Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah. If I manage a win tonight, I'll start including more in the OP for future game threads.

Wolves 3rd Q net rating: -28
    Raptors' 4th Q net rating: +19

Should be a fun 2nd half.
    Given up on PF Scola after a single loss? Haha.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Given up on PF Scola after a single loss? Haha.
      Scola would never have a place in my starting lineup. Pascal is lucky I didn't throw Patterson in there with all this power going to my head.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• W
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's not a coincidence I was running out of Scola gifs. Cavs ain t that good. We've lost cuz I couldn't find any new Scola gifs.

Finally we can move on. No more Scola in our republic. lol

Comment

• Towns is a nightmare matchup for JV. Don't think we'll see much of JV again tonight.

Also, Wiggins ALWAYS plays well against the Raptors. So this game is not going to be easy.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Towns is a nightmare matchup for JV. Don't think we'll see much of JV again tonight.

Also, Wiggins ALWAYS plays well against the Raptors. So this game is not going to be easy.
              KAT is a nightmare matchup for everyone. He's the future of this league.

Comment

• Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Towns is a nightmare matchup for JV. Don't think we'll see much of JV again tonight.

Got to hide JV on Dieng he's less of a threat.

Comment

• For those wondering why against the Wolves, they have arguably the most exciting Canadian player to watch (Wiggins) & Minny's very close to Manitoba. I know a lot of Winnipeggers go to Wild games, and assume the same thing occurs with the T-Wolves.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      For those wondering why against the Wolves, they have arguably the most exciting Canadian player to watch (Wiggins) & Minny's very close to Manitoba. I know a lot of Winnipeggers go to Wild games, and assume the same thing occurs with the T-Wolves.
                      Whaa?

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                        Got to hide JV on Dieng he's less of a threat.
                        That's a horrible idea.

People realize that's what they'd want you to do right? KAT is a beast, but you dare him to shoot and put your best post defender on him so you don't have to double as much down low.

He can hit the outside shot, but if he's being used there it means he's not scoring in the post, not forcing the D to collapse as much, and not in a position to offensive rebound.

If he's on fire from deep you're kinda fucked no matter what. And we don't have a player who matches up well against him if that's the case.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Dec 8, 2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Damn, a DanH game thread. I feel like this is witnessing a unicorn, a unicorn named Mengke Bateer.

Comment

• Pattman, Carroll & Siakam all night on KAT, no matter what.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              That's a horrible idea.

People realize that's what they'd want you to do right? KAT is a beast, but you dare him to shoot and out your best post defender on him so you don't have to double as much down low.

He can hit the outside shot, but if he's being used there it means he's not scoring in the post, not forcing the D to collapse as much, and not in a position to offensive rebound.

If he's on fire from deep you're kinda fucked no matter what. And we don't have a player who matches up well against him if that's the case.

KAT will destroy JV in the post too he's so much quicker than him. 2Pat and Pascal imo will be the best in trying to slow him down they are quick enough to keep up with him and KAT doesn't really use strength in the post he relys on his quick feet and very solid mid range shot.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                                KAT will destroy JV in the post too he's so much quicker than him. 2Pat and Pascal imo will be the best in trying to slow him down they are quick enough to keep up with him and KAT doesn't really use strength in the post he relys on his quick feet and very solid mid range shot.
                                What are you talking about? Almost 40% of his O comes at the rim (0-3 ft), where he shoots over 60% (and about 60% of his O comes within 10 ft). Pat and Siakam will get utterly destroyed by him inside. He has a very strong low post game. He isn't out there trying to cross people over, he just has the total package where he bullies players who can't handle his size but also has a dangerous first step on bigger guys. Put a smaller guy on him and he'll shoot straight over them anywhere on the court. You put the big guy on and give him space to dare him to shoot.

The small guy won't be able to defend him in any scenario and you'll have to double every time he has the ball down low. The bigger player can push him out more easily forcing him to face up and shoot more, while also making it easier to cheat toward him on D by zoning up a little bit without having to fully commit to doubles that leave shooters and cutting lanes open.

Comment

Working...
                                X