

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                113-104 Cavs
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                  I don't see the powerrankings yet, but BPI has us 16% Title Odds. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...x-playoff-odds
                  Here is a link to Stein's rankings for the week:
                  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...eek-7-rankings

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Here is a link to Stein's rankings for the week:
                    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...eek-7-rankings
                    Thanks, it was showing last weeks until just now.

What a time to be alive.

Comment

• Nov 17 (18 days ago) Zach Lowe pointed out the difficulties of our starting lineup with Siakam

9. Toronto, missing a piece

Pascal Siakam has filled Jared Sullinger's starting power forward spot with admirable rookie verve, but he's overmatched. Toronto's patchwork starting five has managed a pathetic 99 points per 100 possessions, and opponents have outscored that group by about 7.5 points per 100 possessions -- a mammoth number. A would-be contender is effectively spotting opponents five points a night.

Siakam is a non-threat on offense. Look how easily Denver bottles up this DeMar DeRozan-Jonas Valanciunas pick-and-roll by ignoring Siakim's looping cut to the perimeter -- and having his man bump Valanciunas:
                      I just checked BBRef and our normal starting 5 (200 minutes together) now stands at a net +2 - a dramatic improvement since Lowe's comments. Add the 50 minutes Powell covered for Demarre and the net is now +12 in those 250 minutes.

I know a lot of the improvement is on the players themselves, but maybe Nick Nurse, Casey and the rest of the coaching staff should get a lot more credit than they do for being able to get a group with seemingly ill-fitting pieces in the modern NBA to actually function.
                      Last edited by 3inthekeon; Mon Dec 5, 2016, 04:06 PM.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Nov 17 (18 days ago) Zach Lowe pointed out the difficulties of our starting lineup with Siakam

I just checked BBRef and our normal starting 5 (200 minutes together) now stands at a net +2 - a dramatic improvement since Lowe's comments. Add the 50 minutes Powell covered for Demarre and the net is now +12 in those 250 minutes.

I know a lot of the improvement is on the players themselves, but maybe Nick Nurse, Casey and the rest of the coaching staff should get a lot more credit than they do for being able to get a group with seemingly ill-fitting pieces in the modern NBA to actually function.
                        The softer schedule of late surely helps, but I was writing a piece for tomorrow and I ran across this:

In the 6 game win streak, the starting lineup with Siakam is at a +14 net rating. That's great, even with the soft home schedule. If they can maintain that the likelihood of a last minute switch to Patterson goes way down, which is good, because based on last year that's the only kind of switch to Patterson that is possible.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          The softer schedule of late surely helps, but I was writing a piece for tomorrow and I ran across this:

In the 6 game win streak, the starting lineup with Siakam is at a +14 net rating. That's great, even with the soft home schedule. If they can maintain that the likelihood of a last minute switch to Patterson goes way down, which is good, because based on last year that's the only kind of switch to Patterson that is possible.
                          Speaking of Patterson, despite being the hottest shooter on the planet recently, his .356 mark from 3 is lower than any of his previous 4 seasons. Yet, once again the bench mob and Lowry numbers are awesome. Linked an article the other day of the ideal lineup construction and these guys fit it almost to T - 3 3pt threats plus a rim protector.

Lucas, PPat. Terry, CoJo and Kyle have been the best 5 man group in the entire league per 100 possessions (minimum 100 minutes together) and it's not even close.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...er_by=diff_pts
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Speaking of Patterson, despite being the hottest shooter on the planet recently, his .356 mark from 3 is lower than any of his previous 4 seasons. Yet, once again the bench mob and Lowry numbers are awesome. Linked an article the other day of the ideal lineup construction and these guys fit it almost to T - 3 3pt threats plus a rim protector.

Lucas, PPat. Terry, CoJo and Kyle have been the best 5 man group in the entire league per 100 possessions (minimum 100 minutes together) and it's not even close.

Yeah, Patterson makes everything better.

Drop the minutes restriction to 50 minutes, and that lineup is STILL the best one in the league (+30 net rating).

Added bonus - with the 50 minute restriction, the Raps also have the 6th best lineup in the league: Pat with the starters (at +23 net rating).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And the IND starting linuep with Glenn Robinson subbed for Paul George is actually #4...wow.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X