Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
    think Casey intended to pull Lowry eventually, but Philly caught fire so it just happened Lowry stayed out there. I wouldn't read too much into it more than that.
    It's also Lowry's hometown and he had like 50 people in the stands. There was a moment on the TV coverage in the 4th, when I think they were up about 15 or so, with Casey and Lowry chatting during a timeout, maybe about whether it was time to sit down or not? Wondering if Lowry wanted to stay in to give his people a show. The shimmy after the mostly meaningless late 3 seems to suggest he had a little more at stake playing at home than he might usually have.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• RIP Craig Sager.

Fuck 2016

What a bad year.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
        It's also Lowry's hometown and he had like 50 people in the stands. There was a moment on the TV coverage in the 4th, when I think they were up about 15 or so, with Casey and Lowry chatting during a timeout, maybe about whether it was time to sit down or not? Wondering if Lowry wanted to stay in to give his people a show. The shimmy after the mostly meaningless late 3 seems to suggest he had a little more at stake playing at home than he might usually have.
        He goes there twice a year, every year. I think that's a bit of a reach. He kept a defensive lineup in because casey doesn't relax ever
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          RIP Craig Sager.

Fuck 2016

What a bad year.
          Agreed.

I just got the notification on my phone.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            He goes there twice a year, every year. I think that's a bit of a reach. He kept a defensive lineup in because casey doesn't relax ever
            As mentioned earlier in the game thread, last night was also Kyle's mom's birthday, and the 55 tickets that he had for the game was higher than normal - could well mean that the coincidence of events meant that there were relatives in town that normally don't get to see Kyle play when the Raptors visit Philly.

Comment

RIP Craig Sager.

Fuck 2016

What a bad year.
              Why? Trump?

Comment

RIP Craig Sager.

Fuck 2016

What a bad year.
                RIP to the man in the loud suits.

FUCK YOU 2016!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Why? Trump?
                  No. Violence. Bombings in Brussels. Terrorist attacks in France, America. US cops killing innocent people. Horrific attack on police officers in Dallas. Zika. Bowie died.

Cohen. Prince. Muhammad Ali. Sager.

Last edited by rocwell; Thu Dec 15, 2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                    Short term rest? This Wednesday game was their second game in five nights. And it's easy, regional travel (Toronto to Boston, Boston to Philly). And they don't play again until tomorrow. This is actually a part of the schedule where players can afford to play some more minutes without too much harm.

I think Casey intended to pull Lowry eventually, but Philly caught fire so it just happened Lowry stayed out there. I wouldn't read too much into it more than that.
                    When is eventually? With 5 minutes left the Raps had an 18 point lead and Lowry had played 31 minutes. If you don't take him out then, when do you? He really should have been sitting to start the quarter, but there's no excuse for him to be still in the game with half the quarter gone and the same blowout score on the scoreboard.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      As mentioned earlier in the game thread, last night was also Kyle's mom's birthday, and the 55 tickets that he had for the game was higher than normal - could well mean that the coincidence of events meant that there were relatives in town that normally don't get to see Kyle play when the Raptors visit Philly.
                      Dwane casey doesn't strike me as a "hit me right in the feels" kinda coach. I personally would be very dissapointed if they played kyle for his mom and bros..a kyle lowry long term injury ends our season on the spot.

Comment

No. Violence. Bombings in Brussels. Terrorist attacks in France, America. US cops killing innocent people. Horrific attack on police officers in Dallas. Zika. Bowie died.

and Trump.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Dwane casey doesn't strike me as a "hit me right in the feels" kinda coach. I personally would be very dissapointed if they played kyle for his mom and bros..a kyle lowry long term injury ends our season on the spot.
                          Some players just sub themselves into games. Though I don't think Kyle would do anything to that degree, I imagine if he requested Casey to play him most of the quarter Casey would acquiesce. Like someone mentioned, he did appear to be going full throttle.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

But what happened to YOU? And those that love YOU?

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I could give a fuck about David Bowie, he sure as hell didn't give two shits about me or mine. As far as wars and bombings and people bringing terror, well, world peace is a nice thought, but spoiler alert: it won't be coming in 2017.

I dunno...I'm seeing this common thread on social media about how 2016 was so awful for these same reasons, but I think its rooted in the liberal youth whining about Trump and then it goes from there.

Now..JV vs DHoward...amirite?

Comment

Every year from time immemorial has sucked if you think of it that way.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

But what happened to YOU? And those that love YOU?

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I could give a fuck about David Bowie, he sure as hell didn't give two shits about me or mine. As far as wars and bombings and people bringing terror, well, world peace is a nice thought, but spoiler alert: it won't be coming in 2017.

I dunno...I'm seeing this common thread on social media about how 2016 was so awful for these same reasons, but I think its rooted in the liberal youth whining about Trump and then it goes from there.

Now..JV vs DHoward...amirite?
                                I visited Paris few weeks ago. I never seen so many soldiers on the peaceful streets. (I found out later that France is still under the state of emergency law so that makes sense but still. Scary stuff.)

Comment

Working...
                                X