Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    With GSW falling apart against MEM last night, Raps now have the best ORTG in NBA history.
    we're in the top 5 in the league for eFG%, TOV%, FTA/FGA (#1) and in the top 10 for ORB%, which are the so-called "four factors" for offence. So it's not too surprising.

As usual, the question is whether this will continue into the post-season.

Comment

• Comment

With GSW falling apart against MEM last night, Raps now have the best ORTG in NBA history.
        Thats crazy, who would of thought it possible.

Comment

should we be concerned that the offence may drop off? Whats driving the O? Is it just the hot shooting from Lowry, with Carroll Cojo and Patterson coming around. Boston slowed us down and they did a really good job on Demar. Certain mathcups still concern me. But with the schedule seemingly getting easier for the rest of the season it's likely we can maintain a top 3-4 offence at least. I hope the D can get better. If we can crack the top 10 there by seasons end we may actually have a shot at CLE, at least on paper.

Comment

• If the Bucks can hold on and make the playoffs this year... Does anyone know if Kris middleton can come back from his injury in time to play in the post season ?

the Bucks more so than the Celtics are the team who is ready to move up in class in a hurry ... They are a point guard away from being really really good...when Middleton comes back...
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 11, 2016, 03:08 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

who was the best on court pair for ORTG on the raptors last year? scratch that, who was the best on court pairing (who have played at least 250 minutes together) for ORTG in the ENTIRE LEAGUE last year?

ppat and JV (at 124.5 ORTG playing 282 minutes together)

Comment

Source?
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  Source?

There is the tweet that they are #1 in the league now.

Comment

• Looking at RPM numbers. There are 425 players total. 8 of our 10 rotation players rank in the top 120, only Pascal and Cojo outside.

Listened to most of the latest Duncan/Leroux podcast And they discussed players who should be traded. The only Raptor mentioned was by Duncan who suggested Norm. Hate the idea, but I understand the logic. He's not getting the playing time here that his play deserves, and all of Ross, Carroll and Demar's contracts extend beyond his.

Would Casey trying to match Bebe vs Henson, JV vs Monroe as much as possible be a good idea? Not asking if he will, because i can't see him doing it, but would that work better than just trotting out our regular rotation?
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post

There is the tweet that they are #1 in the league now.
                      I have no direct link. But I delved through all the NBA.com data available (since 97) and no other teams come close to this year's Raps and Warriors. And the Warriors slipped behind the Raps last night. Closest is 2010 Suns with 112.7 to Raps' current 114.2. Even last year's Warriors only 112.5.

Meanwhile, Raps and Warriors are top two by a mile on basketball-reference, which is inaccurate with their calculation (and still have the Warriors slightly ahead of the Raps), but go back through NBA history. Between those two, I'm confident in the "highest all time" pronouncement.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Looking at RPM numbers. There are 425 players total. 8 of our 10 rotation players rank in the top 120, only Pascal and Cojo outside.

Listened to most of the latest Duncan/Leroux podcast And they discussed players who should be traded. The only Raptor mentioned was by Duncan who suggested Norm. Hate the idea, but I understand the logic. He's not getting the playing time here that his play deserves, and all of Ross, Carroll and Demar's contracts extend beyond his.

Would Casey trying to match Bebe vs Henson, JV vs Monroe as much as possible be a good idea? Not asking if he will, because i can't see him doing it, but would that work better than just trotting out our regular rotation?
                        I think having JV check Monroe is a good idea, but I wouldn't change the rotation to do it - go inside to JV against Henson in the post, and force them to make the sub. Henson doesn't have a great shot to punish JV on the perimeter, so that's an OK matchup, it's really the BeBe/Monroe matchup that hurts. But our bench is such a running unit we should be able to take advantage of Monroe anyway. Never hurts to just give JV more minutes to take away that Monroe/BeBe mismatch though.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          should we be concerned that the offence may drop off? Whats driving the O? Is it just the hot shooting from Lowry, with Carroll Cojo and Patterson coming around. Boston slowed us down and they did a really good job on Demar. Certain mathcups still concern me. But with the schedule seemingly getting easier for the rest of the season it's likely we can maintain a top 3-4 offence at least. I hope the D can get better. If we can crack the top 10 there by seasons end we may actually have a shot at CLE, at least on paper.
                          Well, it may not stay the best in NBA history but it's not like the last 20 games are an anomaly. This incarnation of the Raps has been one of the best offensive teams in the NBA for the past three seasons and we're 25% into season 4. I mean, history always repeats itself until it doesn't and all that but I don't see anything to suggest this team is going to struggle any time soon.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Well, it may not stay the best in NBA history but it's not like the last 20 games are an anomaly. This incarnation of the Raps has been one of the best offensive teams in the NBA for the past three seasons and we're 25% into season 4. I mean, history always repeats itself until it doesn't and all that but I don't see anything to suggest this team is going to struggle any time soon.
                            Well, the obvious reason would be once the playoffs hit the offence has largely disappeared, historically.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Well I wouldn't expect us to drop off a cliff thats for sure. But you can't expect Lowry to keep hitting 3s at the rate he is. I don't know how much that is driving the historic ORTG, but it seems likely that we will come back down to earth a bit. Not that I'm overly concerned, we should maintain a very good offence for the remainder of the season, especially considering the SOS is getting lighter. And like you said, we have been a very good offence for 3 seasons now. An improved defence would go along ways to giving me the confidence we could more readily handle some of the tougher matchups in our conference.

Comment

I have no direct link. But I delved through all the NBA.com data available (since 97) and no other teams come close to this year's Raps and Warriors. And the Warriors slipped behind the Raps last night. Closest is 2010 Suns with 112.7 to Raps' current 114.2. Even last year's Warriors only 112.5.

Meanwhile, Raps and Warriors are top two by a mile on basketball-reference, which is inaccurate with their calculation (and still have the Warriors slightly ahead of the Raps), but go back through NBA history. Between those two, I'm confident in the "highest all time" pronouncement.
                                From a Kevin Pelton article a few weeks back about the Warriors offence

In fact, Golden State not only has the NBA's best offensive rating this season, but the team's 115.4 points per 100 possessions would crush the 112.7 scored by the 2009-10 Phoenix Suns for the highest posted since the league began recording turnovers in 1973-74.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X