Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
    It's a joke for open for interpretation.

Considering our team history, I am still happy and we realistically have high standards for our team. Just hope anyone we draft can break our curses or push us over the top 2017 summer
    Sorry..my bad. There's the odd bit of cynicism around here. Thought that was it.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      What about thw Melo play last year? that happened under 2 mins as well right?
      Its the Raptors. Refs will check everything whenever even the slightest thing is off.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Calls in the last 2 minutes get reviewed if there is any question. DD's 3 fit that criteria.
        Thats an interesting slant..
        You'd think that it would be reviewed under the auspices that the shot was taken either in front of or behind the arc.. not if the players foot was OB.
        Its similar in concept to a review in football when they go to the booth to see if the receiver got both feet in bounds on a catch.. you can't review it and say the qb was past the line of scrimage on the throw so no catch.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• What slant? They do it all the time.

Maybe I'm not explaining properly. When DD made the shot, they checked if it was a 2 or a 3. During that check, they also check if he stayed in bounds. So if he would have passed the ball and someone else had scored, I don't think they would have checked.
          Last edited by 3inthekeon; Tue Dec 6, 2016, 12:17 AM.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• The final 3 wasn't why we lost, although it is hilarious they don't review Melo last year with casey and the bench right there screaming about it.

Jv was horrible, Carroll is not a "jyd", Richard Jefferson, now that's a "jyd".

The cavs are officially in our heads. Pressing to make open shots. And I'm not talking about kyle and demar, it's their "other guys" far better than our "other guys". Again.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yuck. Good fight at the end I guess.

JV seems really timid. He made one aggressive move into the paint from the post all night, got fouled, scored two. Settled all night besides that. Rebounded... alright, nothing special. Played poorly defensively with few exceptions, and was somehow not the biggest defensive issue.

What was going on with Siakam? I know there are learning nights where he's a step slow but he straight up forgot he was guarding Love on like a half dozen possessions, and when he did remember it was just in time to run out past Love and leave him with a wide open jumper anyway. Horrid game from him - hopefully we see a bounce back and this doesn't affect his confidence.

Lowry and DD showed up, and some shooters hit shots, but there just wasn't enough defensively no matter who was on the court. Nice move going small late - might have to consider only using a C against the Cavs when Thompson is on the court, because BeBe is not cutting it against stretch 5's, even in lineups where LeBron isn't playing, and that small lineup actually looks pretty good - plus rolling in Powell to the lineup would make it easier to use for longer stretches.

Bleh. At least made it closer than it had any business of being. Moving on, let's close out the home stand strong.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hopefully having Sully will help us control the boards. Also average 12 and 7 on .553FG .333 3FG against Cavs two years ago in the playoffs.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Holy shit! Klay has 40 at halftime! WTF?!?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    What slant? They do it all the time.

Maybe I'm not explaining properly. When DD made the shot, they checked if it was a 2 or a 3. During that check, they also check if he stayed in bounds. So if he would have passed the ball and someone else had scored, I don't think they would have checked.
                    Thats just it.. what specifically are they checking for...The guy standing on the baseline said good shot. Then a whistle and a review is called. So what were they checking to see ? It went in before a clock violation so you can eliminate that so essentially they would be checking to see if his foot was on the 3 point line. If it was.. 2 points not 3. If they were checking to see if his foot was out of bounds then all this is for naught.. but using the carmelo debacle last year that doesn't seem to be a reviewable instance. Again.. rules could have changed and I am off on this.

its silly for me or anyone to say that the review was called because the officials wanted to look for something - anything to waive the shot off.. christ you could do that on 2 out of 10 plays and find something in the replay footage to mitigate a basket. Just looking to see if there is any specifici named paramaters for a review or they just look at the clip in the last 2 minutes that looks like its off and say...hey we missed that.. so the call is changed.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Hopefully having Sully will help us control the boards. Also average 12 and 7 on .553FG .333 3FG against Cavs two years ago in the playoffs.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      I too am optimistic on Sully! I think he should be big for us once he is 100% healthy!

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                        Holy shit! Klay has 40 at halftime! WTF?!?
                        And the Warriors have 80 and a 30 point lead ... Man oh man.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          The Warriors are a scary ass team....

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            The Warriors are a scary ass team....
                            They are indeed an scary ass-team.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              I don't watch Warriors game anymore. Does anyone find that team entertaining to watch? they're blowing out everybody by 20+ points a game.

I miss the old "Splash Brothers"
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                I don't watch Warriors game anymore. Does anyone find that team entertaining to watch? they're blowing out everybody by 20+ points a game.

I miss the old "Splash Brothers"
                                What theare you talking about? Watching Klay blow up for 40 at halftime was absolutely insane! It was hella entertaining just to see if he could keep it up. I have no idea what you're talking about. Over the last two years, I've been watching Warriors games just to see if one of them will blow up. It's entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X