Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Is it time to not just trust in Masai, but to trust in Casey as well? I mean regardless of how you feel about different components of his game calling he keeps getting results. Outside of those bizarre two losses to Sacramento, we've not lost to anyone you would expect us not to lose to. I'm loving this team right now. They have a clear plan of how they want to play and are executing it.
    Who would of thought that the coach knew what he was doing all this time.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is it time to not just trust in Masai, but to trust in Casey as well? I mean regardless of how you feel about different components of his game calling he keeps getting results. Outside of those bizarre two losses to Sacramento, we've not lost to anyone you would expect us not to lose to. I'm loving this team right now. They have a clear plan of how they want to play and are executing it.
      Well the guy you trust, Masai, put his trust into the coach with that healthy 3 year contract and that's the opinion that matters most.
      DC still has the ear of the players and they still respond to his message....when that goes....so will he .....but for the here and now the Raps are on an upward trajectory and all is well.

Wonder if some of the glow off the coaching genius in Boston is wearing off.
      They provided him a star in Horford, they had 5 players in the top 100 in SI's year beginning ranking and were projecting to push the Lebrons for the East title. At 13 and 11 and a tough schedule coming up you have to wonder if it's the coach or the players as the Leprechauns have so far failed to meet expectations.
      Two first round playoff exits with a record of 2 and 8....a pretty good stumble out of the gate....if this was Rapville they'd be trading everyone they couldn't fire..including the coach.

Does Brad deserve a pass ?
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 13, 2016, 11:09 AM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        You shouldn't wish things like that on JV. Embiid will take him out to the perimeter.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        I don't really care, it's a learning process against a team we should beat no matter how jv plays
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Two first round playoff exits with a record of 2 and 8....a pretty good stumble out of the gate....if this was Rapville they'd be trading everyone they couldn't fire..including the coach.

Does Brad deserve a pass ?
          If Masai fired Casey after our 2 1st round stumbles, it's news to me.

Smart GM's aren't kneejerk like fans.

Casey is still here and Stevens isn't going anywhere either.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            If Masai fired Casey after our 2 1st round stumbles, it's news to me.

Smart GM's aren't kneejerk like fans.

Casey is still here and Stevens isn't going anywhere either.
            No Masai didn't let Casey go after "the sweep"....but the calls for his scalp on the lodge pole came from large swaths of the fan base and also from some of the media who cover the raps

So no firing for Brad..but maybe he gets a Moody's rating downgrade on his coaching genius card from triple A to single A ?....or are the players outside of Horford and Thomas over rated ?
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 13, 2016, 11:46 AM.
            - TGO

Comment

• Maybe the players are just trying to figure it out with the addition of a big name player like Horford, who has missed some games early on. Thomas has missed games too, as well as Olynk. Perhaps the expectations were too high, and maybe none of this should reflect poorly upon Stevens coaching ability.

Comment

• http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde...vens_bost.html

Doesn't mean he's 100% correct or correct at all. But the points he makes do seem valid.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Just read the post game wrap up and came across this quote: "DeMar was his usual efficient self..."

Who ever thought they would be seeing that collection of words used as a simply throw away line in a description of a Raptors game.

Good on DeMar and team to make it possible to say.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I don't really care, it's a learning process against a team we should beat no matter how jv plays
                    And hopefully another occasion to test new lineups and give our starting back-court rest in 4th. Last night for the first time we saw super small (KL, DeMar, Powell, Carroll, PPat). Maybe it's time to prepare some lineups for games, when Lowry or Demar will rest. I'd love to see one focused on JV - CoJo, Powell, Ross, PPat, JV.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde...vens_bost.html

Doesn't mean he's 100% correct or correct at all. But the points he makes do seem valid.
                      He has those two all stars now with Al and Isiah ...and to be fair Horford was out for 5 or 6 games ...now that they're all back let's see if Dudley is Nostradamus or just another Boston supporter who sees sunshine and rainbows where perhaps there are none.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Should be another W

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Should be another W

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Lowry loves playing in Philly. I'd be surprised if the Raps don't win by at least 20.

Comment

• I signed up for League Pass yesterday and the damn game was blacked out. Today's better be on.

Comment

I signed up for League Pass yesterday and the damn game was blacked out. Today's better be on.
                                League Pass always blocks the local market games.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X