Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Every year from time immemorial has sucked if you think of it that way.
    Yeah you could make a case, 2016 - worst year until next year, right?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      I visited Paris few weeks ago. I never seen so many soldiers on the peaceful streets. (I found out later that France is still under the state of emergency law so that makes sense but still. Scary stuff.)
      I guess I will agree that worldly events are getting more and more dangerous for our generation. My mom and stepdad and others in that age group (45-60) say they've never remembered it this scary, I'm sure its part media fear mongering...

but then of course if you're old enough to remember World War 2, we're all a bunch of pussies
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Yeah you could make a case, 2016 - worst year until next year, right?
        Again, if yoy think of it that way.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I guess I will agree that worldly events are getting more and more dangerous for our generation. My mom and stepdad and others in that age group (45-60) say they've never remembered it this scary, I'm sure its part media fear mongering...

but then of course if you're old enough to remember World War 2, we're all a bunch of pussies
          Cold War & Cuban missile crisis come to mind...

In many (most) ways, the planet is more peaceful and affluent than ever before. Media scare-mongering is a big part of the perception otherwise. Now If you're concerned about the planet's ecology, then I agree, there are reasons to be deeply pessimistic.

Now that's all the politics I'll ever bring up on this forum.

Comment

• Is the league leader in net rating playing this game?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              On a soft sked! Dan collecting #fakewins..God I'm so glad that's not a trending term here anymore
              Fake wins
              Fools Gold
              Treadmilling
              Tanking
              Firing Casey

None of which I miss in any way shape or form.

And on a fun note...Jalen Roses second best team in the East...the 13 and 11 Chicago Bulls are getting their asses handed to them by the 11 and 12 Milwaukee Bucks .... Deer up by 26 in the third. Rondo looking sullen...Butler not playing well..Wade same....Hoiberg may be the first coach whacked in 2017.

Edit..they lost by 11.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Dec 15, 2016, 11:46 PM. Reason: Edit Final Score
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Craig Sager celebrated his wedding anniversary with his wife yesterday.(15 years!) And today he passed away. Jeez.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Fools Gold. Jalen Roses second best team in the East...the 13 and 11 Chicago Bulls are getting their asses handed to them by the 11 and 12 Milwaukee Bucks .... Deer up by 26 in the third. Rondo looking sullen...Butler not playing well..Wade same....Hoiberg may be the first coach whacked in 2017.

Edit..they lost by 11.
                  I edited your post a bit myself.

Jalen's Bulls.

They're shooting 3's at a .307 clip before their 5-19 tonight. Only 1 Bull is better than league average - MCW who is 1 for 2.

Context - Only 2 other teams the past 14 years have shot under 31% from 3 - the 31-51 TWolves in 12-13 and the 7-59 Bobcats the year prior. That's it.

Didn't watch much of the game, but one sequence stuck out. Butler's? drive into the lane was cut off so he whipped a pass to a wide open shooter in the corner. The shooter's man was in the paint and and didn't even bother to try closing out. Because it was Rondo in the corner - he clanked the shot.

You're right that Hoiberg will probably take the fall, but it was Forman/Paxson who deserve at least equal blame.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    You're right that Hoiberg will probably take the fall, but it was Forman/Paxson who deserve at least equal blame.
                    In all seriousness I have no idea what their plan was:
                    June 22 - Rose, Holiday, 2nd rounder to Knicks for Grant/RoLo/Calderon
                    So retool around Butler, he is already ball dominant, so basic idea is to give him better spacing, add 6th man to give bench scoring punch. They have about $25M in cap space to do that.
                    PG - Calderon / Grant
                    SG - Snell / Valentine
                    SF - Butler / McDermot / Dunleavy
                    PF - Gibson / Mirotic / Portis
                    C - Rolo / Felicio
                    Sure that rooster is far away from being perfect, gaping hole at PG, but with addition there you should be able to fight for home advantage in the playoffs without endangering the future. Market wasn't filled with quality PG though: Conley stayed with Grizzles, but you had 5 other guys who are better fit there than rondo and would command reasonable money: Jeremy Lin (who'd get starting gig here), Tyler Johnson, Dellavedova, even Jennings and Deron Williams seems like better fits than what they done:
                    July 7 - Signed Rajon Rondo (2 years, $28 million), it more money than any of guys I mentioned and is exactly someone you'd want to play with Jimmy - ball hog who cannot shot 3s
                    2 more deals were made that day - salary shreeders:
                    - Dunleavy to Cavs
                    - Calderon with two 2nd rounders to Lakers
                    Okay so now you start Rondo and have only two 3 point shooting threats in starting lineup: Butler and Snell, you cannot trade Butler but you can find another ball dominant guard:
                    July 15 - Signed Dwyane Wade (2 years, $47.5 million)
                    This makes some sense, when you can get superstar (even in decline) you seriously consider it, and he definitely is another shot creator beside Butler. That doesn't change fact that you are in pace to the worst spaced starting lineup in the entire NBA.
                    October 17 - Traded Tony Snell to the Milwaukee Bucks for Michael Carter-Williams
                    And odd man is out, won't be getting any minutes with Wade in starting lineup and Valentine on the bench, but it's cringe worthy that you trade for another G without shooting ability...

So yeah the Bulls definitely made weirdest decisions (on par with Magic) last summer.

Comment

• Frankly, considering their roster make-up, they are overachieving with a .500+ record. I had them pegged for a little under .500 and scrapping for that 8th spot in the East. If they can the coach, I could definitely see them getting worse - they've managed an above average offence with historically bad three point shooting.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Which thread was it that we ranked the East seeding for this season? I think I may have actually said New York would be 3rd.

Comment

• One last comment on last nights Bucks Bulls game. The highlight of the night might have come from the guy doing play by play..

[IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

• I'm still pissed we didn't get Xmas game.

Comment

• It was the new TV deal that boosted up the salary cap. They didn't pay all that money to put the Raptors on and make nothing off of them.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                                It was the new TV deal that boosted up the salary cap. They didn't pay all that money to put the Raptors on and make nothing off of them.
                                They'll already be stuck with us for 3 playoff rounds, give or take. Let them have their Christmas day games.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X