No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone believe our offence would be where it's at if we had Carroll, Siakam and Biz starting?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      Does anyone believe our offence would be where it's at if we had Carroll, Siakam and Biz starting?
      Would our D really even be better? Did nobody notice how badly Pat and Bebe got "burned" in space coming to help on the p'n'r and on penetration? JV is not the problem. In general the C position is not the issue.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Would our D really even be better? Did nobody notice how badly Pat and Bebe got "burned" in space coming to help on the p'n'r and on penetration? JV is not the problem. In general the C position is not the issue.

People see what they wanna see

Comment

I think it would be a little better, but certainly not a difference maker. Biz's mobility would help some. The other drawback with that starting line up is that our guards would get blown by even more because of the extra energy they would need to expend on scoring the ball.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
            I think it would be a little better, but certainly not a difference maker. Biz's mobility would help some. The other drawback with that starting line up is that our guards would get blown by even more because of the extra energy they would need to expend on scoring the ball.
            Yeah but again, last night Pat and Bebe struggled, and a lot of that was a lack of rotations to help them. They are both more mobile than Biz...even if you argue Bebe isnt his superior length/reach more than make up any difference.

I honestly just think it's time to discard this notion that Casey is a defensive coach. Does he try to be? Maybe. However our D only looked sustainable one year while he's been here, and that was last year when someone else was in charge of designing it.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Is it too late to pay Biz 17 mil a year?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              No thanks. That's 7 million too much for someone with stone hands.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Yeah but again, last night Pat and Bebe struggled, and a lot of that was a lack of rotations to help them. They are both more mobile than Biz...even if you argue Bebe isnt his superior length/reach more than make up any difference.

I honestly just think it's time to discard this notion that Casey is a defensive coach. Does he try to be? Maybe. However our D only looked sustainable one year while he's been here, and that was last year when someone else was in charge of designing it.

GV and Lou will. Personnel matters. Hand check rules affect perimeter defenders. We have two of the best guards at manufacturing bs fouls on offense. It's hard to guard. Most of the highest ranked defenders are forwards. JV and siakam struggle, starters are poor defensively. Bebe and Pat do not. 2nd unit gives up 15 pts less. 2nd unit gets stops and opens up transition.

Comment

• Pretty hilarious people think that this D wouldn't be better with Biz. He is really the only thing missing.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Shot blocking isn't the issue, it's the lack of help when a big does step up, no one rotates to cover them. You could have Prime Dikembe and it wouldn't help because weakside help (could be another big or guard or wing - so no indictment of an individual Raptor) isn't rotating to cover his man.

If we can't stop the penetration then we need better rotations to cover off the help that comes. Ideally we would do better stopping the penetration but I don't think that is happening with the players we have in the rotation right now.
                    A good shot blocker might only block 5℅ of shots but changing shots, deflections and shots that aren't taken all add up. It's not the only part of defense but it's a big one.
                    Yes, dikembe would help.

Comment

• Howard was an animal even hit a great for him percentage on free throws. Might rematch the game we sleepwalking or did the hawk's execute that we'll? Sure let a lot blow by's get thru

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        A good shot blocker might only block 5℅ of shots but changing shots, deflections and shots that aren't taken all add up. It's not the only part of defense but it's a big one.
                        Yes, dikembe would help.
                        Dikembe can't make his teammates rotate over when he comes to help so it wouldn't actually fix the defence. He also wouldn't change how our guards defend the PnR. So really, it's a 5 man (or at least 4 man) problem that 1 player cannot fix.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Pretty hilarious people think that this D wouldn't be better with Biz. He is really the only thing missing.

That and Scola....

It's Greer they say.... Where's Greer now? How's his current team doing defensively?

Personnel matter people!

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Yes, dikembe would help.
                            This is what some people don't seem to understand.... it's not only about blocking shots. It's also the presence.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              That and Scola....

It's Greer they say.... Where's Greer now? How's his current team doing defensively?

Personnel matter people!
                              Exactly!

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                This is what some people don't seem to understand.... it's not only about blocking shots. It's also the presence.
                                Ok so how has Charlotte consistently been a top 10 D with below average defenders at almost every rotation spot? Personnel matters, but not as much as everyone is making it out to, and it's not as important as other factors...effort, accountabillty, playing at the right pace, communication, scheme...

We generally get effort from most guys. Communication seems to be inconsistent. Accountability is pretty much non-existent. And our scheme has seen some slippage compared to last year. And we dont always play with good pace, sometimes trying too hard to run.

Comment

Working...
                                X