Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    But it wouldn't help enough to really be relevant. We are not one trade away from fixing the defence. It will take multiple changes in either scheme, tactics or personnel to fix the defence.
    It certainly can make a difference. Yes, there are many factors. I'm not gonna deal in absolutes that one trade can't make a difference or that scheme , etc should be ignored.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Not sure why y'all are talking about Biz at the moment. I mean, we couldn't even afford this dude!
      I know a similar player with bird rights. Of course Masai has absolutely no interest...

Comment

• Biz was not irrelevant last yr. Imo Masai very much wanted to keep him if not for the money.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
          Again, it's not save, biz is not a giant band-aid, it's help. Lots of factors.
          Well, two posters here think he is.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            There's a bit of absolute polarity on both sides imo.
            Siakam is not ready, jv and DD are liable fixtures and Carroll is passable but a shell of what he was brought in to do. Gotta work with what you have but imo gotta consider working with something better to make a step.
            Even good defenders like norm and cojo are struggling. Seems sometimes they are trying to force fast guards into rim protection. They had some success doing this vs Westbrook and kemba. When in doubt, Cory resorts to eye poking.

Comment

• Rim protection has to be there tho.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Top 10 D the past 3 years with Al Jefferson as the guy in the middle.

People will still swear a backup quality big man fixes the entire defense though. Lol
                Biyombo was his back up center one of those 3 years

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Overreacting is what people do on RR. We lost a game time to trade a bunch of players. JV is obviously the worst centre in the NBA. Biyombo who played 22mpg last year is apparently made this team into the best defense last year lol. This team with biz was ranked 11th last year obviously the defense will get worse but this team wasn't great last year either so......

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                  I would sure love an 11th ranked D right now.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

No one called him a saviour. People are just saying he would help this d. Which goes without saying. Stop putting wordsin people's mouth.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Oh is that why Orlando is a top defensive team this year.

Oh wait, except they're 17th in defensive rating in the league. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...7_ratings.html

So much for Biyombo being a saviour.
                      Did the 2016-17 season end or something? The guy has played 25 something games...lol. Are you for real??

Here's what I know.... Last year we were better than Orlando defensively and so far this year they are better than us.... They have our best defensive player from last year.

Funny, you don't bring up this argument when JV fans bring up Greer as the reason why our defense slipped. Where's Greer at now? What's his new team's defensive rating.... so quiet. Hint: Ranked 29th out of 30 teams..

I guess another debate won.... Biyombo was more important.

#Personnelmatters

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        Did the 2016-17 season end or something? The guy has played 25 something games...lol. Are you for real??

Here's what I know.... Last year we were better than Orlando defensively and so far this year they are better than us.... They have our best defensive player from last year.

Funny, you don't bring up this argument when JV fans bring up Greer as the reason why our defense slipped. Where's Greer at now? What's his new team's defensive rating.... so quiet. Hint: Ranked 29th out of 30 teams..

I guess another debate won.... Biyombo was more important.

#Personnelmatters
                        Because the only player they got in the off-season was Biyombo right?

Comment

If you would pause from your JV defending for one minute.... you'd see that we're saying HELP.

Yes, this team has many issues defensively. However, with the current rules, the guards won't be much better. We need someone who can at least move his feet, protect the rim AND grab rebounds. It's a layup line out there right now.... no intimidation. Is this what you want???

I don't care if we get a better backup or a starter! We need to do something because this defense won't cut it.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            Because the only player they got in the off-season was Biyombo right?
                            Exactly! It's too early to be saying Biz doesn't make them better.... You guys.... lol

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              Exactly! It's too early to be saying Biz doesn't make them better.... You guys.... lol
                              Biz does make them better, but so does Ibaka and Vogel as their coach.

Comment

• Let us see how Biz responds to an elite offence. Judging by some recent posts, with Biz on Orlando we will be lucky to get to 90 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X