No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watch sports because of COMPETITION. Competition = Entertainment.

Blowing out teams every game is not entertainment. I'd rather watch a fucking Columbus Blue Jackets game than a Warriors game.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I watch sports because of COMPETITION. Competition = Entertainment.

Blowing out teams every game is not entertainment. I'd rather watch a fucking Columbus Blue Jackets game than a Warriors game.
      I can empathize a little.. its like paying for a good ticket to watch Alabama play East Cupcake State and win 77 to 0. Not really much there to like.

Its easy to dislike the Warriors.. they are up 30 and they are hot dogging like mad in the 3rd quarter... Wonder if anyone on Indy would take a scalp .. like a really hard flagrant foul on Curry to make a point...
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 6, 2016, 01:03 AM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• I think 2pat/Sully frontcourt would be our chance of defending that lineup with Frye at Center.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Thats just it.. what specifically are they checking for...The guy standing on the baseline said good shot. Then a whistle and a review is called. So what were they checking to see ? It went in before a clock violation so you can eliminate that so essentially they would be checking to see if his foot was on the 3 point line. If it was.. 2 points not 3. If they were checking to see if his foot was out of bounds then all this is for naught.. but using the carmelo debacle last year that doesn't seem to be a reviewable instance. Again.. rules could have changed and I am off on this.

its silly for me or anyone to say that the review was called because the officials wanted to look for something - anything to waive the shot off.. christ you could do that on 2 out of 10 plays and find something in the replay footage to mitigate a basket. Just looking to see if there is any specifici named paramaters for a review or they just look at the clip in the last 2 minutes that looks like its off and say...hey we missed that.. so the call is changed.
          It's the rule. Shots like that are generally reviewed for 3 points/2 points. And when they do that review, they look to see if the player stepped out of bounds. It's right in the rule book.

The Melo play, he didn't take a shot to check for the 3/2 possibilities, so no check was done on the sideline either. You can't review specifically to see if you missed an out of bounds call - you can only do it when checking a shot for point value.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Thread: Game #21: Cleveland @ Toronto 5/12, 7:30 pm EST

Here's my theory:

The cavs didn't have a timeout, and they called one. So when the refs realized this, they didn't want to give clevland the tech and said "the whistle was to review if this was a three or a two"

And then all of a sudden once they saw his foot on the line, they changed the review and just waived the basket

Which to my understanding, they can't do. But whatevs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              I watch sports because of COMPETITION. Competition = Entertainment.

It's sickening really

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Here's my theory:

The cavs didn't have a timeout, and they called one. So when the refs realized this, they didn't want to give clevland the tech and said "the whistle was to review if this was a three or a two"

And then all of a sudden once they saw his foot on the line, they changed the review and just waived the basket

Which to my understanding, they can't do. But whatevs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah. I watched it on PVR a couple times and you could see every single Cavs player and member of their coaching staff. Nobody called timeout. Much as it sucks, that was definitely the refs calling that review straight away.

Be that as it may, and even though we ended the game tied in free throws, jesus it seems like the refs let them get away with murder. So many momentum changing opportunities where calls just don't go our way. THERE'S your conspiracy imo.

Comment

• Jonas "Rio" Valanciunas is averaging 3.3 PTS, 5.3 REB over the last few games.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Jonas "Rio" Valanciunas is averaging 3.3 PTS, 5.3 REB over the last few games.

He's been rough.

Although, to be fair, he's averaging 7 and 10 per 36, on 8.5 FGA's, over the past 4 games. So his efficiency is very poor but he's also just not getting minutes (which is probably for the best with him unable to hit a shot).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Weird little slump for JV of late.

Comment

• Meh I'm ok with a JV slump for a few games. Look at how long everyone else's slump was before they got going. Everyone wanted to get rid of COJO barely a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• Hey, remember when JV used to use a running hook shot out of the post? Haven't seen that in a while. He seems so passive there, settling for jumpers in post ups. Not sure why - if he's hurt, or just in a funk, or what, but he's just not playing his game.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Remember when they used to pass JV the ball?

No, I don't remember that either.

Comment

• Actually, on that note, has anyone else noticed the hilariously terrible play the Raps have run a couple times in the past few games? Not last night but in recent games. JV will get the ball in the post, and right before he makes a move, Carroll will come and set a down screen for some reason, and JV will try to be the ball handler in a mini pick and roll, driving around the pick into the lane. When Carroll's man hedges, JV passes out to the top of the arc (with basically nothing else to do and without the ball handling skills to make a good play on the move) and it inevitably gets picked off by the defence who sees it coming ten miles away.

I thought it was the worst idea I've ever seen on a basketball court the first time they did it and figured it was messed up in execution. Then they did it again the next game and it went exactly the same way.

Here's one time, can't find the other:
                              http://stats.nba.com/events/#!/?flag...c*E*Bad%20Pass

I don't understand why anyone would ever want to even try that, let alone try it twice.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Hey, remember when JV used to use a running hook shot out of the post? Haven't seen that in a while. He seems so passive there, settling for jumpers in post ups. Not sure why - if he's hurt, or just in a funk, or what, but he's just not playing his game.
                                They only really give him the ball consistently when he's open for that short jumper. He's been taking that a lot lately.

When he posts up he does go for that little fade a bit more, but I've seen him take it inside at about the same rate (mind you I've missed a few games this season). Personally I'd like him to try and take it in deeper and try a hook with his off hand.

Personally I don't think his rebounding has been too bad. He just hasn't been able to snag any O boards but his D rebounding has been okay. He still boxes his man out, but it's hard to control the glass if the person helping you is Siakam; he brings a lot of energy but he's still quite undersized and not a solid rebounder yet. On top of that there are quite a few possessions where guards don't box their guys out and a wing sneaks in and grabs an O board.

I want to see what happens with JV for about another month before I decide whether the team should move him or not
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X