No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like Rubio, but damn. He can't survive in this league without a shot.

Comment

• I thought some of the defensive plays by bebe in the 4th settled things down a bit and created some easy transition buckets that broke the will of the wolves enough. To that point it was just an entertaining mess that the wolves hung around and a bounce or two the other way and it's anyones ball game.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
        man...MIN and NYK's moronic drafting really put'em in the shitter

Also TYREKE was a tease for one year
        Hindsight is 20/20 but Minnesota absolutely bungled that draft.

Can you imagine if they took Curry at 5 and DeRozan at 6? They would've had a Curry/DeRozan/Love core.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
          Flynn lit it up under the bright lights at Madison sq garden. There was a lot of questions that curry was older, injury/athleticism questions, Davidson a small program, defensive and playmaking abilities as a small player.
          It wasn't so clear or obvious at the time.
          Not saying Flynn was the better/worse prospect. All I'm saying is they drafted both Rubio and Flynn who were both PGs who couldn't play off the ball. Also Flynn was smaller than Curry. It was just a dumb pick.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            I really like Rubio, but damn. He can't survive in this league without a shot.
            Still a top notch defender out of the point guard position and his passing skills are still strong. He'll never be a star, may end up as a backup but he'll survive.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Still a top notch defender out of the point guard position and his passing skills are still strong. He'll never be a star, may end up as a backup but he'll survive.
              We'll see. Kid knows how to play basketball, but it's not that surprising. Spanish basketball schools are pretty great.

Comment

• Oooooffff! Suck it Rubio.
                That dunk was DEMAR-ALIZING!!

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Not saying Flynn was the better/worse prospect. All I'm saying is they drafted both Rubio and Flynn who were both PGs who couldn't play off the ball. Also Flynn was smaller than Curry. It was just a dumb pick.
                  I agree it was dumb and most said that at the time. Flynn was more built/tough/athletic. I really liked Rubio but I'm a sucker for passing. I guess they wanted one to work out and bet on the wrong horse. I certainly had my doubts about Steph. Not in his abilities but in his durability.

Comment

• Sixers just won on the read. Yup.

Comment

• Golden State apparently went on a 29-1 run in the first quarter against the Jazz

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                        Golden State apparently went on a 29-1 run in the first quarter against the Jazz
                        Yeah I saw this. They've started the game on 29-5 run. Crazy. Against the team who can play defence. Fuck Warriors.

Comment

• Yep, Jazz were up 4-0 at the 10:15 mark of the first, down 29-5 at the 3:55 mark of the first

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            Yep, Jazz were up 4-0 at the 10:15 mark of the first, down 29-5 at the 3:55 mark of the first
                            I don't like this. Honestly. 29-1 run against the team which can actually defend. Ugh.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              I don't like this. Honestly. 29-1 run against the team which can actually defend. Ugh.
                              This is the reality against a team like the Warriors (or Cavs, for that matter). When they are on, literally no one is stopping them, or really even slowing them down. Have to be able to score with them and try to tread water when they catch fire and hope for a cold streak to come.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hahahah I love those two

Last edited by rocwell; Thu Dec 8, 2016, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X