Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
    They have Jordan Hill on their team via 2 year at $8 Million. It's like they have three draft picks in 2009 and drafted Rubio, Flynn, and Hill all at once missing out on Steph, DeRozan, and a healthy Jennings
    Jon Leuer of the Pistons has outscored the entire combined bench of the TWolves

Comment

• I am unstoppable as thread creator. My reign shall never end. Bow before me, mortals.

Two in a row. Never has there been a more glorious win streak.

This one was rough all over with the exception of the third Q. Team was tired and they really, really looked it. Thank goodness for Normgod and for KLOE. Those two stole this one. Everyone else was... alright. Pat was good, as ever, and was the key to that run in the 3rd Q - basically from the second he checked in the game turned around, well before BeBe came in. Joseph was rickety, JV only had some good stretches but struggled guarding Horford once they abandoned Johnson - weird he didn't get many opportunities inside to punish them for going small. Nogueira was good for that second half of the third, but was rough early and fell apart in the 4th. I liked the move to go super small with Pat - if JV won't be out there because of the matchup, I'd rather go all the way to the extreme, especially with Powell playing so well and BOS going so small.

Anyway, road win, back to back, division "rivals?" I'll take the win.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I am unstoppable as thread creator. My reign shall never end. Bow before me, mortals.

Two in a row. Never has there been a more glorious win streak.

This one was rough all over with the exception of the third Q. Team was tired and they really, really looked it. Thank goodness for Normgod and for KLOE. Those two stole this one. Everyone else was... alright. Pat was good, as ever, and was the key to that run in the 3rd Q - basically from the second he checked in the game turned around, well before BeBe came in. Joseph was rickety, JV only had some good stretches but struggled guarding Horford once they abandoned Johnson - weird he didn't get many opportunities inside to punish them for going small. Nogueira was good for that second half of the third, but was rough early and fell apart in the 4th. I liked the move to go super small with Pat - if JV won't be out there because of the matchup, I'd rather go all the way to the extreme, especially with Powell playing so well and BOS going so small.

Anyway, road win, back to back, division "rivals?" I'll take the win.
        Is it really though? Is it?
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          Is it really though? Is it?
          Sure, because Brad Stevens is the best coach in the NBA!

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Sacramento is always a good prop bet for firing a coach...but there doesn't seem to be any one team that is really underperforming compared to their talent level...

Well maybe Boston because they are so deep with budding stars that everyone wants and they were going to win the NBA title in August with that lineup and all those future draft picks...

Don't think Nates on the hot seat yet...

You hearing or reading something or just throwing up some ideas ?
            The team that is really under performing expectations, without injuries as an excuse, would be the TWolves. Sam Mitchell had a better win% last year than they do now. Don't think the GM will can the coach though.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
              Brooks?
              give him a chance, it's not clear he's shit and riding on Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, and Durant magic

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                Sure, because Brad Stevens is the best coach in the NBA!
                Oh, sorry - misread Dan's post and thought he was implying that it was weird the Celtics didn't go inside to punish the Raptors for going small

Comment

• Norm Powell has my vote for Tenth Man of the Year Award.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Norm Powell has my vote for Tenth Man of the Year Award.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      The team that is really under performing expectations, without injuries as an excuse, would be the TWolves. Sam Mitchell had a better win% last year than they do now. Don't think the GM will can the coach though.
                      Yeah the pups are on the spit and with a couple more minutes are just about done...

Next 3 see them taking on the Warriors.. Bulls and Rockets.... which will put them at a robust 6 and 20 before their next winnable game which is Phoenix..

Thibs might be using this year as a throw away to teach them first hand that until they decide to play defense.. they are a lottery team... and with 6 and 20 staring them in the face he will be right.....

Believe Matt Moore at CBS had them in the playoffs...which is why anything that dink writes is suspect
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Hate Matt moore

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          Hate Matt moore
                          He used to get upset with me when I pointed out obvious typos - which happened repeatedly. Like it's that difficult and time consuming for a "professional" or anyone else to to press F5 and spellcheck the work that you're getting paid to do. This was a couple years ago before I dropped him on Twitter.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                            Brooks?
                            tonious35 wrote: View Post
                            give him a chance, it's not clear he's shit and riding on Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, and Durant magic
                            i think brooks gets a chance as litmus test...
                            Whiz ran Randy Whitman out of town because apparently he wasn't getting the most out of Wall and Beal and Co..

but Wall and Beal are still shitting the bed with a new coach and and a new system....

So... have to think that Washington is likely making and taking calls...
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Dec 9, 2016, 11:46 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• My read is that Casey rode bebe from the second half of the 3rd until the last 4 mins of the game when he started getting tired. The team defense in that stretch turned the game. Jv got torched for 1 min and then pat shut it down.
                              Cory was -17. He didn't look that bad but somehow he was.

Comment

• LOL

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X