• Show
Clear All

• Battle of the back up Centers

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      Rim protector and JV in the same sentence..... lol
      Yep.. middle of the pack among centers. Again, solid....

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        No fighting in the war room. You got a Dr strangelove gif roc?
        Someone here has actually seen that movie???
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          it's a great movie

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Forced to watch it in prison with my eyes wired open

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              it's a great movie
              The reason I asked was when Ross was really struggling a year or 2 ago and a few people were blaming Casey for Ross's issues, I jokingly posted that Casey was sapping and impurifying Ross's precious bodily fluids.

Nobody seemed to get the reference. And yeah, the movie is great.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Forced to watch it in prison with my eyes wired open
                That's what they'll need when they go over the defensive game film from last night.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Yep.. middle of the pack among centers. Again, solid....
                  He's tied with mirotic for 51st in the league. Nurkic, vucevic and kanter all have higher blocks per game on less mins per game.

Comment

He's tied with mirotic for 51st in the league. Nurkic, vucevic and kanter all have higher blocks per game on less mins per game.
                    blocks are pretty meaningless

Comment

• Hey guys I missed the game last night..what happened?
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Hey guys I missed the game last night..what happened?
                        I don't remember. I'm still drunk.

Comment

But wait! There's more.

Points Saved at the Rim per 36 (which is more than just blocks by the way) he was 0.24. Right smack dab in the middle for centers.

FG% at the rim, he was high-ish. But here are some that were below him (comparing with other centers because of similar defensive roles):

Dwight Howard: -0.66 PS/36..... (50.1% at rim)
                          Andre Drummond: -0.10 PS/36..... (52.4% at rim)
                          Tyson Chandler: -0.76..... (52.6% at rim)

So yeah. Rim protection is a little overrated.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            But wait! There's more.

Points Saved at the Rim per 36 (which is more than just blocks by the way) he was 0.24. Right smack dab in the middle for centers.

FG% at the rim, he was high-ish. But here are some that were below him (comparing with other centers because of similar defensive roles):

Dwight Howard: -0.66 PS/36..... (50.1% at rim)
                            Andre Drummond: -0.10 PS/36..... (52.4% at rim)
                            Tyson Chandler: -0.76..... (52.6% at rim)

So yeah. Rim protection is a little overrated.
                            It really depends on the team. If your guards can't contain people on the perimeter, and are prone to gambling - yeah JV is in big trouble.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              blocks are pretty meaningless
                              Blocks are one of the most useless stats in basketball. They are basically deflections. Getting a block doesn't mean completing a defensive possession, nor does it have the level of impact on intimidating players that some people think it does. It can have some impact, but these are big boys guys, none of them are backing down because someone blocks their shot, especially the great players.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                It really depends on the team. If your guards can't contain people on the perimeter, and are prone to gambling - yeah JV is in big trouble.
                                Yeah, to me this is the big problem with our defense, not simply that we're poor at contesting at the rim, but that we allow the most attempts at the rim in the league. Incremental improvements to our rim defense are not going to make a huge swing in our points allowed at the rim unless we significantly reduce the number of attempts.

Here's how bad our penetration problem is: if you replaced our rim defense with San Antonio's league-leading 48.8% rim protection, while not reducing the number of rim attempts we give up, we would still be allowing 16.6 field goals, third worst in the league. In other words, rim defense is a problem of quantity for us, not quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X