No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suppose. I wonder what the ratings are for the Christmas day games versus any old regular season game on national TV. I bet the advertisers pay a premium for those marquee Christmas slots.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      I suppose. I wonder what the ratings are for the Christmas day games versus any old regular season game on national TV. I bet the advertisers pay a premium for those marquee Christmas slots.
      Last year, Warriors-Cavs Xmas game was watched by ~11 million viewers

Warriors-Cavs Game 7 was watched by 30.8 million viewers

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Last year, Warriors-Cavs Xmas game was watched by ~11 million viewers

Warriors-Cavs Game 7 was watched by 30.8 million viewers
        And as far as a regular season game:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2016...-fcs-playoffs/

Rockets/Thunder Leads Recent NBA on ESPN

Rockets/Thunder scored 1.8 million viewers on ESPN’s NBA Friday last week, up 64% from Heat/Pacers last year (1.1M), up 51% from Blazers/Bulls in 2014 (1.2M). Ratings jumped 49% year-over-year (from 0.77 to 1.15). The Suns/Lakers nightcap had a 1.0 (flat) and 1.6 million (+9%). On Tuesday, Timberwolves/Bulls had 1.4 million and Thunder/Blazers 1.5 million — down 28% and flat, respectively, from the comparable 2014 doubleheader of Warriors/Grizzlies (1.9M) and Thunder/Kings (1.5M). There were no comparable games last year.
        Don't know how trustworthy the numbers on that site are but it would seem the Christmas Day games get 6 to 9 times the viewers as a weeknight regular season game. Is that enough reason to exclude the Raptors? Who knows. I guess I just choose to not take it personal, even if I know I may be wrong.

It will be interesting to see the ratings for the Pacers@Toronto ESPN game on Fri, Mar 31st.
        Last edited by Mess; Fri Dec 16, 2016, 02:02 PM.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• W
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think Millsap is going to feast on Pascal unfortunately. He didn't play last time.

They've also moved Thabo into the starting five, will be interesting to see if they switch him onto DeMar, because THJ won't be up to it.

Lowry will dine on Schroder. We should win this one but we shouldn't underestimate them either.

Comment

• Trap game imo. Anything can happen

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                I think Millsap is going to feast on Pascal unfortunately. He didn't play last time.

They've also moved Thabo into the starting five, will be interesting to see if they switch him onto DeMar, because THJ won't be up to it.

Lowry will dine on Schroder. We should win this one but we shouldn't underestimate them either.
                Huh, you are right, Thabo's been starting for them lately. Don't know how I missed that but caught THJ.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• On that note, that starting lineup (with Thabo and THJ) has played 47 minutes together and has demolished the opposition. 118 ORTG and 80 DRTG. Combine that with our subpar starting lineup and this one might have a rough start. Then again, many of their minutes came over the past three games where they started, and those were against the Heat, Bucks and Magic. So, meh.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yo it's basically impossible to have a side chick these days

A video posted by Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) on

Comment

• More fun: Raptors are 1st and 5th in ORTG and DRTG in December. Hawks are 26th and 28th. Think we should win this one.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bebe will play tonight

Comment

• Sixers game is on the ESPN tonight. Nice one.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Sixers game is on the ESPN tonight. Nice one.
                            Lakers vs Sixers
                            Jazz vs Mavs

LOL
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Lakers vs Sixers
                              Jazz vs Mavs

LOL
                              Nothing but the finest
                              OG is our king

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Lakers vs Sixers
                                Jazz vs Mavs

LOL
                                Lakers Sixers should be a close game. Isn't that your preference as opposed to watching the Warriors?
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X