Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Ok so how has Charlotte consistently been a top 10 D with below average defenders at almost every rotation spot? Personnel matters, but not as much as everyone is making it out to, and it's not as important as other factors...effort, accountabillty, playing at the right pace, communication, scheme...

We generally get effort from most guys. Communication seems to be inconsistent. Accountability is pretty much non-existent. And our scheme has seen some slippage compared to last year. And we dont always play with good pace, sometimes trying too hard to run.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Top 10 D the past 3 years with Al Jefferson as the guy in the middle.

People will still swear a backup quality big man fixes the entire defense though. Lol

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      A lot of overreaction. Yeah loss sucks but you dont make trades because we lost to Hawks.
      Overreacting is what people do on RR. We lost a game time to trade a bunch of players. JV is obviously the worst centre in the NBA. Biyombo who played 22mpg last year is apparently made this team into the best defense last year lol. This team with biz was ranked 11th last year obviously the defense will get worse but this team wasn't great last year either so......

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Re-watching the game now. Can someone explain to me why the hell did doee Toronto keep going over the screen on Schroder? He cannot shoot!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Pretty hilarious people think that this D wouldn't be better with Biz. He is really the only thing missing.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          special1 wrote: View Post
          This is what some people don't seem to understand.... it's not only about blocking shots. It's also the presence.
          Oh is that why Orlando is a top defensive team this year.

Oh wait, except they're 17th in defensive rating in the league. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...7_ratings.html

So much for Biyombo being a saviour.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

Oh wait, except they're 17th in defensive rating in the league. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...7_ratings.html

But they have the great Biz and Ibaka. How could that be possible?

Comment

And that's with some good defenders like Ibaka, Peyton and Gordon getting solid minutes.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Game #27: Toronto Raptors 106 - Orlando Magic 79

Your Toronto Raptors look to avoid a two game losing skid in Orlando tomorrow, against a Magic side that's below .500 but have won two of their last three. While the offence has been producing at a historic rate the defence has been slipping majorly the past few weeks, can the Raps put everything together against the Magic and continue to solidify their place at 2nd in the East?

PROBABLE STARTERS

Can the Raptors' defense bounce back? Who will be blocked by Biyombo? Is Kyle Lowry really over everything? Find out all this and more next time, on Toronto Raptors basketball!

GO RAPS!!!
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Dikembe can't make his teammates rotate over when he comes to help so it wouldn't actually fix the defence. He also wouldn't change how our guards defend the PnR. So really, it's a 5 man (or at least 4 man) problem that 1 player cannot fix.
                  Help, not reinvent.

Comment

• Obviously you should look at biz sample with our team, not the magic.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      Obviously you should look at biz sample with our team, not the magic.
                      No, it's to show that defense is a team effort and no one man can save a team's defense.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Good Luck, James Bond

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Ok so how has Charlotte consistently been a top 10 D with below average defenders at almost every rotation spot? Personnel matters, but not as much as everyone is making it out to, and it's not as important as other factors...effort, accountabillty, playing at the right pace, communication, scheme...

We generally get effort from most guys. Communication seems to be inconsistent. Accountability is pretty much non-existent. And our scheme has seen some slippage compared to last year. And we dont always play with good pace, sometimes trying too hard to run.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                          Agreed, there are many factors. Both sides are minimizing the argument of the other. Including looking at other teams that throws the variables into chaos.

Some of our lineups are good defensively, some players are bad and used poorly. We lost a coach and a player. Our offense is killing and we lost some focus on D.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Help, not reinvent.
                            But it wouldn't help enough to really be relevant. We are not one trade away from fixing the defence. It will take multiple changes in either scheme, tactics or personnel to fix the defence.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

No, it's to show that defense is a team effort and no one man can save a team's defense.
                              Again, it's not save, biz is not a giant band-aid, it's help. Lots of factors.

Comment

• Not sure why y'all are talking about Biz at the moment. I mean, we couldn't even afford this dude!

Comment

Working...
                                X