Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He's absolutely right. Just found the bluntness amusing.
    He's not wrong but you don't have to be a dick. I hate that dude and I was pissed. Grant hill is such class. He was saying that even if his team wasn't as talented that it gave him motivation to get better and be the best he could be. I think we are seeing that from our team. Reggie is a total fuck.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      He's not wrong but you don't have to be a dick. I hate that dude and I was pissed. Grant hill is such class. He was saying that even if his team wasn't as talented that it gave him motivation to get better and be the best he could be. I think we are seeing that from our team. Reggie is a total fuck.
      I don't take it personally. No broadcast team needs 3 voices. Reggie's just there because he's blunt, and sometimes says dumb/controversial stuff.

Disagreements (read: drama) are good for ratings, I guess.

Comment

• The Raps used to regularly scorch the Horford led Hawks on the boards and it should be no different tonight as the Celtics are a pretty poor rebounding team in general this year. With no Isiah Thomas suited up tonight to drive down the lane as Horford leaks out to the perimeter the Raps interior defense should be able to hold up better than it did against the T-puppies and limit those second chance points off weak side rebounds that have been the bane of Casey's life over the past couple of games.

Lowry will show Marcus not so Smart that he still has some learning to do and while Derozan will have a test against Avery Bradley he will get to 20 plus. As with most games this year the Lowry Derozan combo should come out ahead of the Bradley Smart duo tonight both on the stat line and with the eye test watching the game unfold.

Terry Ross usually saves some his best games for the Celts and the on again off again stroke to Ppat is due to be on off the wing where Jae Crowder and Jonas Jerebco will be trying to keep them at bay. I can already hear Tommy whining on how this guy (Ross) is a Celtic killer and only a Celtic killer.

The Celts for all the bluster on how good they were going to be defensively don't have shot blocker, dont rebound well and give up a fair bit of second chance points. With no real centre (unless Tyler Zeller has put on 40 lbs) JV and Bebe can really really really make the Celts hurt inside and this is an advantage the Raps will look to exploit with Kyle lobbing it inside to Bebe and JV making put backs. No IT will limit an already average Leprechaun offense.

Yes its the second game of a back to back and its on the road.. but hopefully on the plane and on the bulletin board sits Jae Crowders ill timed comments on the ascension of the Celtics past the Raps and how they fear no one...Sure Jae...
        Raps W tonight.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Dec 9, 2016, 12:53 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Avery Bradley is leading the team in rebounding... haha. Sullinger is going to help this team a lot.

Comment

• This bugs me to no end. Sure it's in slow motion. Sure it's a dunk which is fun. Sure it's a great narrative to say KAT destroyed JV. But JV goes straight up with an arm that may (or may not) have gotten up to block the shot. But KAT uses his forearm to push JV down and out of the way, clearing the way for his "poster". How is this not an offensive foul?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              This bugs me to no end. Sure it's in slow motion. Sure it's a dunk which is fun. Sure it's a great narrative to say KAT destroyed JV. But JV goes straight up with an arm that may (or may not) have gotten up to block the shot. But KAT uses his forearm to push JV down and out of the way, clearing the way for his "poster". How is this not an offensive foul?
              I've gotten used to that. Our guards do the same thing when going in for a dunk. They never call that. It's like the traveling rules for guards - they basically don't exist.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                I've gotten used to that. Our guards do the same thing when going in for a dunk. They never call that. It's like the traveling rules for guards - they basically don't exist.
                yeah.. I guess so. I am equally bugged by the guard "push off" which magically creates space to get a clean shot off (here's lookin' at you MJ)

Comment

• Comment

• W
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Hahahaha
                      Your Toronto Naptors.
                      Looks like Cojo never felt this one was in doubt.

Edit: Woahhhh - just noticed it looks like Dunn's going in for a little somethin-somethin there.
                      Maybe Cory's not asleep after all.
                      Enjoy finishing at the rim gents.
                      Ok... I've gone too far.
                      That's the weirdest pic ever.
                      Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Fri Dec 9, 2016, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        They also rarely call guys getting shoved in the back on rebounds.
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I love Demo Shift's hatred of the Celtic's.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            They also rarely call guys getting shoved in the back on rebounds.
                            Yeah, that gets annoying. You see guys like Whiteside do it all the time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Carlos Rogers wrote: View Post
                              I love Demo Shift's hatred of the Celtic's.
                              It's pretty much the same ire he exudes for every team.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Siakam vs. Amir....let the new vs. old commence

Comment

Working...
                                X